[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 11/11/2020 at 11:49 PM, kylelander said:

RO works with BDB now!

10 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Does that mean it won't work at all with RSS?

10 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

It will WORK but there's not enough fuel in the rockets probes ETC to DO anything.

Err,  Umm,  Just a page or so back it was announced that BDB had a full set of RO files available for it (NOT IN BDB you have to download them from the RO/RSS group.)   Mind you I don't play RO/RSS so I am just repeating what I read.

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Err,  Umm,  Just a page or so back it was announced that BDB had a full set of RO files available for it (NOT IN BDB you have to download them from the RO/RSS group.)   Mind you I don't play RO/RSS so I am just repeating what I read.

oh ok. I couldn't see it in the changelog so i said tat.

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

1 hour ago, kylelander said:

oh ok. I couldn't see it in the changelog so i said tat.

Not everything is covered. Though a lot of it is including stuff added in the last major release. Compared to before you can say it is mostly RO compatible now. And all the compatibility patches are in the base RO mod itself (which is the case for nearly all RO compatible mods) which is why its not in the BDB changelog.

15 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Are BDB parts optimized for RSS?

As above the majority of (but not all) BDB parts can be used with RSS if you install RO. Alternatively I *think* you can use them in RSS without RO by installing SMURFF provided you are willing to make your rockets much larger.

23 minutes ago, llikooid said:

please makes some SLS parts for the next update, reDIRECT is so outdated and not fits with your mods, Dylan already making good SRBs mods so you dont need to make SLS SRBs again

SDLV’s are out of scope, and reDIRECT is by no means outdated.

Sorry to bother you with stupid questions like this, but can anyone explain to me how decouplers work in this mod? The modded engines are great, but when I try to create an upper stage byt putting a decoupler beneath the engine (just like in vanilla), the engine doesn't get a shroud and it just looks awful and is really instable. So, how do I use interstages/decouplers/stack separators with this mod?

Oh, and something else: great work with the mod! I still don't understand why there are no mini-probe cores in the base game. I always wanted to build really tiny probes, so thank you and this mod for that! Very keen to see what's coming next.

1 hour ago, Colonel of Ferocity said:

Sorry to bother you with stupid questions like this, but can anyone explain to me how decouplers work in this mod? The modded engines are great, but when I try to create an upper stage byt putting a decoupler beneath the engine (just like in vanilla), the engine doesn't get a shroud and it just looks awful and is really instable. So, how do I use interstages/decouplers/stack separators with this mod?

Most BDB engines (and upper stages and engine plates) do not have stock-style shroud and are meant to be used with provided interstages. Pick one and attach it to a hidden node on engine (upper stage or engine plate).

Edited by biohazard15

3 hours ago, llikooid said:

please makes some SLS parts for the next update, reDIRECT is so outdated and not fits with your mods, Dylan already making good SRBs mods so you dont need to make SLS SRBs again

You have a higher chance of seeing KSP2 released before the end of the year than you do of seeing SLS parts in BDB . Just use redirect , as already stated it is by no means outdated .

37 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

sorry to ask, but on what are you currently working on? Saturn/Apollo or other stuff?

We're working on the next minor release mainly. Which will include Hexagon, Mariner 10, Transit 2A+Grab  and Strawman (probably?) as well as some bug fixes. Following which will be the big Saturn/Apollo update. Of course there could be other surprises in between ;) 

3 hours ago, Colonel of Ferocity said:

Oh, and something else: great work with the mod! I still don't understand why there are no mini-probe cores in the base game. I always wanted to build really tiny probes, so thank you and this mod for that! Very keen to see what's coming next.

There are some craft files in the spacedock download which should show you how things are setup. But as others have pointed out most engines dont have shrouds, rather you attach an interstage to an engine mount. This allows you to maintain the proper look of the rocket while having the flexibility to use any engine that will fit inside the interstage. There are some exceptions to this such as the Titan engines which were made before the decision was made to go all in on interstages for everything.

As a general point the officially unofficial wiki by Friznit is a great resource to see how things work in BDB too.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

40 minutes ago, msp307 said:

7642539062_album.png

hi i need help. How can I edit the fairing so that it fits again?

Maybe there is an explanation for that somewhere
"module procedural fairing" and
"ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing"?

would be very grateful.

Which version of KSP are you on? If its KSP 1.10 I would recommend upgrading to KSP 1.10.1

If you are on KSP 1.8.1, 1.91.1 or 1.10.1 please send me your modulemanager.configcache file. This is located in Kerbal Space Program/GameData

Simple adjustable fairings by the way are the dedicated custom fairings we provide. They are much nicer and we would recommend you use them if your payload will fit.

screenshot140.png

screenshot141.png?width=1470&height=827

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Which version of KSP are you on? If its KSP 1.10 I would recommend upgrading to KSP 1.10.1

If you are on KSP 1.8.1, 1.91.1 or 1.10.1 please send me your modulemanager.configcache file. This is located in Kerbal Space Program/GameData

Simple adjustable fairings by the way are the dedicated custom fairings we provide. They are much nicer and we would recommend you use them if your payload will fit.

screenshot140.png

screenshot141.png?width=1470&height=827

I am using the latest version of KSP.

I forgot to say that I scaled this.

My question was actually whether there are explanations for the individual points?

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 88

nArcs = 2
        nCollidersPerXSection = 12
        useClamshell = true
        ejectionForce = 300

TextureURL = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Aero/bluedog_fairing

panelGrouping = 3
        pivot = 0,0.11,0
        axis = 0,1,0