[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

25 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

Using the dev branch with Tweakscale gives big error pls halp @CobaltWolf 

There are two types of errors that the new tweakscale shows. The most serious one strongly advises you to not load the game. The other ones just disables some parts from having tweakscale and lets you continue. The second less serious one disappears after 30 seconds. Whichever it is I advise getting help from the tweakscale author on the official tweakscale thread. He is helping everyone with the errors there.

ps. I am not getting the more serious error with the dev branch. Only the second one, which is safe to ignore (and I dont think its even BDB parts).

Just now, TheKSPBeginner said:

The first one

Well the first I think is caused by two patches trying to tweakscale the same part. I am certain this problem doesnt exist in the dev branch. I suggest doing a clean install of BDB. But its possible another mod is trying to patch something. The best thing to do is to follow up with Lisias on the tweakscale thread to find out whats happening.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I honestly have no idea what solar panel you're talking about? "Wrap around folding solar arrays"..?

The Gambit Arrays that attached to the APS engine and followed the curve of the APS engine module (so edge on it is quarter circles while from above it is a rectangle.)    *Looks for picture*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KH-8_Gambit_3#/media/File:KH-8_GAMBIT_3_(Block_3_&_4).jpg

If I was wrong, I apologize...   Given you don't remember the conversation.... I am probably wrong :P

Those would fold up on the APS and fit INSIDE the engine shroud supposedly   (I am guessing APS needs to physically shrink in thickness when it is redone but IDK)

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Zorg what's the white smudge in this image? The last one in your recent gallery post

jfC5yZq.jpg

Wot!   The Censors have erased the Extra Terrestrial ship from the image again?!   Durn fool iejiots!  

Ronnie Ray Gun posing for a Silhouette?

*I Joke I Joke!*

So Last night I posted the update to my Ugly Dorian Mk2 derived station.      As I stated yesterday, I was taking the constructive criticisim and addressing it with a Dorian Mk3 at 1000km in a 2.5x rescale system.    The end use for this station is to 1) get the most out of the new station parts as currently in DEV, 2) be a based for full solar system exploration when I get to my career (this is in sand box ATM so it allows me to experiment) and most importantly 3) proves what is already well know.... Depots > SLS   :P

Ok so the last is a little tongue in cheek after comments on the mini-stream tonight...

First the Station planned out in VAB  (note changes have been made to the station since these pictures were taken.

oxRP1jI.jpg6v8S2lh.jpg

Please note that like Dorian Mk2's power upgrade, I am using a Probe equipped with large solar panels and a 6 way node using the Apollo Probe/Drogue docking system.   2x of the Probes are rotated to be along the plane of the central core and 2x are rotated to perpendicular.... allows 100% coverage for sun tracking.   Final launch each Solar probe has 4x (2x2) of the new MOL single wide panel arrays.

Here is the Station Core sans Skylab and the Escape Geminis that are on the 3x Docking nodes. 

QFkakxS.jpg

Yes those are two Vega upper stages on the bottom wings in this view.   When Skylab launches it will attach at the very top.  

And here we have the first of 4 Power probes docking:

ADJTj5B.jpg9MHuayx.jpg

Now that I have sufficient power production I will be closing down the 1x6 Solar Arrays toward the left side in these views as well as depositing of the two Vegas.... I had left the Vegas because they provided better sun tracking + extra solar at no cost while launching the power probe.  

Now @CobaltWolf  I have not spent a lot of time to try to verify this but it appears that the STAR-48B/BV is broken.....   Here are some pictures AFTER I Jettisoned it from Bluestreak Super stretch...

90PVO9O.jpgdczMIur.jpg

It is too late today (and I get to train a new employee tomorrow) so I am un-able to test tonight.   Will check the CFG and then test tomorrow.

5 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

H E L P M E H

guess i can just uninstall tweakscale 4now

Have some patience and allow Lisias to respond on the tweakscale thread. As mentioned, there are no duplicate patches within BDB so the person who can help you figure things out is the Tweakscale author.

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Zorg what's the white smudge in this image? The last one in your recent gallery post

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Wot!   The Censors have erased the Extra Terrestrial ship from the image again?!   Durn fool iejiots!  

Ronnie Ray Gun posing for a Silhouette?

*I Joke I Joke!*

Lol, its an aurora. The station is in a 200km, 75 degree inclination.

edit: (Hmm looking back at it once more, I see the white smudge *could* be something in addition to the aurora possibly but I think its part of it)

edit2: I had one more pic from the same moment. Best guess is a shoreline that hadnt gone completely dark. The pic was near the terminator.

Spoiler

The Truth Is Out There

52 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

I have not spent a lot of time to try to verify this but it appears that the STAR-48B/BV is broken.....   Here are some pictures AFTER I Jettisoned it from Bluestreak Super stretch...

Are you on the very latest dev branch? I messed up while doing the B9 based engine type switching and missed out on a curly bracket :mad: Blowfish fixed it on sep 9th.

Edited by Zorg

Wow... Pappy, your stuff is looking good, but Zorg that is just... incredible! WOW.

Anyways, there's going to be another dev stream tonight, starting sometime between 5 and 6 eastern (4-5 hours from this post, basically). Just wanted to make sure people knew! :)

In the meantime, more stuff coming through the pipeline.

Here are three remakes of old parts: The dish, propellant carrier, and solar panel.

s2KAlLC.png

And something else we've been needing: Gemini needs a proper LES for when it's getting launched on bigger LVs. This way people playing hard campaigns will be able to get their crew to safety!

sHAgar4.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, Friznit said:

Crew tubes and adjustable joints are SSPXr.  Everything else is BDB.  It all fits together rather well, I think, though it needs reCoupler to stop it being weird.

Haha no it was a joke implying the whole thing is an SSPXr ring hab.