[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Is it just me or are most Atlas parts rotated 90 degrees as of the latest dev build?

13 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

Yea, I saw that on github

what's the point of that other then messing up our craft files?

1 minute ago, TranceaddicT said:

Okay, what is this launcher?  I really want my sounding rockets to launch off this.

I'm not 100% sure but it appears to be tweakscaled stock (with restock) parts, with that red base being a tantares part, perhaps on a breaking ground joint?

11 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

what's the point of that other then messing up our craft files?

9 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Chill out, it's probably just a mistake.

Making it so they respect the proper VAB (and thus navball) orientation. It was an overdue fix; I wasn't paying attention to it until recently.

EDIT: It's real melatonin hours but I realized I should explain more. What we're trying to fix is, for example, if you build Mercury - that follows the navball orientation. The window is "up" if you're flying prograde above a planet. If you build it proper like that, the Atlas would have been 90 degrees off. So you either have to rotate the whole LV 90 degrees under the payload, or deal with it being... well, wrong :PTitan had the same problem.

Edited by CobaltWolf

31 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

sorry that was rude, i'm just butthurt about having to fix a dozen craft files

and it's not accidental, the the notes mention it specifically https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/commit/bbb129bdc5c82d96e4c94eaf17bbca5fe5e2352f

:blush: Sorry about that. It was getting old rotating Atlas on every build. Some Centaur and Titan parts are getting rotated as well so don't spend too much time rebuilding craft files right now. Please when you do rebuild them use fresh parts from the pallet, since craft files cache a lot of information and won't pickup a lot of not very obvious changes.

34 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

What an odd change ...

It's so it flys in the correct attitude. Boosters arranged vertically, verniers on the side.

1217191.jpg

2 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Okay, what is this launcher?  I really want my sounding rockets to launch off this.

2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

I'm not 100% sure but it appears to be tweakscaled stock (with restock) parts, with that red base being a tantares part, perhaps on a breaking ground joint?

You got a good eye there, it is indeed a kit I slapped together using stock parts and a Tantares base to make it look it's actually holding something together. Nothing fancy (yet), though there's some real potential once I do unlock some basic robotics, to do a more fancy version.

Other than that, I think Alpha may have mentioned considering a sounding rocket guide rail for the MLP mod, so maybe ask him nicely? :)

The Fenris 1500-1700 Upper Tank has 3 different lengths (long, extended, extra extended) but ingame the extended Tank has the same lenght as the long tank, only more fuel.

The same with the Fenris 1300-2300 Lower Tank: Base Tank and Long tank has the same lenght and the same amount of fuel. The extended and extra extended Tank have the same lenght but different amount of fuel.

Is this intended or an issue?

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

The Fenris 1500-1700 Upper Tank has 3 different lengths (long, extended, extra extended) but ingame the extended Tank has the same lenght as the long tank, only more fuel.

The same with the Fenris 1300-2300 Lower Tank: Base Tank and Long tank has the same lenght and the same amount of fuel. The extended and extra extended Tank have the same lenght but different amount of fuel.

Is this intended or an issue?

No thats not right but further changes are coming as Cobalt is trying to sort out the thor delta tank lengths.

1 minute ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya -- are these lovlies taken with 1.8.1/jnsq/tufx/no scatterer? Asking because I see clouds.

1.8.1, JNSQ, TUFX with Scaterrer.

2 hours ago, ndiver said:

Hello, I've installed BDB 1.7 for test for History of Spaceflight Contract Pack.
I get a large error message while loading KSP, is it the place to share that for the 1.7 development version?

What kind of error? I suspect its the B9 part switch warning caused either by an incorrect install or out of date dependencies.

Make sure everything is installed correctly with the most up to date dependencies (included on the github repository). Please also note that BDB dev 1.7 is for KSP 1.8.1 and above only.

Just now, OrbitalManeuvers said:

OK cool - I was thrown off by the warnings on the tufx page about incompatibility with scatterer, but the spoils go to the brave i guess. Gonna give this setup a try today.

Its a little ambiguous. TUFX was developed specifically for KSP 1.9 and some features (HDR rendering or somesuch) dont work in KSP 1.8.1. Most however are fine although officially 1.8.1 is unsupported.

The incompatibility was more about Scaterrer and Eve not being updated for 1.9. Howerver on KSP 1.8.1 TUFX, Scaterrer and EVE all play nice with each other far as I can tell.

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

What kind of error? I suspect its the B9 part switch warning caused either by an incorrect install or out of date dependencies.

Make sure everything is installed correctly with the most up to date dependencies (included on the github repository). Please also note that BDB dev 1.7 is for KSP 1.8.1 and above only.

Indeed, the errors refer to the B9 Part Switch, I will retest as you said.

It was that ! Thank you for your help :) And yes, i'm on the 1.8.1

Edited by ndiver

13 hours ago, Jso said:

It's so it flys in the correct attitude. Boosters arranged vertically, verniers on the side.

Wait what? All my life I thought that 1.5-stage Atlases flew with boosters arranged horizontally, like any other rocket with two side-mounted boosters, because that's what aerodynamics suggest.

Live and learn, I guess :P

In case anyone else was wondering about TUFX too ... I installed it into a working 1.8.1 JNSQ install with both eve and scatterer, and haven't seen any problems. 

Below are pics of 3 different presets that are installed by default. Not showing Zorg's presets until I can do them justice ... but here are 3 of the default ones:

Spoiler

Kk8HVbE.jpg

Z3sKG2l.jpg

8DtgzvX.jpg

You really have to seem them full size to see any significant difference - but all three look pretty nice by default.

Users of the dev branch may find that 2 new BDB missions have been added to the set, to perform unmanned and manned landings on non-atmospheric bodies.

Ranger Block 2 asks the player to successfully execute the intended mission of Ranger 3-5, performing science on approach of a moon and dropping off the rough lander probe. The existing Ranger mission must be completed first; some of the experiments from that mission have been moved to this new one, to properly differentiate between block 1 and block 2 parts and missions.

The Apollo mission should be fairly obvious in what's intended. Don't think it will be an easy 'land on x and return' mission though, you will be asked to follow the profile of the Apollo 15/16 missions, including a separate surface lander and return to main spacecraft and a separate sub-satellite launch. It looks a little daunting in mission control, but frankly so does the real thing!