Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.10.1] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.7.1 "Огромный" 18/Oct/2020)


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

So, that thermal patch... it didn't change much. Delta-class solids do show a mild overheat (tried on 3910). UA120s don't. LF engines don't. Any guidance on testing?

Just report issues. I'd rather not see  overheat indicators, but here and there is ok, it just shouldn't be the norm. Things exploding when they shouldn't be is what I'm really looking for. That and the "what didn't I think of" unintended consequence. I also updated exhaust damage for all engines, I think I neglected to mention that in the commit.

You have to turn on thermal debug in context menus to see what's happening with temperatures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it seems mostly to affect parts from this mod, I figured I would come here first to ask. 

Lately, I have been getting errors in the game where in my saved crafts i am told parts are NOT available, even though they very clearly ARE there. The game version or this mod have NOT been updated recently. Has anyone else run into this problem, and how do i fix it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Since it seems mostly to affect parts from this mod, I figured I would come here first to ask. 

Lately, I have been getting errors in the game where in my saved crafts i am told parts are NOT available, even though they very clearly ARE there. The game version or this mod have NOT been updated recently. Has anyone else run into this problem, and how do i fix it?

can you still open the craft after you get the error?

are you using the dev version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Since it seems mostly to affect parts from this mod, I figured I would come here first to ask. 

Lately, I have been getting errors in the game where in my saved crafts i am told parts are NOT available, even though they very clearly ARE there. The game version or this mod have NOT been updated recently. Has anyone else run into this problem, and how do i fix it?

You're going to have to give more information

Which version of BDB?

Which version of KSP?

Which parts are affected? A screenshot or two of some of the craft loading errors would help too.

A logfile is essential

Finally you said that you havent updated KSP or BDB recently and that its *mostly* BDB parts that are affected (so other mod parts are also affected?). This suggests the root cause is not BDB but you need to help us to help you by providing a lot more information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OAO-3 Copernicus parts are now up on github. Also added Tarsier space tech and Research bodies compatibility. If anyone uses those mods let me know if there are issues. I only did a cursory test for TST.

Since OAO-3 only has one instrument, I made the lower block a customisable service module. The top and bottom covers are optional and the front and rear panel are deployable doors. Hopefully people will find it a useful legoable part.

screen_2560x1920_2020-06-09_19-29-02.png

screenshot1095.png

screenshot1096.png

screenshot1098.png

screenshot1099.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get the textures to look good, like zorg's screenshots

On 5/19/2020 at 4:38 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Two new science parts and the Radar Evaluation Pod


<<Cut by Modorators>>


bNbX2dG.png





 

how do you get your texture's to look good, mine just look fuzzy and kinda gross

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just download lastest Dev version...120x series SRB related parts are somehow completely mess up. Node on SRB are on the wrong place and orientation. And decoupler in my craft file turned 90 degree

fKR4z_zSoDyzyLZk4sHqBViw6adOKXg4KaOunlmI

Edited by derega16
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, derega16 said:

I just download lastest Dev version...120x series SRB related parts are somehow completely mess up. Node on SRB are on the wrong place and orientation. And decoupler in my craft file turned 90 degree

Atlas and Titan parts were incorrectly oriented in editor and had been rotated 90 degrees. You'll need to redo all old crafts that use these.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, biohazard15 said:

Big Gemini: visible seam between pods (see screenshot).

ul6LddY.png

 

Blue Gemini:

- Maybe add a "Place retro motors in 6x symmetry, on a node adjacent to black box" to the part description? Using other nodes result in bugged placement.

- "two supplemental abort solids" on adapter module don't work. They drain fuel, the sound is here, but no thrust and visual effects.

 

Why are your part textures so nice looking, mine look kinda fuzzy and old. Is this a dev version or a texture pack. Please link me to the dev version or whatever makes the textures nice looking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Why are your part textures so nice looking, mine look kinda fuzzy and old. Is this a dev version or a texture pack. Please link me to the dev version or whatever makes the textures nice looking. 

Look in the OP , and click the big red button that says "development" .

Edited by sslaptnhablhat
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Why are your part textures so nice looking, mine look kinda fuzzy and old. Is this a dev version or a texture pack. Please link me to the dev version or whatever makes the textures nice looking. 

It should be pointed out that things change frequently on the development version. We wouldn't recommend using that in a save you care about unless you are willing to take the risk that there might be bugs or even craft breaking changes from time to time.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/v1.7.0-Development

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zorg said:

It should be pointed out that things change frequently on the development version. We wouldn't recommend using that in a save you care about unless you are willing to take the risk that there might be bugs or even craft breaking changes from time to time.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/v1.7.0-Development

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I love the direction this mod is going but, can I ask why there is russian all over everything, does one of the devs speak russian?

That is like asking why Tantares has English words all over the obviously Russian inspired/simulated parts.      It is an inside joke between Beale and Cobaltwolf

 

I think :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanna say, I think the old Hermes IVA doesn't really match up as well, and I think Mk1 IVA would be most suitable at this point. I've done an internal conversion and it works the best. No periscope, but I'll take it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Just wanna say, I think the old Hermes IVA doesn't really match up as well, and I think Mk1 IVA would be most suitable at this point. I've done an internal conversion and it works the best. No periscope, but I'll take it.

Yeah, probably a little more quality too if I remember.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...