[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, timpatk said:

Tried to look a couple of pages back but couldn't find anything. Is this version compatible with 1.9.1? Tried and had missing parts and weird textures. Did i do something wrong?

I am not a mod admin but.

I am running it in 1.9.1 and it works for me I may not have the golden back on the Gemini but that might be because its not released yet or I got an older version of the mod but it works for me and the textures are fine, it might be conflicting with a mod or you improperly installed it.

1 hour ago, timpatk said:

Tried to look a couple of pages back but couldn't find anything. Is this version compatible with 1.9.1? Tried and had missing parts and weird textures. Did i do something wrong?

I'm no mod admin either, but I'm pretty sure that the latest official release only compatible with 1.8.x, and so incompatible with 1.9.x. the GitHub Dev branch is though, but it can be buggy and some of the stuff there is very* in development.

*not all of it though.

Edited by Mountain Parrot

2 hours ago, timpatk said:

20 minutes ago, Mountain Parrot said:

I'm no mod admin either, but I'm pretty sure that the latest official release only compatible with 1.8.x, and so incompatible with 1.9.x. the GitHub Dev branch is though, but it can be buggy and some of the stuff there is very* in development.

*not all of it though.

As far as we know the current official release should be fine in 1.9. Can't guarantee that but in general part mods that worked in ksp 1.8 tend to be fine in ksp 1.9

Missing parts are probably due to very old parts in the previous  BDB1.5 release that got deleted a few weeks after the BDB1.6 release.

If the weird textures are on Titan (prometheus) parts, those are old parts that had their textures deliberately crushed because they have been replaced by brand new Titan parts in the BDB1.6 release (they will be deleted entirely in the next update)

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

As far as we know the current official release should be fine in 1.9. Can't guarantee that but in general part mods that worked in ksp 1.8 tend to be fine in ksp 1.9

Missing parts are probably due to very old parts in the previous  BDB1.5 release that got deleted a few weeks after the BDB1.6 release.

If the weird textures are on Titan (prometheus) parts, those are old parts that had their textures deliberately crushed because they have been replaced by brand new Titan parts in the BDB1.6 release (they will be deleted entirely in the next update)

Thanks!

Can someone verify on the dev branch that none of the interstages work with the Agena/Belle upper stage?  I have tried building the Agena A, B, and D and once I put the rocket engine in, none of the interstages will attach.

19 hours ago, Zorg said:

BDB parts are balanced against stock *parts*. If they seem overpowered, its because the stock part balance is an overpowered balance (deliberately so the game is easier). 

If this sounds strange to you think about how small a rocket is needed to get to the moon in stock parts vs what is required in real life.

It has long been the case that if you want your rockets to have more realistic performance you need to play at 2.5/2.7 scale. This is true for bdb, and *its true for stock parts as well*.

For instance both the BDB Titan II and the making history Titan II can send the Gemini/Mk II all the way to the Mun at stock scale. But in 2.5x scale they have just enough Dv to get into low orbit, just like the real thing.

Put simply no patch is required for BDB parts at stock scale. Their performance is similar to stock parts (broadly speaking)

ah, i just came here for the big boosters anyway

its just that im someone who like making replicas

5 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Can someone verify on the dev branch that none of the interstages work with the Agena/Belle upper stage?  I have tried building the Agena A, B, and D and once I put the rocket engine in, none of the interstages will attach.

I've had no problems using either the straight or flared interstages when building Thor or Atlas crafts. Note that both interstages connect to the engine mount rather than to the bottom of the A or B/D tanks so you need to remember to include that.

Edited by mlednor
Uck, spelling.

2 hours ago, mlednor said:

I've had no problems using either the straight or flared interstages when building Thor or Atlas crafts. Note that both interstages connect to the engine mount rather than to the bottom of the A or B/D tanks so you need to remember to include that.

That was the problem.  I was using the equipment rack but not the engine mount too.  I thought it was an either/or.  Funny thing is, I built the KH-1 like a month ago and included the engine mount and equipment rack, so I should have noticed that was what was missing.... Must've been more tired than I thought last night.

10 hours ago, Not a Spy said:

ah, i just came here for the big boosters anyway

its just that im someone who like making replicas

What Zorg was getting at is if you want to make replicas in stock balance, you need a rescaled system. The alternative would be to have all the BDB parts be extremely underpowered, compared to both parts from other mods and stock parts.

I know I have so many bugs and such to take care of with Gemini still but...

NiQQl8C.png
j4yhfRy.png

Just now, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Would you be so kind ... can you explain what's living between the command module in the bottom right, and the adapter that connects to the lab? There's a couple bits in between there that I'm curious about please and thank you!

That's one of the Apollo Orbital Modules currently included in BDB.  It's where extra snacks go.

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

What Zorg was getting at is if you want to make replicas in stock balance, you need a rescaled system. The alternative would be to have all the BDB parts be extremely underpowered, compared to both parts from other mods and stock parts.

NiQQl8C.png
j4yhfRy.png

Oh my God that's so sexy!!!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

NiQQl8C.png
j4yhfRy.png

yes, i know that is what they meant