[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

as has been stated, 1.10 is broken right now.  You might be able to trim parts to get it to load, but we recommend going back to 1.9.1 till 1.10.1.. has been tested.

Ah I didn't see that. Thanks!

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Is it KSP's "fault" that I can deploy the Gemini drogue despite still having the nose cover on, or could you somehow penalize me for such stupidity? I have no idea if chutes are capable of caring about things like that.

cheezburger-image-1679429888

Spoiler

Since the nose cover is not actually attached to the top of the drogue chute, preventing that would get complicated.

2 hours ago, Jso said:

Hide contents

Since the nose cover is not actually attached to the top of the drogue chute, preventing that would get complicated.

I figured as much - thanks. Screenshot penance follows.

Spoiler

Lunar Orbiter turns its camera back towards Earth as it speeds towards the moon ... (ish)

VWP4Wyu.png

Привет, где я могу найти ссылку для загрузки новых частей?

[Added translation]
Hi, where can I find the download link for the new parts?

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

2 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Добро пожаловать на форум @prinjriusЯ добавил перевод к вашему сообщению, потому что у нас есть требование, чтобы во всех сообщениях за пределами международных секций был включен перевод на английский язык.

I thought I translated it into English, apparently something went wrong, thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, prinjrius said:

Hi, where can I find the download link for the new parts?

You need to go to the github repository (there is a link in the first post on the thread) and download the "v1.7.0-Development" branch. Be warned that the parts are subject to change at any time and for any reason, so don't use it in a save you care about.

10 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Вам нужно зайти в репозиторий github (в первом сообщении есть ссылка на ветку) и загрузить ветку "v1.7.0-Development". Имейте в виду, что детали могут быть изменены в любое время и по любой причине, поэтому не используйте их для сохранения, о котором вы заботитесь.

Thank you so much! I'm going to test!

So uhh ... I know it's been there for a while, but how do I use the Centaur tank's insulation feature? I'm usually a big baby and turn off boiloff since I don't understand how to manage it, but maybe someone can give me a hand in doing this right? Specifically, I'm unsure of when I would discard it and why. My uneducated guess would be to leave it on until just before the tank is used?

So uhh ... I know it's been there for a while, but how do I use the Centaur tank's insulation feature? I'm usually a big baby and turn off boiloff since I don't understand how to manage it, but maybe someone can give me a hand in doing this right? Specifically, I'm unsure of when I would discard it and why. My uneducated guess would be to leave it on until just before the tank is used?

The Intention is that you jetteson it as soon as your Rocket is in space the final front... dang it no more startrek quotes!      So yeah once you reach Space the.... grrr :D 

Treat the insulation like a fairing and dump it in the upper atmosphere/edge of space. It's pretty heavy so you don't want to keep it any longer than you have to. The way boiloff works is, heat from the outside is absorbed by the part's skin, the heat from the skin is absorbed by the part's internals, and the internal heat is transferred to the fuel causing it to boil. The jettisonable insulation slows down the skin to internal transfer, so it would seem to make sense to get rid of it as soon as possible when it's still hot from climbing through the thick part of the atmosphere. That way you jettison the heat rather than absorb it to the tank.

All of the other Centaurs have two layers of insulation, internal and external, and no weight penalty, so they are better equipped for long coasts.

OK one more question for today ... limited engine restarts. In the KSP world, is this currently done only via something like RealFuels, or is there another way? I was kinda hoping there's some mod/patch way to get limited restarts without having to upend the entire fuel system. I guess a patch wouldn't be possible because you need some modified throttle handling probably? Anyway ... any ideas? 

9 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

OK one more question for today ... limited engine restarts. In the KSP world, is this currently done only via something like RealFuels, or is there another way? I was kinda hoping there's some mod/patch way to get limited restarts without having to upend the entire fuel system. I guess a patch wouldn't be possible because you need some modified throttle handling probably? Anyway ... any ideas? 

Try this ...

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Kerbalism has limited engine starts too with the ability to modify the engines for more quality/more engine restarts.

13 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

13 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Try this ...

Indeed we actively maintain compatibility patches for Engine Igniter. Do note that throttle limits are unchanged, so everything will deep throttle just like before. If you hit 0 throttle though you've used up the ignition.

1 minute ago, bjornadri said:

yeah i know, but i can't find the parts. either something went wrong on my install, or the mod doesn't contain any burke parts.

Its not officially released yet.  You can get it from the v1.7 dev branch on github but usual caveats apply - it's development, so subject to game breaking changes.  Don't use in a save you care about.

3 hours ago, Friznit said:

Its not officially released yet.  You can get it from the v1.7 dev branch on github but usual caveats apply - it's development, so subject to game breaking changes.  Don't use in a save you care about.

i see, thanks for the information!