Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.10.1] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.7.1 "Огромный" 18/Oct/2020)


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

On the topic of fairings, any chance for the new Delta IV Heavy SAF fairing?

The composite fairing is planned. It will be included in the upcoming 1.7 content update.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/962

 

21 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Isn't that already there? Sry If I'm wrong

The current D4 fairing base uses the Titan IV fairing which is used IRL for the larger NROL payloads. Visually there are some differences but its close enough.

Screenshot_2020-10-22_20.57.48.png?width=943&height=828

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Are you using Morphisor's contract pack? I've been doing missions in roughly historical order using what's available as I unlock each tier in science mode.

Yep.  I just look at the launch date and then roughly set the time in KSP to that date.  I'm not using RSS or any other mods to make it "Earth time", just starting with the first launch as Year 0 Day 0 and then advancing time appropriately from there to the next launch.  Sometimes it's a couple days, sometimes it's months.  Occasionally, it's just a few hours so I can go from Canaveral/KSC to Vandenberg/Desert Launch Site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is working fine for me. Here's what I had to do. In the VAB, make sure you disable the decoupler on the nosecone. You're only using the real decoupler to separate. Then on the launchpad, right click on the Etoh guidance unit and select Control From Here. Next, right click on the nosecone and click Rotate Clockwise - this is how you initiate rotation, or via an action group, but not via staging. Hope that helps.

Nope none of that works. I did find that I did not have Advanced Tweakables enabled (I didn't even know that existed). I enabled that and found how to disable the decoupler on the nosecone. I followed your procedure to the letter and it still automatically stages on its own as soon as I initiate rotation.

I appreciate your help. This is really a small frustration in an otherwise amazing update. I will continue to tinker with it. Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

By right clicking the Etoh nosecone and clicking Rotate Clockwise.

that's nuts, why would that trigger the decoupler? idk! do you want to try my craft file and see if it does the same thing? I uploaded it here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pO2180I5oVSPrtRtJ0-LDIYi0_ZtKWFh/view?usp=sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, while I have been trying to straighten out my Juno1/Explorer issue, I was running an Apollo Applications Project Skylab/Wet Workshop mission. I flew two expeditions to the station, the first one delivered the ATM. After landing the 2nd expedition I decided to deorbit the station using the Teleoperator Retrieval System, lofted by a Saturn IB. It was a smooth mission, with the S-IVB delivering the TRS within 30 meters of the station. The TRS flew nicely and quickly docked to the axial port. 

y4mRyQdxo6QiETZekM0HB5AegZDCaIRLDn5fapiT

y4mG9fzrJJ1aIwPyC7tCgEjiEFi2o0v8mb303Qw7

After docking I immediately initiated the deorbit burn. The TRS doesn't have much thrust so it took a while to bring the station down from a 175 km orbit.

y4mgCRKuvcWHwaIxga0Z9q7N_j-rKUs9iLBGAZyf

The station is obviously from BDB. It is a great piece of work and it was fun to fly this unrealized NASA project. My only comment is that it didn't have any IVA's, just black spaces. Not a big deal. The TRS is from Raidernick's Skylab package. I had to modify the docking mechanism because his was not compatible with the Kane BDB drogue that was already on the station. I didn't use the probe that came with his pack, and substituted the BDB docking collar extension and the BDB Kane docking probe. After some adjustment it worked perfectly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently attempting to update my modpack to 1.10.1 and I am encountering this string of errors on startup. I am unsure where to find the related information in the extensive log file but I'm hoping other people may recognize this and know of a solution.

AwlsIGg.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

I am currently attempting to update my modpack to 1.10.1 and I am encountering this string of errors on startup. I am unsure where to find the related information in the extensive log file but I'm hoping other people may recognize this and know of a solution.

AwlsIGg.png

Do you have kopernicus installed by any chance? And if so which version exactly?

Edited by Zorg
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Currently no, though I will later. Is it needed?

Can you upload your KSP.log and modulemanager.configcache? Please also let me know the exact version of B9 partswitch you have installed.

And no Kopernicus is not needed but I thought this problem was caused by Kopernicus. Need to see the logs to see whats going on.

Edited by Zorg
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zorg

B9 Part Switch is version 2.17.0.

KSP.log from my most recent launch attempt (which encountered this issue just as before) is about 20 times too big to fit in one pastebin paste, so I instead created a clean savegame with just BDB and everything that appears with it in the current 1.10.1 ZIP download (that is, B9PartSwitch, Bluedog_DB, CommunityResourcePack, DMagicScienceAnimate, SimpleAdjustableFairings, and ModuleManager.4.1.4).

With this install I did not encounter the error. This leads me to believe that the issue is neither with BDB nor with B9 Part Switch.

I had a suspicion that it may have been my 1.9.1 version of September Progression Overhaul that I have yet to update properly to 1.10.1 (this update being the purpose of creating this new save), though that would be odd because currently it only affects the tech tree and doesn't patch parts yet besides moving their tech tree positions - but this isn't the case either.

After SPO I added Kerbalism (and KerbalismConfig, of course), and now I get the error. I deleted SPO to make sure it's not a strange interaction between BDB, Kerbalism, and my mod, but the error remains without SPO.

The log from this install is now much smaller and fits in several fewer pastes than it otherwise would: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The modulemanager.configcache file is also enormous; what exactly is it that you'd be looking for in there? I could see if I can help narrow things down, rather than just having to split up the file into another 15-20 pastes to link here.

Edited by septemberWaves
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

@Zorg

B9 Part Switch is version 2.17.0.

KSP.log from my most recent launch attempt (which encountered this issue just as before) is about 20 times too big to fit in one pastebin paste, so I instead created a clean savegame with just BDB and everything that appears with it in the current 1.10.1 ZIP download (that is, B9PartSwitch, Bluedog_DB, CommunityResourcePack, DMagicScienceAnimate, SimpleAdjustableFairings, and ModuleManager.4.1.4).

With this install I did not encounter the error. This leads me to believe that the issue is neither with BDB nor with B9 Part Switch.

I had a suspicion that it may have been my 1.9.1 version of September Progression Overhaul that I have yet to update properly to 1.10.1 (this update being the purpose of creating this new save), though that would be odd because currently it only affects the tech tree and doesn't patch parts yet besides moving their tech tree positions - but this isn't the case either.

After SPO I added Kerbalism (and KerbalismConfig, of course), and now I get the error. I deleted SPO to make sure it's not a strange interaction between BDB, Kerbalism, and my mod, but the error remains without SPO.

The log from this install is now much smaller and fits in several fewer pastes than it otherwise would: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The modulemanager.configcache file is also enormous; what exactly is it that you'd be looking for in there? I could see if I can help narrow things down, rather than just having to split up the file into another 15-20 pastes to link here.

Thanks, will go through this when I can, but I am beginning to suspect whats going on.

Inside the config cache is the final CFG configuration of everything thats been patched by MM. If you can find the nodes for a couple of the affected parts that would be great. 

It would look something like :

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = Bluedog_DB/Parts/ProbeExpansion/OAO/bluedog_OAO_solarUpper.cfg
	PART
	{
		name = bluedog_OAO_solarUpper
		module = Part
.
.
.
.lots of stuff here
.
.
.
}

Keep in mind when searching replace the dots in the B9 errors with underscores.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

KSP.log from my most recent launch attempt (which encountered this issue just as before) is about 20 times too big to fit in one pastebin paste,

the peanut gallery chimes in ... google drive is free with a free gmail account and provides a very convenient place to put files for other people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't searched through the Module Manager config file just yet, but I noticed that Kerbalism hasn't been adding any of its resources to anything, including its own parts; from this, I thought it best to check the version of Community Resource Pack that's packaged with BDB, and it's still 1.3.0 for KSP 1.8. I updated Community Resource Pack and still get the errors, but it seems that this is a Kerbalism issue and not a BDB one. The Kerbalism version is 3.11.0, and although it adds parts, it adds no actual functionality for some reason.

EDIT: I fixed Kerbalism itself (reinstalling via Github instead of Spacedock) but it still causes errors with BDB.

Edited by septemberWaves
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

I am currently attempting to update my modpack to 1.10.1 and I am encountering this string of errors on startup. I am unsure where to find the related information in the extensive log file but I'm hoping other people may recognize this and know of a solution.

AwlsIGg.png

I’m 99 % sure this is KerbalismConfig replacing the stock solar panels with its own mod.  Take a look at KerbalismConfig/System/Misc.cfg.  I don’t know what the fix is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pehvbot said:

I’m 99 % sure this is KerbalismConfig replacing the stock solar panels with its own mod.  Take a look at KerbalismConfig/System/Misc.cfg.  I don’t know what the fix is. 

Nope, it's not. Experienced it without Kerbalism, fixed (I think) by moving to a newer version of RTB's bleeding edge branch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Nope, it's not. Experienced it without Kerbalism, fixed (I think) by moving to a newer version of RTB's bleeding edge branch.

Both Kopernicus (a specific older version) and Kerbalism cause this error. We should have a workaround for Kerbalism soon, but it may in the end need to be addressed on their end to retain full functionality of the part.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...