[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

41 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Honestly if Timberwind gets *checks notes* 890 seconds of Isp at 1 atm, it would be an excellent surface-to-orbit engine for late-career surface to orbit deliveries.

49 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

This partucular design can launch the Juno stuff at about 100 km suborbital, and Sergeant stack is then able to put it into 100km x about 1200km orbit. So yeah, it's not just ugly, it's actually (and somewhat surprisingly) functional :) You can add one (or more) 3.75m pancake tanks for better result.

Ah I really DO NOT like the new forums editor....  Not as friendly for mulit-quotes as the old one!

Anyway I am calling the NEST teams on both of you Clamp-o-Tron and Biohazard15... trying to irradiate those poor Kerbals on the surface with Nuclear rockets!  How dare thee! :D

Edited by Pappystein

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Ah I really DO NOT like the new forums editor....  Not as friendly for mulit-quotes as the old one!

Anyway I am calling the NEST teams on both of you Clamp-o-Tron and Biohazard15... trying to irradiate those poor Kerbals on the surface with Nuclear rockets!  How dare thee! :D

It's only on Duna... :(

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I agree on that. In fact, I would like to know the exact coordinates of devs who made this atrocity - in order to call an RVSN strike on them. I'm sure RVSN will undestand and accept and gladly launch a Topol-M at them once they experience these forums.

Edited by biohazard15

23 hours ago, Delta dart said:

Anybody here heard of Mercury-Scout? Nobody who I've talked to that knows about spaceflight has heard of Mercury-Scout. It would make a cool addition to this mod but speaking practically I really don't see a purpose for it because since it was used to test ground stations and you don't need to test them in KSP it would probably be as useless as it was in reality.

It's just a Scout right? That's already in the mod.

Yep.  Actually about to fly that mission for History of Spaceflight.  Since it ends after 43 seconds, I understand why more people *don't* know about it.  Between delays in readiness and the failed launch, it became a one-off oddity of the Mercury program since the Mercury Atlas and Mercury Redstone boilerplate launches were already occurring and using the real equipment to test the tracking systems.

The craft files provided in the release aren't read as compatible by 1.8.1 when loaded in the VAB since they're marked with higher version numbers. The quick fix is going in and editing the number myself, but the list is pretty huge and I'd rather not have to do that with every release if it can be helped. Could we get an alternate version of the craft files with 1.8.1 compatibility, or are there more things going on under the hood preventing that?

On 11/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, CobaltWolf said:

It's just a Scout right? That's already in the mod.

Not exactly but I can't describe it so I recommend reading the Wikipedia article on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-Scout_1 (It also was a Blue Scout [funny how Air Force space programs would begin with "Blue" Blue Scout, Blue Gemini, ETC])

19 hours ago, GJdude said:

The craft files provided in the release aren't read as compatible by 1.8.1 when loaded in the VAB since they're marked with higher version numbers. The quick fix is going in and editing the number myself, but the list is pretty huge and I'd rather not have to do that with every release if it can be helped. Could we get an alternate version of the craft files with 1.8.1 compatibility, or are there more things going on under the hood preventing that?

Zorg and I spent several hours updating and testing all the craft files for the release version of KSP.  As you say, the list is pretty huge and it's not within our capacity to maintain two sets of craft files, so we'll only support the latest version I'm afraid.  There could potentially be the odd issue with older versions of KSP as they've not been tested so YMMV (e.g. possibly things like B9 Partswitch variants or SAF)

Edited by Friznit

21 hours ago, GJdude said:

There is an even quicker fix. Use Notepad++ and open all the craft files at once. Do a find and replace for "version = 1.10.1" (or whatever versions happen to be there) and replace with "version = 1.8.1". There is a button for 'find and replace for all open documents'. Much easier to resolve  version incompatibilities.

20 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

Hey guys, quick question concerning the SLV-3D, how do i configure it for the OAO payloads? i'm genuinely confused what fairing to use.l thanks in advance.

OAO-1 launched on SLV-3B with the Agena and subsequent ones on SLV-3C Centaur D

For SLV3B build out the payload and Agena, place the SLV3B adapter section to adapt the agena to the Atlas, cancel out the stock fairing on the adapter, and then place the dedicated SLV3B fairing on top of it.

screenshot160.png?width=1534&height=863

screenshot161.png?width=1534&height=863

For SLV3 C Centaur place the 1.875m fairing base below the centaur avionics and choose the Atlas Centaur fairing

screenshot162.png?width=1372&height=772

screenshot163.png?width=1372&height=772

2 minutes ago, Zorg said:

OAO-1 launched on SLV-3B with the Agena and subsequent ones on SLV-3C Centaur D

For SLV3B build out the payload and Agena, place the SLV3B adapter section to adapt the agena to the Atlas, cancel out the stock fairing on the adapter, and then place the dedicated SLV3B fairing on top of it.

screenshot160.png?width=1534&height=863

screenshot161.png?width=1534&height=863

For SLV3 C Centaur place the 1.875m fairing base below the centaur avionics and choose the Atlas Centaur fairing

screenshot162.png?width=1372&height=772

screenshot163.png?width=1372&height=772

thanks for the quick response, been breaking my brain on this for quite a while.

6 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

thanks for the quick response, been breaking my brain on this for quite a while.

no problem, there are also craft files for most common builds in the download.

And a lot of stuff is detailed in the wiki maintained by Friznit as well although I dont think the correct fairings are mentioned for everything yet. Either Friznit or I need to do that at some point.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

Edited by Zorg

34 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

hate to do this but one more question. for the OAO 1, what goes on the bottom? 

Im not sure what you mean, the bottom of the probe? The adapter part? The SLV3B craft file in the download has a full AOA-1/2 build together with the rocket itself.