[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Abrecan said:

I'm sorry, but does anyone have a possible solution to the Skylab ALM exploding every time I deploy the fairing? Is it a collision issue?

Try to give more power to your fairings when you deploy it you can do it in the VAB, this should solve the problem :) 

Hey Guys,

I am struggling with the LEM adapter fairings. I can open the full ones, but the ones used for the Saturn V I just can't. nothing seems to be happening when I click on open doors. Also; Thanks for this great MOD!!

hmm maybe I have the release candidate installed instead of the final one. LEmme check first before looking stupid :)

Edited by WooDzor

21 hours ago, MalzM said:

Btw, is there any Window Shine compatibility already planned? I'm currently running on my own configs for it, but only for a few parts...

I've stopped and started working on them several times. Can you PM me with a list of what you have? Getting it put together for at least the crewed parts (not all the solar panels) should be doable. I have the Apollo more or less done, and the capsule walls are reflective as well!

11 hours ago, Abrecan said:

thanks! it worked!

your forum title is

Anyways.... the usual, very WIP, just showing what I have so far, textures are unfinished or even unstarted in some spots... first screencap is Maya, to show the vernier and sustainer for context, followed by two Unity pics.

x6GxhGw.pngZN8EZNq.pngARNnBYt.png

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah yeah it's on the way... let me finish the accurate one first...

yuss

edit: made one by clipping 2 booster skirts 90 degrees apart. splosions on separation but the sustainer was unharmed.

Edited by Kerbal01

I've returned to KSP after a bit of a break. When I saw your mod I had to recreate the Apollo11 like many others I'm sure.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm not entirely sure which engines and parts to use. For example, on the descent/ascent stages. Also, which engine is the J-2 equivalent for the 2nd and 3rd stages? Etc etc. Is there a guide showing which parts to use? I've just gone by descriptions but could easily be missing a part specifically created for purpose. If there's a tutorial of parts to use, that would be really handy.

Thanks for making such a cool mod. This is what sets KSP apart :)

34 minutes ago, SneakyBastd said:

I've returned to KSP after a bit of a break. When I saw your mod I had to recreate the Apollo11 like many others I'm sure.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm not entirely sure which engines and parts to use. For example, on the descent/ascent stages. Also, which engine is the J-2 equivalent for the 2nd and 3rd stages? Etc etc. Is there a guide showing which parts to use? I've just gone by descriptions but could easily be missing a part specifically created for purpose. If there's a tutorial of parts to use, that would be really handy.

BDB has some similar descriptions for the real Engines. Also everythin has an own name: Saturn = Sarnus, Apollo capsule = Kane, lander = Sina.
J-2 is the Sarnus-HE2J-550 "Dnoces" , H-1 is Sarnus-HC1-280 "Grivan"  and F-1 is Sarnus-LE1F-2214 "Regor".
Sina-MEM-APS Ascent Propulsion System is the ascent engine of the lander and Sina-MEM-DPS Descent Propulsion System the descent engine.

Also there is a optional patch included in the download to rename the parts to their real counterparts. Copy this .cfg to your GameData.

2 hours ago, SneakyBastd said:

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

BDB has some similar descriptions for the real Engines. Also everythin has an own name: Saturn = Sarnus, Apollo capsule = Kane, lander = Sina.
J-2 is the Sarnus-HE2J-550 "Dnoces" , H-1 is Sarnus-HC1-280 "Grivan"  and F-1 is Sarnus-LE1F-2214 "Regor".
Sina-MEM-APS Ascent Propulsion System is the ascent engine of the lander and Sina-MEM-DPS Descent Propulsion System the descent engine.

Also there is a optional patch included in the download to rename the parts to their real counterparts. Copy this .cfg to your GameData.

1 hour ago, SneakyBastd said:

Thanks for the detailed reply! That's perfect.

I think I'll rename them as you suggest :)

There is also a manual and craft files linked in the OP at the beginning of the thread. :)

@SneakyBastd I also recommend the real names .cfg that is in the BD_Extras folder in the download (if you're installing through CKAN you may need to download it manually and extract the file yourself - don't worry it won't break anything!) courtesy of @IronCretin.

@Cheesecake worth noting that there are two H-1 variants in the mod - the H-1C ("Grivan") that is used for the inner 4 engines on the Saturn 1/1B, and the H-1D ("Navi") that is used for the outboard 4 and is capable of gimballing. They provide more than enough control authority, and the H-1C's lighter weight gets you a very minor performance bump. :)

@CobaltWolf

I nearly forgot it, but the last time both engines are called H-1C ...
I just checked and found it, a simple typo in realnames.cfg:

@PART[bluedog_H1C]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB] {
	@title = H-1C Liquid Fuel Engine
	@description ^= /LVT-30/S-3D/
}
@PART[bluedog_H1D]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB] {
	@title = H-1C Liquid Fuel Engine
	@description ^= /LVT-45/S-3D/