[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Sorry for the quiet here everyone, things have been pretty busy IRL the last couple of weeks. I'm still trying to get BDB ready for a release before Christmas, right now I think it'll pretty much be whatever is on the GitHub already. I'll try and clear as many issues as possible from the GitHub before then, going to try and do another dev stream tonight starting by 7 Eastern. Please keep reporting issues here on the thread. :) 

On 12/13/2017 at 6:37 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Anyone else find that the Kane-11-5 advanced command pod has almost no air resistance? Just dropped one from the upper atmosphere on Kerbin and it never hit a terminal velocity - was going over 750m/s when it hit the ground. Aero forces overlay says SOME resistance is slowing it down, but not enough to actually decelerate it, apparently...

I would assume this pod would be (roughly) similar to the Mk1-2 pod in terms of terminal velocity.

Could it have something to do with the presence of a ModuleLiftingSurface in the Squad part, or...? Some kind of drag cube issue...?

Hrmm, I can't think of ever hearing any issues about that. Did you put the heat shield on? That might change it; iirc @Jso did some extensive testing to make the pods reenter properly but it might need the heat shield.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:05 PM, debaker02 said:

A while back you said you were looking for odd and ends to model for Apollo.  I just found this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(satellite)  The saturn 1 was used to launch micro meteorite experiments, it seems neat as it unfolds like a big sheet.  It would be a science experiment i think?

I've wanted to do Pegasus parts for a while, but it's always one of those 'would be nice to have, but not a priority' type things. That's also bigger than what I was asking for; the question was spawned after seeing all the cool little greeble parts @Beale kept making for the Tantares Soyuz. Unfortunately Apollo doesn't really have a lot of stuff like that.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:53 PM, mrtagnan said:

@CobaltWolf For some reason most of the Saturn engines aren't showing up in game? Any idea why this is happening?

On 12/17/2017 at 10:16 PM, wallum61 said:

Are any of the other engines appearing? What about the Saturn fuel tanks, etc? 

On 12/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, mrtagnan said:

I do have CRP installed already so it's not that.

I've checked, their files are in the right place but ingame the don't show up anywhere.

@mrtagnan I saw you popped into the stream Monday night but I think you missed my reply. Can you post your KSP.log so I can take a look and see why they're not loading?

On 12/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, Neil Kerman said:

Does anyone know how to get tweakscale to work with parts from this mod in the pod category?

Here's the log

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pGxcaPb5m-MuZGGiEKr3Py1CNEDWFi51

The tweakscale configs specifically don't include any entries for command pods - I doubt the Kerbals inside would very much appreciate their pod shrinking around them! :) In that sense it's all working as intended; if you want to have scaleable command pods you'd have to write your own config for them. It's pretty simple, you can look at the other BDB tweakscale files for reference.

16 hours ago, tater said:

You've probably seen this stuff, @CobaltWolf, but just in case:

http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Future_Expansion

Indeed I have, lots of exciting stuff... and unfortunately, a lot of dead NTRS links :( 

Edited by CobaltWolf

Merry christmas you filthy animals. Don't have a lot of time - barely had enough to upload all this! - but wanted to make sure you all had it for the holiday weekend... Cheers everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your holidays. As always, please post any bugs you find, and we'll try and get a hotfix out soon for all the inevitable issues.

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.4.0 "атлас"

Changelog:

-Atlas revamp
-Centaur revamp
-Vega revamp
-Saturn 1 revamp
-Pioneer 6
-Ion probe parts
-ETS Apollo revamp
-Spacelab
-Venus Flyby parts
-probably a lot more stuff

Download from Spacedock or Github. CKAN should be updating soon.

Thanks to @DiscoSlelge for making this video at my request, following inspiration by @Drakenex

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

i seem to mysteriously have BDB installed now, i haven't installed it for a while and it just... appeared. not complaining or anything, but its weird, the only two mods that could have anything to do with this is tantares soviet spacecraft pack and vostok continued

Our head designer had declined to comment, however the bureau would like to emphasize our strong strategic partnerships with Tantares Space Technologies and Alnair Design Bureau. 

On 12/23/2017 at 10:14 PM, RaiderMan said:

alnair? unless its another name for tantares?

On 12/23/2017 at 11:15 PM, TheShadow1138 said:

Tantares Space Technologies and Alnair Design Bureau are the fictional companies building the various parts in the Tantares Mod, just like the various companies in stock.

Indeed, and I mentioned Alnair because IIRC that's the company for the Vostok parts, which got moved to @IronCretin's Vostok Continued mod after Beale discontinued them.

23 hours ago, Cdodders said:

A quick q, how well does BDB work with RSS?

23 hours ago, Kablob said:

In my experience BDB works best in a 2.5x system. You're gonna need a third-party patch or something for RSS.

^If you're using full size RSS without some sort of rebalance you're probably going to have a bad time.

8 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

Hello, all, I have been having a crash upon loading of the AgenaD during KSP startup. Here is my output_log.

Output_log

Thank you for your time.

That's the wrong log file, I need the KSP.log file from your root KSP directory. However, my guess would be you're using the wrong version of BDB for your game version. The most recent release only works in KSP 1.3.1, for example.

9 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

Hello, all, I have been having a crash upon loading of the AgenaD during KSP startup. Here is my output_log.

Output_log

Thank you for your time.

Completely Delete your Bluedog_DB folder under Gamedata and re-install.   I had the same problem when I copied over the top of BDB 2 releases ago.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

That's the wrong log file, I need the KSP.log file from your root KSP directory. However, my guess would be you're using the wrong version of BDB for your game version. The most recent release only works in KSP 1.3.1, for example.

Oh... I followed the pinned post advising one to post the Output_log. My apologies.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Completely Delete your Bluedog_DB folder under Gamedata and re-install.   I had the same problem when I copied over the top of BDB 2 releases ago.

I downloaded and installed the most recent version from the GitHub page into a fresh install of KSP 1.3.1. I'll delete and reinstall Bluedog again and see what happens.