[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Welcome to the forums and great first post! MJ is great for a lot of things but for ascent I highly recommend GravityTurn Mod.

Just use the default settings to start but set the target altitude to the value you want an tweak as needed to get more efficient launches. :)

Edit: Just checked and it is confirmed working in 1.8

That worked a treat, managed to get an orbital-weight CSM to 250km orbit (JNSQ) at 50deg inclination with only a bit of SM fuel used. Many thanks!

14 hours ago, PeteKonrad said:

That worked a treat, managed to get an orbital-weight CSM to 250km orbit (JNSQ) at 50deg inclination with only a bit of SM fuel used. Many thanks!

Hurray! Welcome to the forums, I adore your screen name. :)

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

What do you mean my Saturn IB first stage looks weird? It's not weird, it's authentic... 

(Decided to do a true Saturn I first stage. Juno rocket as the core fuel tank with Redstone rockets strapped to the side of it.)

Yeah, unfortunately since the Saturn is at a slightly different scale it doesn't quiiiiite work... :(

nRyCIPT.png
YHGSZFn.png
r5RZ7lE.png
OriSEC2.png
jP0rRbA.png

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, unfortunately since the Saturn is at a slightly different scale it doesn't quiiiiite work... :(

Works well enough. Besides, Saturn revamp will fix that. And honestly, the redstones around the Juno are just like .1 meter too wide to line up with the s-ivb. The only real problem I have is getting the right length. I had to add the tank extensions to make it long enough to look right, but its longer than the actual modeled first stage, so I settled for longer than shorter.

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

What do you mean my Saturn IB first stage looks weird? It's not weird, it's authentic... 

(Decided to do a true Saturn I first stage. Juno rocket as the core fuel tank with Redstone rockets strapped to the side of it.)

So I am curious,  Are some tanks LF only and other LOx only?   Or does it just LOOK historically correct :D

All joking aside VERY NICE build GoldForest.  

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

So I am curious,  Are some tanks LF only and other LOx only?   Or does it just LOOK historically correct :D

All joking aside VERY NICE build GoldForest.  

All the tanks in the first stage are LF, I didn't need to change the fuel type. 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, subyng said:

Why is cryogenic boil off in the difficulty menu selected but greyed out for me?

The boiloff module and the menu option looks functional to me, even in KSP 1.8.0. I would check for any mod conflicts.

2 hours ago, M3Man03 said:

Why does it seem that the F1 engines are terribly louder than anything else in the game?

The F1 engines are configured to be deliberately quite loud, because well they are F1 engines :). Launching a Saturn V should feel quite eventful.

20 hours ago, M3Man03 said:

Why does it seem that the F1 engines are terribly louder than anything else in the game?

18 hours ago, Zorg said:

The boiloff module and the menu option looks functional to me, even in KSP 1.8.0. I would check for any mod conflicts.

I've found there's a glitch in KSP where something will be highlighted as if it has been selected, but it's not. This was in 1.7.3 as well, so I doubt its a 1.8 bug.

@subyng Click the option again and it should fix itself. If that doesn't work, try changing the option from the in-game menu. 

Edited by GoldForest

43 minutes ago, jbarry39 said:

Just downloaded for KSP 1.8.1 and the .CFT files off KerbalX...Finding "Missing Parts" msg for some Atlas and Gemini vehicles and cannot access

them in the VAB.

Is there a patch/fix?

Thanks!

It sounds like the craft files you downloaded are very old. The current release added lots of new parts but no Gemini or Atlas parts were removed. New official craft files are coming soon and there is a very detailed build guide on the wiki here too:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Click the option again and it should fix itself. If that doesn't work, try changing the option from the in-game menu. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "click the option".  What option?  And why would changing any option in the game menu change the sound for 1 part?  Its literally just the F1 engine from this pack that has its sound much louder than any other engine.

12 hours ago, M3Man03 said:

The engine works by scaring the ground away from it.  Hence why it needs to be so loud.  It would not work otherwise.

Is there anything that could cause all the mod antennas other than the Gemini ones to stop working mysteriously? There aren't any differences in the moduledatatransmitter section in the cfg files that I can notice that are wrong or could be causing problems.

Here's my modlist, every BDB antenna except the gemini (Leo) ones have no data transmit capablility. It's missing in the right click menu in the VAB, and craft equipped with them are unable to transmit data. Things were working fine earlier but I'm not sure what I might have installed to affect them

An antenna with two modules (like one combined with a science experiment or a solar panel) have the other module working fine but the data transmitter one not working.

Modlist:

"SCANsat"
              "surfacelights"
              "TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies"
              "KAS"
              "ToolbarController"
              "DMagicScienceAnimate"
              "EVAEnhancementsContinued"
              "BluedogDB"
              "AviationLights"
              "ClickThroughBlocker"
              "ContractConfigurator"
              "Toolbar"
              "KIS"
              "DeployableEngines"
              "CryoTanks-Core"
              "CryoTanks"
              "NearFutureProps"
              "DynamicBatteryStorage"
              "CommunityResourcePack"
              "B9PartSwitch"
              "KerbalAtomics"
              "CryoEngines"
              "StationPartsExpansionRedux"
              "CommunityTechTree"
              "NearFutureSpacecraft"
              "NearFutureSolar-Core"
              "NearFutureSolar"
              "NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs"
              "NearFuturePropulsion"
              "NearFutureLaunchVehicles"
              "NearFutureElectrical-Core"
              "NearFutureElectrical"
              "NearFutureConstruction"
              "Scatterer-config"
              "Scatterer"
              "CustomBarnKit"
              "Scatterer-sunflare"
              "DMagicOrbitalScience"
              "ModuleManager"
              "TexturesUnlimited"
              "TextureReplacer"
              "PoodsCalmNebulaSkybox"
              "DistantObject-default"
              "DistantObject"
              "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR"
              "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
              "ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation"
              "CommunityCategoryKit"
              "MechJeb2"
              "Konstruction"
              "MalemuteRover"
              "USI-ART"
              "USI-Core"
              "USI-EXP"
              "USI-FTT"
              "USI-LS"
              "USITools"
              "FirespitterCore"
              "ProbesPlus"
              "ResearchBodies"
              "REPOSoftTech-Agencies"
              "KerbalAlarmClock"
              "TriggerAu-Flags"

Edited by oniontrain

4 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

Is there anything that could cause all the mod antennas other than the Gemini ones to stop working mysteriously? There aren't any differences in the moduledatatransmitter section in the cfg files that I can notice that are wrong or could be causing problems.

Check in the files created by ModuleManager, the ModuleManager.ConfigCache has all the cfg's that are actually loaded in KSP. Check if the BDB antennae have the ModuleDataTransmitter or not.

Something is using FOR instead of NEEDS and triggers assorted patches for RT, which you don't have. You'd have to locate the offending patch and remove it. Various mods had this problem in the past, so I'm not sure which specific one could be doing that.

Deleting the BDB remotetech compatibility patch seems to have fixed the issue. I'm not sure what actually caused it in the first place and will need to dig through everything.

Which I will probably not get around to doing because KSP is working again, which prevents me from doing pretty much anything productive.