[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Is this the appropriate place to report node bugs?

I have noted a few parts that "float" because the top node is a bit above the top surface of particular parts.

Hummm... Never mind.  It seems to have something to do with the preconfigured launch vehicles included with MLP.  I just went through to take some screen shots, pulled the offending parts out of inventory and their nodes were OK.  Replaced them in the VAB, part for part, and all is well.

15 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

You should add a screenshot of said parts in editor, showing the bug. Also, please ensure you've tried the said parts (or their revamped analogues) not only in 1.6.1, but also in the latest 1.7.0 dev version.

13 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

@biohazard15, I struck my previous post and noted it was related to preconfigured MLP craft. I can build the same craft just fine. It’s not BDB related, at least not directly.

@LawnDartLeo (long time no see, I think!) I'm still curious what that parts were. I know that if changes/adjustments are made to nodes, they typically aren't applied to existing crafts - the offsets are saved within the craft file. So I'm just wondering if it's an obvious case of "oh yeah we had to fix those parts recently" or something like that I'm forgetting. :)

7 hours ago, Cade said:

is there any RO configs for this?

7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

No.

Yes :huh:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Bluedog_DB

Hi @CobaltWolf

Yes, it is me.  It has been a while.  A friend started playing and that drew me back in.  Not sure if I am going to take another shot at modelling or not,  I got pretty frustrated last time.  When you dont know the work flow it just isn't fun.  Maybe you should do a Masterclass and teach us all.  I swear a well made video that explains it all in great detail would be the best thing since KSP 0.90.

Anyhow, my go to mod has always been your stuff because it is both plausible and enjoyable.  I added MLP and noticed that some of the pre-mades have this little bug.  It is resolvable by simply pulling a fresh part out of inventory and replacing it in the stack. You can see the undesired splits in the first two images and an example of the node behavior in the 3rd image.  It is above the mounting surface thus resulting in the split.

Easy to resolve for a user.  I don't think a fix is necessary but maybe knowing about it it will help clean up some things in the future.

dXfffD7.png

LJbfcxS.png

lhYGXJx.png

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with "Real Fuel Stock". Due to a significant change in the DENSITY of liquid hydrogen, there is no longer enough Saturn V fuel of the 2nd and 3rd stages to put it into orbit and direct it to the moon. Scale - x2.5 Without "Real Fuel Stock," everything works well.
I literally manage to gain 2800 m / s using the second stage of the Saturn V. Without the "Real Fuel Stock" mod, the second stage even has a reserve of 3800 m / s, which is enough to put into orbit at a size of both x2.5 and x2.7 (almost the same thing)
I hope I wrote it clearly.

Edited by OOM

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sorry , force of habit :blush:

5 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

dXfffD7.png

lhYGXJx.png

Those parts specifically are the soon-to-be-depreciated Delta parts , so I think it' s a certainty the Delta craft files will be remade relatively soon .

Also welcome to the cursed page

Edited by golkaidakhaana

@LawnDartLeo

Some time ago, KSP changed the way attach nodes are cached or saved or something like that. The end result being that if a part's nodes have been changed and/or removed, the changes won't appear in existing copies of that part in craft files, or even if you are building something in the VAB and then load in the new part cfgs. You have to remove the existing parts and replace them with the updated ones, as you found out.

Some of the BDB craft files included in MLP are now rather old and haven't been updated yet with the new BDB versions, so I'd expect some node weirdness like you've seen.

Hello,

i would like to ask if there are some contract pacts planned that relate to the Eyes Turned Skywards story. Like Construction Contracts for Skylab and Spacelab or launching Probes as the "Lunar Reconnaissance Pioneer" (Yeah i know that Scansat itself brings Contracts that make you to build a vehicle with kind of that function). The story is so rich of Crewed und Uncrewed missions that could be made with the existing BDB Hardware that i think it would be a nice addon.

21 minutes ago, JoeSheridan said:

Hello,

i would like to ask if there are some contract pacts planned that relate to the Eyes Turned Skywards story. Like Construction Contracts for Skylab and Spacelab or launching Probes as the "Lunar Reconnaissance Pioneer" (Yeah i know that Scansat itself brings Contracts that make you to build a vehicle with kind of that function). The story is so rich of Crewed und Uncrewed missions that could be made with the existing BDB Hardware that i think it would be a nice addon.

check out History of spaceflight, it works with BDB

2 hours ago, northern said:

check out History of spaceflight, it works with BDB

While I fully recommend giving History of Spaceflight a go (and thanks for linking it), it is currently restricted to missions that were actually flown. What @JoeSheridan is looking for are hypothetical missions based on an alternate history timeline. BDB has a number of parts specifically based on proposals which can also found in the Eyes Turned Skywards series.

I suppose I could see a niche where a separate ETS contracts pack is created as an optional add-on to BDB, as I currently don't know anything like this. If there's sufficient interest I may consider picking the idea up myself, in fact. On the other hand, there's still sooo many actual missions I should be adding as well, and my modding energy is a bit low currently.

4 hours ago, Morphisor said:

While I fully recommend giving History of Spaceflight a go (and thanks for linking it), it is currently restricted to missions that were actually flown. What @JoeSheridan is looking for are hypothetical missions based on an alternate history timeline. BDB has a number of parts specifically based on proposals which can also found in the Eyes Turned Skywards series.

I suppose I could see a niche where a separate ETS contracts pack is created as an optional add-on to BDB, as I currently don't know anything like this. If there's sufficient interest I may consider picking the idea up myself, in fact. On the other hand, there's still sooo many actual missions I should be adding as well, and my modding energy is a bit low currently.

Oh I get it, part of me was thinking about writing a quick program that would 'auto create'  contracts to be added of parameters although thats about as far as i looked into it 

4 hours ago, Morphisor said:

Yeah i am in fact using the History of Spaceflight Contract Pack, but as you say: It is based only on flown missions.

If i would have the knowledge to make contracts and the time i would try it myself. Thank you for thinking about it :)

And you are right: There are so many actual flown missions... and there are coming more and more with the new parts.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, northern said:

Oh I get it, part of me was thinking about writing a quick program that would 'auto create'  contracts to be added of parameters although thats about as far as i looked into it 

I'm really not sure how that could work without still needing a ton of manual adjustments, but I've been wrong before :)

On 6/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, JoeSheridan said:

Yeah i am in fact using the History of Spaceflight Contract Pack, but as you say: It is based only on flown missions.

If i would have the knowledge to make contracts and the time i would try it myself. Thank you for thinking about it :)

And you are right: There are so many actual flown missions... and there are coming more and more with the new parts.

You know what, if you (or anyone) are willing to write out the mission description, basic craft setup and action sequence, I'm willing to turn all that into playable contracts.

2 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

just place them manually. its not hard.

It can be done, yes. However, it will render "Sequential Fire" useless, since the latter can be used only with parts that have been placed using symmetry. Which is NOT good, especially for Gemini-B.

13 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

@CobaltWolf hey can you make Starliner

@CobaltWolf Has stated they do not wish to go past the Saturn Era iirc. The only reason Delta II, Delta III and Atlas V are in game is because they were added before Cobalt figured out what they wanted their mod pack to be. They will maintain and update the parts, but as far as new rockets or space capsules, don't get your hopes up. 

If you want Starliner, you'll have to wait for a mod to add it, or make it yourself using different parts from different mods. I suggest downloading ReDIRECT mod so you have a 3.125 capsule, then jerry rigging the Starliner service module using other parts. Then you can use the Atlas V from BDB. 

Edit: Nevermind... didn't realize you were joking. Sorry. :(

Edited by GoldForest