[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Are those the reflections of Unlimited Textures or the reflections of Unity's viewport?

Its in unity. In game it will use the stock PBR shader that squad uses for foil, not textures unlimited.

3 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

I'm suddenly getting some odd shading on my rockets.  Anyone have an idea why? Sorry for the fuzzyness, don't know why it did it that way, but it still shows the shading oddity.

This appears to be a KSP 1.10 issue. Broken shadows all over. At least I assume you're on 1.10 based on what Im seeing.

Someone told me there is some build of scaterrer (idk if its experimental or now released) that fixes it. I've only been using 1.10 for very quick testing on a bare bones install so dont know much more. If scaterrer is too much of a hit for your I guess you need to go back to KSP 1.8/1.9 or hope for a fix from squad.

Noticed on Spacedock you have version 1.7.1 and on Githhub you have version 1.7.0 without re selecting.  The Remotetech cfg needs to be updated with the new antenna's the A27-C was my favorite compact little antenna thats how I found the cfg issue. 

Edited by garithmar

8 minutes ago, garithmar said:

Noticed on Spacedock you have version 1.7.1 and on Githhub you have version 1.7.0 without re selecting.  The Remotetech cfg needs to be updated with the new antenna's the A27-C was my favorite compact little antenna thats how I found the cfg issue. 

Thanks, have alerted cobalt to change the OP to point to the general releases page.

About remote tech as mentioned a few pages back none of the authors use it so we would depend on people who wish to use remote tech with BDB to submit a PR with updated configs. We don't really have the time to do compatibility support for mods we ourselves don't use but we are always very happy to accept pull requests. A lot of the stuff in the compatibility folder is community submitted.

16 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Laptop Specs:

Intel Core i5 -3320M CPU 2.60 Ghz

16 GB Of Ram

14 hours ago, computercat04 said:

I tried to run Scatterer with low graphics as always but the framerate dropped significantly.

Well, what kind of GPU is in the laptop? But yeah I wouldn't bother installing visual mods (scatterer, eve, etc) since those will directly hit you in the GPU. Your CPU is relatively weak as well, if part count is directly affecting your frames then that might be the bottleneck.

13 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

I'm suddenly getting some odd shading on my rockets.  Anyone have an idea why? Sorry for the fuzzyness, don't know why it did it that way, but it still shows the shading oddity.

Oh well that's a new one...

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I got these too since I've updated to 1.10.1. There were some weird shadows on BDB parts in 1.8.1 when 1.7 was in dev (Thor\Delta, I think?). Since KSP is known for its bad shadows, I eventually stopped caring about it.

Haven't tried Scatterer yet - I currently play on JNSQ (2.6667x) scaled OPM, and AFAIK Scatterer needs a custom config for rescales, which I don't have. I plan to try it with 2.5x KSRSS when the latter gets 1.10 update.

11 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I got these too since I've updated to 1.10.1. There were some weird shadows on BDB parts in 1.8.1 when 1.7 was in dev (Thor\Delta, I think?). Since KSP is known for its bad shadows, I eventually stopped caring about it.

Haven't tried Scatterer yet - I currently play on JNSQ (2.6667x) scaled OPM, and AFAIK Scatterer needs a custom config for rescales, which I don't have. I plan to try it with 2.5x KSRSS when the latter gets 1.10 update.

I can also confirm seeing this with JNSQ without BDB parts installed so it isn't BDB's fault. I assumed it was TUFX or JNSQ's visual mods causing the problem but it could be a stock bug.

11 hours ago, Zorg said:

Its in unity. In game it will use the stock PBR shader that squad uses for foil, not textures unlimited.

This appears to be a KSP 1.10 issue. Broken shadows all over. At least I assume you're on 1.10 based on what Im seeing.

Someone told me there is some build of scaterrer (idk if its experimental or now released) that fixes it. I've only been using 1.10 for very quick testing on a bare bones install so dont know much more. If scaterrer is too much of a hit for your I guess you need to go back to KSP 1.8/1.9 or hope for a fix from squad.

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I guess I just noticed it yesterday due to the sun angles I was launching at.  No problem if that's where the issue is.  I am using 1.10.1, so that would be correct.  I had been using Scatterer and pulled it for other reasons (general cleanup, lack of a 1.10.1 release at the time) so maybe that's also why I didn't notice it before.  No biggie though.  Just looking to see if it was a known issue/conflict and how to fix it instead of me having to go addon by addon and figure out what happened to cause it. :)

6 minutes ago, CDSlice said:

I can also confirm seeing this with JNSQ without BDB parts installed so it isn't BDB's fault. I assumed it was TUFX or JNSQ's visual mods causing the problem but it could be a stock bug.

I have a JNSQ install, and a resized OPM/AVP install both on 1.10.1, and I don't see any weird shadows. Here's anything that I can think of that might be pertinent:  Removed TUFX until it's updated, using two different versions of Eve (published, and RTB's temp WIP build) both are fine, same scatterer on both (0.0632).

3 hours ago, CDSlice said:

3 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

I guess I just noticed it yesterday due to the sun angles I was launching at.  No problem if that's where the issue is.  I am using 1.10.1, so that would be correct.  I had been using Scatterer and pulled it for other reasons (general cleanup, lack of a 1.10.1 release at the time) so maybe that's also why I didn't notice it before.  No biggie though.  Just looking to see if it was a known issue/conflict and how to fix it instead of me having to go addon by addon and figure out what happened to cause it. :)

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have a JNSQ install, and a resized OPM/AVP install both on 1.10.1, and I don't see any weird shadows. Here's anything that I can think of that might be pertinent:  Removed TUFX until it's updated, using two different versions of Eve (published, and RTB's temp WIP build) both are fine, same scatterer on both (0.0632).

One of my theories was\is that it's being caused by videocard driver. What videocard and driver version do you use? Mine's RTX 2070, with latest drivers.

Just now, biohazard15 said:

What videocard and driver version do you use?

oh snap, I've never had to admit this in public before... Hi, I'm Dave, and I have a GTX 980. Before the heckling begins, I get 40-50fps in flight scene! I tried to upgrade to a better card, but it turns out that the GTX 1650 is not a better card than the 980. Drivers are kept up to date.

20 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

oh snap, I've never had to admit this in public before... Hi, I'm Dave, and I have a GTX 980. Before the heckling begins, I get 40-50fps in flight scene! I tried to upgrade to a better card, but it turns out that the GTX 1650 is not a better card than the 980. Drivers are kept up to date.

I'm sorry Dave i'm afraid i cannot do that.

No really i wish i could help you but i'm terrible with computers.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I could see a X9xx card being better than even a much newer x6xx Nvidia card.  I ran dual 760GTXs for the longest time.   Finally bit the bullet last year and did a RTX2080Ti

Honestly I see LITTLE improvement from the 760s in SLI to the RTX2080 in KSP, Battletech or Pathfinder.  Where I do see the differences are Civ5/Civ6 and any of the Total War Franchise

I should mention that the resolution and detail were NOT the same between the two video cards so KSP performance is relative.   Also KSP seems to work well with SLI video cards.

Edited by Pappystein

screenshot52.png?width=1469&height=826

Mariner 10 early alpha is on the Github master branch now. Get it while its hot.

Lots of things are subject to change though, realnames, balance costs etc.

Features several science experiments, tracking relay dish antenna (always points to homeworld), deployable sunshield, custom decoupler, troggleable covers for engine and camera and a standalone version of the camera which essentially replaces the old BDB high tech generic camera.

screenshot48.png?width=1469&height=826

screenshot50.png?width=1469&height=826

screenshot53.png?width=1469&height=826

screenshot56.png?width=1469&height=826

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-28_01-34-16.png?width=1469&height=826

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-28_01-36-24.png

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-28_01-14-45.png?width=1469&height=826

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-28_01-16-44.png?width=1469&height=826

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-28_01-13-34.png?width=1469&height=826

Edited by Zorg

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

One of my theories was\is that it's being caused by videocard driver. What videocard and driver version do you use? Mine's RTX 2070, with latest drivers.

I have a GTX 1080Ti, so I'm not sure that's it.  I have the current drivers as well and they were updated prior to this problem.

Installing the current version of Scatterer did fix the issue though, so I think the default shadows are just screwed up again.

25 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Mariner 10 early alpha is on the Github master branch now.

I imagine a lot of work goes into filtering down details of real-world hardware into KSP-sized chunks that can eventually be put into a cfg and onto a texture sheet, so that someone without a degree in rocket science can actually mess with it in-game. That's probably a long road, but you guys have a knack for it, and that's one of the things that makes BDB great. So, thanks!

For anyone like me who wants to know KSP-level details about real-world missions, I use the NASA site linked below. (The link is for the Mariner 10 mission). It usually has high level details that are useful for KSP, like if there was an initial parking orbit or not, the sequence of deployment, when/if mid-course corrections where made, etc. 

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/spacecraft/display.action?id=1973-085A

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

For anyone like me who wants to know KSP-level details about real-world missions, I use the NASA site linked below. (The link is for the Mariner 10 mission). It usually has high level details that are useful for KSP, like if there was an initial parking orbit or not, the sequence of deployment, when/if mid-course corrections where made, etc. 

Those are some needy greedy details. :D

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I imagine a lot of work goes into filtering down details of real-world hardware into KSP-sized chunks that can eventually be put into a cfg and onto a texture sheet, so that someone without a degree in rocket science can actually mess with it in-game. That's probably a long road, but you guys have a knack for it, and that's one of the things that makes BDB great. So, thanks!

Wow, I think my Car Keyfob has 10 times the memory of Mariner 10...... :D    512 words, 2 Bytes make a word,  That is 1024 Bytes aka a single Kilobyte....   Conversely my first PC (a Tandy TRaSh-80 COCO 2) had 64 Kilobytes of Ram just 12 years later,   and 10 years after that I remember my Dad telling my mom, "This 32 MB Hard drive is all we will ever need."     Looks at framed Soundblaster AWE-64 sound card.... which has 32MB of ram on it!....   Looks at computer with 6.3 TB of SSDs....