[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

This is an awesome mod, I have not played for quite a long time, now I found this, and built the whole Apollo replica (for the bottom half I just used the available craft file, 'cause I am a lazy stand-up guy) and flew it to the Mun and back. A.W.E.S.O.M.E! There is only one small thing I noticed, that for some reason the FASA umbilical tower seems to be misbehaving a little: I can not get it to release; even though in the action groups this command is available, on the launch pad it does not work, nor the programmed action group, not right clicking (it does not give any of the supposedly available options after the right click). It is not a huge issue, but maybe you can have a look at one point. Thanks for the amazing work!

Just now, papics said:

This is an awesome mod, I have not played for quite a long time, now I found this, and built the whole Apollo replica (for the bottom half I just used the available craft file, 'cause I am a lazy stand-up guy) and flew it to the Mun and back. A.W.E.S.O.M.E! There is only one small thing I noticed, that for some reason the FASA umbilical tower seems to be misbehaving a little: I can not get it to release; even though in the action groups this command is available, on the launch pad it does not work, nor the programmed action group, not right clicking (it does not give any of the supposedly available options after the right click). It is not a huge issue, but maybe you can have a look at one point. Thanks for the amazing work!

FASA umbilical uncouples for me but fuel doesn't work. I don't think it's working right, FASA hasn't been updated in a bit I think.

And yes, it is scientific fact BDB is awesome.

3 minutes ago, papics said:

There is some strangeness coming with the umbilicals, myself and everyone else has experienced it. Considering that right now they are straight ports of the FASA parts (because who wants to learn how to do launch clamps...) we'll have to see if we can sort them out in the near future.

@pTrevTrevs very nice image. :) I asked Foxx to cool his heels a bit with the hype posting for Skylab - it isn't even really my main project at the moment; I just started roughing in the meshes because I was stuck at the lab without my Apollo work files. Y'all are gonna run out of good hype pics if you don't take 5.

4 minutes ago, papics said:

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

FASA umbilical uncouples for me but fuel doesn't work. I don't think it's working right, FASA hasn't been updated in a bit I think.

And yes, it is scientific fact BDB is awesome.

I have noticed that with large craft (Saturn-V size, for example) the physics-load jittering is *just* enough to disconnect it, but not enough to make it explode/fall off. No stock features remedy this, so just remove them and wait until Kerbal Joint Reinforcement updates to 1.2.

9 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

I know Wild Blue Tools can do all sorts of cool part switching, perhaps it could be configured to switch the Redstone tank between avionics and fuel?

Uhhhh I'll have to ask Angel. I don't really know what to do with it. I split them so that you could get the Juno C type tankage by just having the longer tank. The stripe one is kind of an ugly duckling or something.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

There is some strangeness coming with the umbilicals, myself and everyone else has experienced it. Considering that right now they are straight ports of the FASA parts (because who wants to learn how to do launch clamps...) we'll have to see if we can sort them out in the near future.

@pTrevTrevs very nice image. :) I asked Foxx to cool his heels a bit with the hype posting for Skylab - it isn't even really my main project at the moment; I just started roughing in the meshes because I was stuck at the lab without my Apollo work files. Y'all are gonna run out of good hype pics if you don't take 5.

I would also like to say the problem occurs with both the Umbilical and the Launch Tower, in my, erm, "experiments" (to be released at a later date)

I know a fairly recent commit cranked the break threshold wayyyyy up on the umbilical and tower. As for the fuel, uhhhhh, the generator works afaik, but it may be symptomatic of the breaking connection as well.

16 hours ago, minepagan said:

I have noticed that with large craft (Saturn-V size, for example) the physics-load jittering is *just* enough to disconnect it, but not enough to make it explode/fall off. No stock features remedy this, so just remove them and wait until Kerbal Joint Reinforcement updates to 1.2.

Interim Beta KJR for 1.2: https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/blob/master/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/KerbalJointReinforcement.dll

try it... :D

Edited by Araym

2 hours ago, akron said:

Let me know if I can help with some you can't find info on.

Same here! I've done a lot already for personal use.

@PART[*bluedog*]
{

@title ^= :Belle:Agena:
	@description ^= :Belle:Agena:
	@title ^= :"Hadar":Bell 8048:
	@title ^= :Muo:Atlas:
	@description ^= :Muo:Atlas:
	@title ^= :"Buzzard":XLR-89:
	@title ^= :"Vulture":XLR-1055:
	@title ^= :"Czar":RD-180:
	@title ^= :"Crow":LR-101:
	@title ^= :"Finch":LR-101S:
	@title ^= :Inon:Centaur:
	@title ^= :Inon-R-10A "Isor":Centaur RL-10A:
	@description ^= :Inon:Centaur:
	@title ^= :Daleth:Delta:
	@title ^= :Daleth-CGR-40 "Ruby":Delta GEM 40:
	@title ^= :Daleth-CGR-46 "Emerald":Delta GEM 46:
	@title ^= :Daleth-CGR-60 "Sapphire":Delta GEM 60:
	@description ^= :Daleth:Delta:
	@title ^= :Daleth-K-75 "Bahdal":Delta AJ10-118K:
	@title ^= :Daleth-SSR-27a "Darkah":Delta RS-27A:
	@title ^= :Rosuette:Diamant:
	@title ^= :Rosuette-64 "Snooky":Diamant Rubis:
	@title ^= :Rosuette-280 "Starlet":Diamant Rita:
	@title ^= :Rosuette-175 "Vixen":Diamant Vexin:
	@title ^= :HLR-ZAP:Ranger:
	@title ^= :"Rorat":Ranger:
	@title ^= :"Suomi":Explorer 7:
	@title ^= :Chryslus:Juno:
	@title ^= :HLR-EP:Pioneer 5:
	@title ^= :Hermes:Mercury:
	@title ^= :Prometheus:Titan:
	@title ^= :"Chiron":LR87:
	@title ^= :Fenris:Thor:
	@title ^= :Fenris-18 "Alphastar":AbleStar AJ-10-104D:
	@title ^= :Brun:Able:
	@title ^= :"Dioscuri":Castor:
	@title ^= :Discuri:Castor:
	@title ^= :Etoh:Redstone:
	@title ^= :Etoh-140 "Sandstone":Redstone A-6:
	@title ^= :Vicenza:Sergeant:
	@title ^= :"Alphastar":Ablestar:
	@title ^= :"Mafuni":Bell 8096:
	@title ^= :Sarnus:Saturn:
	@title ^= :Kane:Apollo:
}

55 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Out of curiosity, and this more goes for the thread regulars and not people just now coming across the mod, but do you actually need those names changed in order to understand what parts go where? :P

Some things took me a while to figure out. Most of them are pretty intuitive though.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Out of curiosity, and this more goes for the thread regulars and not people just now coming across the mod, but do you actually need those names changed in order to understand what parts go where? :P

As you may know I'm a huge space history fan, not Amy Shira level but I know many hardware by its real name, so that helps a lot when browsing around stuff.