[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, subyng said:

Sweet, so I should be able to switch to the dev version mid save without breaking anything?

God no it will probably break so much... But that's partially why I do such long dev cycles. I'm aiming for a release at the end of the month.

Nooooo :( I'm late enough in my current savegame that I don't want to restart another career but early enough that I only have a few active vessels. I'll make a backup and take my chances!

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

. I'm aiming for a release at the end of the month.

This + the upcoming release of Universal Storage, Christmas has come early this year :D

19 minutes ago, subyng said:

Nooooo :( I'm late enough in my current savegame that I don't want to restart another career but early enough that I only have a few active vessels. I'll make a backup and take my chances!

This + the upcoming release of Universal Storage, Christmas has come early this year :D

That's the spirit!

The magical union of two great American Launchers. The DCSS and Atlas V. 

DCSS fits nicely inside the 3.5 fairing. 

mTwMMNU.jpg
And just to prove the DCSS is under there

8HAnA8p.jpg

:0.0: That remaining DV... yikes. A mere 5 m/s Good thing I took the Atlas 55D... yes, that's what I'm calling it. 

wK8N57B.jpg

Would adding another fuel type be difficult? Because I thought of having methane as another fuel type mostly for near future engines.  I liked the idea of methane powered Saturn II. Like a modernized version of it by using E-4 engine :D and it's a reusable.

3 hours ago, MadMan! said:

Would adding another fuel type be difficult? Because I thought of having methane as another fuel type mostly for near future engines.  I liked the idea of methane powered Saturn II. Like a modernized version of it by using E-4 engine :D and it's a reusable.

Difficult?   No, if you know the mixture ratios.

Something that BDB itself would do.... Likely also no (I am not Cobaltwolf or JSO just repeating what the answer was to my request for Aerozine-50/NTO for Titan.)     If you go to:

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/552

Jso and I along with a few others discussed how to create patches to the BDB fuel switcher.

Please do not post a request for someone else to do this for you.   You can see exactly what my personal configuration has modified and HOW I did it in the posts there.   Using this functionality I added LF/HTP to the Commonwealth Rocket engines that needed it (Gamma family), I have also added Hypergolic to the proper CRE rockets as well.

Besides, Why wouldn't you use the cleanest burning fuel if you are going to go all "Environmental?"   Hydrolox FTW!  :)

That looks awesome! I know you haven’t in the past, but would you be willing to add some proper fairings for these early launchers as well as the normal fairing bases? KSP and procedural fairings just can’t do some of their weird shapes justice.

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Difficult?   No, if you know the mixture ratios.

Something that BDB itself would do.... Likely also no (I am not Cobaltwolf or JSO just repeating what the answer was to my request for Aerozine-50/NTO for Titan.)     If you go to:

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/552

Jso and I along with a few others discussed how to create patches to the BDB fuel switcher.

Please do not post a request for someone else to do this for you.   You can see exactly what my personal configuration has modified and HOW I did it in the posts there.   Using this functionality I added LF/HTP to the Commonwealth Rocket engines that needed it (Gamma family), I have also added Hypergolic to the proper CRE rockets as well.

Besides, Why wouldn't you use the cleanest burning fuel if you are going to go all "Environmental?"   Hydrolox FTW!  :)

Oh I didn't mean to request anyone, sorry if it sounded that way. Anyway after looking at the file from your link and some moments later I managed to add it! Thanks!

Here's a methane powered Saturn II using BE-4 engine(The "Buzzard" engine from near future launch vehicle)

screenshot0.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot7.png

screenshot9.png

I made a Titan IV boosted Titan LDC. 

1 LDC - 4 2nd stage engines, 4 1st stage engines
5 Titan IV boosters

0iybdaX.jpg

I'm sure you noticed that the fifth booster is actually on the bottom of the rocket. Why? Well, this will become apparent. Due to the stager separation rockets, the boosters end up making a quite unique shape. 

Ladies and Gentleman. You've heard of Korolev's Cross... well I give to you... the Freedom Star. 

AjaWbYI.jpg

4XacFZS.jpg

So... since I already have the BE-4 engine I thought I might as well do Vulcan

Vulcan Centaur 2 SRB  (GEM63) 12 tons LKO

outputonlinepngtools.jpgad8outputonlinepngtools.jpg

Vulcan Centaur 6 SRB  (GEM63) 19 tons LKO

5adoutputonlinepngtools.jpg944outputonlinepngtools.jpg

Vulcan Centaur Heavy 6 SRB  (GEM63XL)  26 tons LKO

16coutputonlinepngtools.jpg83coutputonlinepngtools.jpg

Edited by MadMan!

18 hours ago, MadMan! said:

Oh I didn't mean to request anyone, sorry if it sounded that way. Anyway after looking at the file from your link and some moments later I managed to add it! Thanks!

screenshot9.png

Glad to help!   I know recovery is important (as I work on a proper way to do a Saturn IC flyback!) but, if I can be so bold, I would suggest ditching the Inter-stage before landing.   It is surface attachable so a brace a parachutes and 2 small Titan Sep motors (the little Triangle shaped ones) should save it if you drop it from 1500m+ or whenever you start your Suicide Burn landing (assuming that is how you are doing the landing.)   The G-Force change combined with the slow deployment of the parachutes should have it landing less than a Klick away from your Rocket stage...  Also discarding the inter-stage does 2 things.  Prevents a collision possibility (the landing legs could collapse enough to cause a strike) and lightens the mass a bit to make landing a tiny TINY bit easier.   Just a thought and fly *YOUR* way!