[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

DEV STREAM TONIGHT - STARTING AROUND 6 PM EASTERN

Parts are coming along nicely...

am5Leo8.png
5gulYKw.png

Something kinda neat in this part set - the Redstone missiles had air vanes. Basically, a small control surface with two reaction thrusters on the base. Cool, huh?

JpJbayK.png1Df9JoQ.png

8bJ2zYI.png

s4bZZwj.png

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

am5Leo8.png
5gulYKw.png

Something kinda neat in this part set - the Redstone missiles had air vanes. Basically, a small control surface with two reaction thrusters on the base. Cool, huh?

JpJbayK.png1Df9JoQ.png

8bJ2zYI.png

s4bZZwj.png

Wow those are some really beautiful parts! I love the look of those air vanes especially :o. Excellent work, as always!

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

am5Leo8.png
5gulYKw.png

JpJbayK.png1Df9JoQ.png

8bJ2zYI.png

s4bZZwj.png

New Redstone looks amazing. Nice work out there. Is there a room in your new Sergeant stack for the spinning decoupler I saw previously in the development branch? It would be cool to have early US probes spin stabilized. 

1 hour ago, reviest said:

New Redstone looks amazing. Nice work out there. Is there a room in your new Sergeant stack for the spinning decoupler I saw previously in the development branch? It would be cool to have early US probes spin stabilized. 

As of right now I can't get that spinny decoupler to work, sadly. :( Luckily this Juno will have cold gas thrusters that can be used for setting up the spin.

Maybe you'll manage it later on. :) I love the new models. The Redstone was in dire need of a makeover. Are you also going to take a look at the Sparta? Ideally with WRESAT to go with it. :) 

Ok, so having just re-watched Galaxy Quest.....     Did I:

"You broke the thread!  You broke the bloody thread!"

*EDITED*  Then I realized I hadn't hit REFRESH! *EDITED*

:)

In all seriousness,  What kind of parts can we expect from Redstone?   I am not talking the standard ones (Juno-C, scale Sergeants etc)  Are there some unique and new things you are planning?    I DO love that you have built the engine / engine nacelle, as two separate parts.   I have some unique ideas for that Nacelle....   (Jet engine inside?   IDK, will find out when I start playing with those parts.)   

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

In all seriousness,  What kind of parts can we expect from Redstone?   I am not talking the standard ones (Juno-C, scale Sergeants etc)  Are there some unique and new things you are planning?    I DO love that you have built the engine / engine nacelle, as two separate parts.   I have some unique ideas for that Nacelle....   (Jet engine inside?   IDK, will find out when I start playing with those parts.)   

I suppose, if only to try and sort it out for my own thoughts:

• A-7 Engine (unshrouded, no gimbal)
  • A-7 Engine (shrouded, gimbals, has the thrust vanes)
  • Engine Shroud (standalone? Would probably need a bigger opening if you wanted to use it with other stuff...hmmph... maybe not..)
  • Fin (with control surface)
  • Fin (basic, no control surface)
  • Air Vane
  • Juno tank (also a shorter Redstone-length)
  • Some sawed-off tanks for legoing
  • Juno control section (includes cold gas thrusters
  • Juno nose/decoupler (includes a switch to make it into a 1.25m > 0.625m adapter)
  • Explorer 1 / Sergeant clusters
  • Mercury-Redstone control section
1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

Maybe you'll manage it later on. :) I love the new models. The Redstone was in dire need of a makeover. Are you also going to take a look at the Sparta? Ideally with WRESAT to go with it. :) 

Yes, I'd like to make Sparta / WRESAT but I haven't actually gotten to sit down and work on modeling it at all yet.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

am5Leo8.png
5gulYKw.png

JpJbayK.png1Df9JoQ.png

8bJ2zYI.png

s4bZZwj.png

Too good. Please take it down a notch, we can’t keep up... :(

5 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

The Redstone was in dire need of a makeover. Are you also going to take a look at the Sparta? Ideally with WRESAT to go with it. :) 

ExpOtwL.png

3 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

(I don't think Juno II is next in the pipeline but it is what I could find good pics of :P)

No, I think next is Pioneer Venus.

2 hours ago, Saturn5tony said:

(forgive me tho, I am new, where is the Dev Stream?)

I post the link every time I stream, but the Twitch account is Cobaltwolfy.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Awesome. :) Though it seems that the Antares II motor uses a slightly different shade of white than the rest of the rocket. Could you look into it? That said, it was gray on the real thing:
sparta-8_big.jpg

A pure white skin for the Redstone would be appreciated, if you've got some room left.

Edited by Guest