[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Saturn I AS-103

Launched on 16 February 1965, this was the eighth (and the third orbital) Saturn I launch. It carried Apollo CM boilerplate and one other thing.

63ysgjQ.png

iXrEIm8.png

It's slow.

Qs5e31m.png

Sloow.

znDGJgM.png

Slooow.

i11aBLK.png

Sloooow.

PlaB36M.png

Apollo LES tower is jettisoned along with S-I stage.

FLMqMsj.png

You think S-I was slow?

YwCLNBZ.png

Slooooooooow.

6nXRWuV.png

We're getting there.

rKgvNVH.png

Probably not in your lifetime, but we're getting there.

eU9RXHo.png

We're still... oh wait, that's final burn.

nFFAD7v.png

Apollo CM boilerplate is jettisoned, revealing that other thing...

yKkcMK2.png

...a Pegasus micrometeoroid detection satellite.

juoqeZA.png

Detctor panels are represented by solar panels. Apparently, Pegasus had many booms sticking out of it, but I've decided to go with minimalism on this one - there are two OGO gravimetric booms, and that's it.

AmIDTt4.png

Uses stock hydraulics for its unfolding mechanism.

Question, does anyone use BDB alongside Kerbalism? I've started a new JNSQ game for 1.11 with these mods, and one annoying thing I've noticed is that most of BDB's built in science experiments will never fit in Kerbalism's hard-drives in the early game. The most data the mod lets you store in a given probe core is around 1.5 MB, but almost all of BDB's experiments weigh in at over 5 GB.

Sorry if this has been asked before. If the Kerbalism thread would be a more appropriate place to find out about this I'll move my questions there.

There is no actual compatibility built into kerbalism for bdb.  There's been discussion of it but a lot of the experiments bdb provides are duplicates of existing ones from dmagic which is what most of kerbalisms science is based on.  So if you want compatibility you'll be looking at creating your own patches.  As far as the hard drive issue ditto with mm patches.

2 hours ago, Xt007 said:

There is no actual compatibility built into kerbalism for bdb.  There's been discussion of it but a lot of the experiments bdb provides are duplicates of existing ones from dmagic which is what most of kerbalisms science is based on.  So if you want compatibility you'll be looking at creating your own patches.  As far as the hard drive issue ditto with mm patches.

Was about to say this. BDB's experiments don't like Kerbalism. 

I found some problem, I load a craft on interplanetary transit  and the game frozen as when it finished loading. I think it cause by old Vega part as other craft that share other parts can be load  normally but this one which is the only one thet have an old Vega.

59 minutes ago, Patata_exe said:

81EGJEx-x_rc5cOwoeBaBPPflGnE1ZsC3Q6Sn2l6This happens when I open ksp, what am I doing wrong?

Hey @Patata_exe! Welcome to the forums!

To know what’s happening here, we need more resolution on the screenshot to see what’s going on. (At least I do, it’s quite blurry to me) It looks like a B9PartSwitch error, but I can’t tell which one. The most likely culprit would be misinstallment if you don’t use CKAN, or some previously unknown incompatibility.

41 minutes ago, Mudwig said:

@computercat04 I just made a quick and dirty Straw Man ( the top anyway ) and tried causing problems with colliders and whatnot by deploying and retracting parts and using the nudge tool and I couldn't replicate the problem. Do you have any other mods that affect fairings?

Reveal hidden contents

HghmZDU.png

I'm not really sure, maybe Simple Adjustable Fairings. Here's my modlist just in case.

Edit: I'm using KSP version 1.11.

Spoiler

osgAQwV.png

Edited by computercat04
I'm using KSP version 1.11.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, biohazard15 said:

Saturn I AS-103

Reveal hidden contents

Launched on 16 February 1965, this was the eighth (and the third orbital) Saturn I launch. It carried Apollo CM boilerplate and one other thing.

63ysgjQ.png

iXrEIm8.png

It's slow.

Qs5e31m.png

Sloow.

znDGJgM.png

Slooow.

i11aBLK.png

Sloooow.

PlaB36M.png

Apollo LES tower is jettisoned along with S-I stage.

FLMqMsj.png

You think S-I was slow?

YwCLNBZ.png

Slooooooooow.

6nXRWuV.png

We're getting there.

rKgvNVH.png

Probably not in your lifetime, but we're getting there.

eU9RXHo.png

We're still... oh wait, that's final burn.

nFFAD7v.png

Apollo CM boilerplate is jettisoned, revealing that other thing...

yKkcMK2.png

...a Pegasus micrometeoroid detection satellite.

juoqeZA.png

Detctor panels are represented by solar panels. Apparently, Pegasus had many booms sticking out of it, but I've decided to go with minimalism on this one - there are two OGO gravimetric booms, and that's it.

AmIDTt4.png

Uses stock hydraulics for its unfolding mechanism.

What did you use for the interstage between the S-IV and the CM?

@computercat04 SAF shouldn't make any difference to stock type fairings and honestly, I use most of the same mods that you do, so I don't think any of them should be a problem.

i had heard of fairing issues being a thing in 1.11 ( or maybe it was 1.10... I'm still on 1.9.1 ), so it could just be some sort of incompatibility with that KSP version.

I noticed your fairing was also super wide, relative to the payload. Did you have clipping issues,  or were you able to make straight sides as well and just not able to close it?

Edited by Mudwig

9 hours ago, Mudwig said:

I noticed your fairing was also super wide, relative to the payload. Did you have clipping issues,  or were you able to make straight sides as well and just not able to close it?

I made the fairing wide just to demonstrate the problem. I had no clipping issues.

20 hours ago, computercat04 said:

I'm trying to make Strawman but the fairing won't close.

This works for me on 1.8/1.11. Any time stock fairings won't close for me it's because I haven't made the straight parts high enough before tapering. Try making sure snap is on? Last idea: post a picture of the sat without any fairings and maybe someone will spot something.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
ksp ver