[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, computercat04 said:

It happened to me too. It seems that the physics for that specific part is bugged.

I looked into it and the part is Physicsless. I removed the  PhysicsSignificance = 1 line and its working. Knowing BDB there is a good reason for it but I works for me now. 

Edited by dave1904

14 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I dont think its bugged because I tested it in 1.10 and it was working. 

no for me it was happening in 1.10.1

When the clamps were released the engine shroud just stayed there hovering but the actual engines came with the main rocket, then the shroud started to pull us back to it like we were attached to a rubber string.

Don't know if this will interest anyone but I found some drawings of the Titan SRM assembly (to titan) on the Launch pads which includes the actual hardware used to hold the SRMs in place.

https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=3080&context=space-congress-proceedings

I was looking for how Titan would attach Soltan (I think it would have been a smaller version of the UA12x attachment/decoupler structure.)   Given, how in these drawings the Titan side attachment is much smaller than the SRM side attachment there might be a case for that.

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

no for me it was happening in 1.10.1

When the clamps were released the engine shroud just stayed there hovering but the actual engines came with the main rocket, then the shroud started to pull us back to it like we were attached to a rubber string.

I only tested it a bit in 1.10.1 but removing PhysicsSignificance = 1 has worked for both the issues with both versions of the atlas skirt.  

I've been playing around with engine igniter and since BDB is compadible with it I was wondering how certain rocket second stages dealt with fuel settling. An example of what I mean is the Delta C stage. How did they solve it in the rockets? Pressurized tanks? 

2 hours ago, si2504 said:

Anybody help as to how i resolve these issues? i have the relevant version of BDB installed on 1.8.1 and as far as i'm aware, everything is correct with B9PartSwitch version.AVE6h6J.jpg

thos types of errors can be ignored IMO, I have them on my bdb install because of bdbnic errors related to the gemini colors but it doesn't break anything or slow the game down.

Kopernicus keeps changing how solar panels are configured and it's hard to support them all at once.  What it's telling you is broken is the functionality that changes how much power solar panels output based on the subtype.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Kopernicus keeps changing how solar panels are configured and it's hard to support them all at once.  What it's telling you is broken is the functionality that changes how much power solar panels output based on the subtype.

Even as far back as KSP1.8.1's version?

@Starhelperdude--double check Kopernicus version to make sure it's apt for game version.

10 hours ago, si2504 said:

i have the relevant version of BDB installed on 1.8.1

Are you on the latest builds, like from github? I had similar errors on a 1.8.1 install which were fixed by updating to the latest BDB (I had an older dev build installed there). The version of B9 bundled in the github download also works on 1.8.1 for me. This install is stuck in the dark ages due to KSRSS, but all the latest BDB stuff works there for me, and the same files work through 1.10.1 as well.

1 hour ago, computercat04 said:

Is this supposed to happen?

7YA6jmY.png

You need to detach the retro motor when you deploy the parachute, and then the heat shield after it inflates. The only thing to touch down should be the parachute attached to the return unit.

zQHbAmc.jpg

Kerbin Space Agency Flight number 2.   Mercury Red Juno IVA.   Due to serious issues with man-rating engines for first stages, The KSA had to re-use the A-7 Rocket from the Redstone in a quad package to loft this.    As the Thor tank is slightly better than the Juno, Thor tanks were substituted in for the first stage.   Since JPL had zero issues meeting the man rating standards on their 45K engine, that was used for the orbital injection stage.      The Engineers and scientists were pretty certain it might make orbit....   If the solar winds were on it's side that is.  

Spoiler

u0v9w9X.jpg

Launch.   Clean liftoff.   The castors providing the extra thrust needed to get up and away immediately.  

EtnNjcj.jpg

This photo was found in an enemy agent's possession   it is unknown how they got such a shallow angle shot on the rocket as no enemy planes or balloons were detected at time of launch!

hxW0vwZ.jpg

In orbit with literally 100d/v of AZ50/NTO fuel for the 45K engine left!

Congratulations to Jedidiah Kermin.   You are the first Kerbal to orbit Kerbin!  Orbit was achieved at 131x130 at 0.5 degrees

Both the IVA stage and the Mercury capsule have been recovered from orbit.   well the IVA stage burnt up...

On 1/2/2021 at 4:37 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Are you on the latest builds, like from github? I had similar errors on a 1.8.1 install which were fixed by updating to the latest BDB (I had an older dev build installed there). The version of B9 bundled in the github download also works on 1.8.1 for me. This install is stuck in the dark ages due to KSRSS, but all the latest BDB stuff works there for me, and the same files work through 1.10.1 as well.

I don't know about the latest builds but I have the one's installed for 1.8.1..... Is the latest BDB backwards compatible with 1.8.1?

19 minutes ago, Jso said:

Yes. I'm still on 1.8.1.

is it craft files that are incompatible? because im sure that before when i had a version installed made on 1.10(identified within the config files) it said incompatible, and threw a load of errors at me.

43 minutes ago, si2504 said:

is it craft files that are incompatible? because im sure that before when i had a version installed made on 1.10(identified within the config files) it said incompatible, and threw a load of errors at me.

I'm pretty sure the craft files were built with a later version of KSP, but the wiki has all those instructions, too. If you need help with builds you can always ask here, and lots of us still have 1.8.1 installs, too (mine is for KSRSS)

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm pretty sure the craft files were built with a later version of KSP, but the wiki has all those instructions, too. If you need help with builds you can always ask here, and lots of us still have 1.8.1 installs, too (mine is for KSRSS)

I use KSRSS, on a 2.5x scale. So really the parts are fine to build with, but because the craft files was built in later versions, that's why they're giving me errors.

Problem solved by uninstalling KRnD (Kerbal Research & Development).

That mod's thread warns us that "Please note that this mod is not 100% compatible with other mods which modify parts at runtime (eg TweakScale,  InterstellarFuelSwitch, Firespitter, B9PartSwitch)".

I just noticed an issue with the monoprop capacity of the Leo-D-L8SM "Raphael" Service Module, bluedog_Gemini_LunarReconSM.cfg. KSP 1.10.1. Anyone know if this is a BDB bug, B9PS bug, or bad mod install on my part?

The module has 2 variants (via B9PS) holding either 120 or 300 monoprop. I selected the 300 in VAB but after I launch it is only filled with 120 of 300, even though VAB shows it full. HyperEdit was an easy workaround for that symptom.

The bigger problem is that at seemingly random times (probably not random, I just haven't noticed a pattern yet) during flightAny time my vessel loses focus the Raphael starts allowing only 120 maximum. HyperEdit can't correct for that. Saving the game, quitting, and then a full restart got me back to the 300 maximum monoprop version.

Logfile here, but I copied it after the restart and the module has the correct 300 maximum monoprop at the moment. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jHH8I0WoUoP4JreCfM63vB5SXm57H4R/view?usp=sharing

New info:

• I found a spot I can trigger the bug pressing space to stage (ejecting an LFO stage), pressing alt-] to change to the debris stage, and another alt-] to come back to my vessel. The vessel has 300 max monoprop before and 120 after doing that.
  • Changing vessels, rather than staging, seems to be what activates the problem. Every time I cycle to and from that nearby debris, with no additional staging events, the Raphael tank resets to 120 max monoprop.
  • Sending my pilot on EVA also causes the 120 max issue, because the vessel with the Raphael loses focus.
  • A mere quicksave and load gets me back to 300 maximum. It's not necessary to completely restart KSP.
Edited by DeadJohn

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I just noticed an issue with the monoprop capacity of the Leo-D-L8SM "Raphael" Service Module, bluedog_Gemini_LunarReconSM.cfg. KSP 1.10.1. Anyone know if this is a BDB bug, B9PS bug, or bad mod install on my part?

The module has 2 variants (via B9PS) holding either 120 or 300 monoprop. I selected the 300 in VAB but after I launch it is only filled with 120 of 300, even though VAB shows it full. HyperEdit was an easy workaround for that symptom.

The bigger problem is that at seemingly random times (probably not random, I just haven't noticed a pattern yet) during flightAny time my vessel loses focus the Raphael starts allowing only 120 maximum. HyperEdit can't correct for that. Saving the game, quitting, and then a full restart got me back to the 300 maximum monoprop version.

Logfile here, but I copied it after the restart and the module has the correct 300 maximum monoprop at the moment. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jHH8I0WoUoP4JreCfM63vB5SXm57H4R/view?usp=sharing

New info:

• I found a spot I can trigger the bug pressing space to stage (ejecting an LFO stage), pressing alt-] to change to the debris stage, and another alt-] to come back to my vessel. The vessel has 300 max monoprop before and 120 after doing that.
  • Changing vessels, rather than staging, seems to be what activates the problem. Every time I cycle to and from that nearby debris, with no additional staging events, the Raphael tank resets to 120 max monoprop.
  • Sending my pilot on EVA also causes the 120 max issue, because the vessel with the Raphael loses focus.
  • A mere quicksave and load gets me back to 300 maximum. It's not necessary to completely restart KSP.

@Lisias has a small mod made to work with Tweakscale to force memory of things that KSP "overrides" maybe you need that installed?   It sounds like exactly what the mod was developed for.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2434/KSP-Recall

But beyond that, you will need to provide logs for anyone to be able to help you.  Instructions are in my signature below!

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

@Lisias has a small mod made to work with Tweakscale to force memory of things that KSP "overrides" maybe you need that installed?   It sounds like exactly what the mod was developed for.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2434/KSP-Recall

But beyond that, you will need to provide logs for anyone to be able to help you.  Instructions are in my signature below!

KSP Recall didn't seem to fix the problem. The Raphael service module in flight can hold 300 monoprop when I load my save, if I change focus by sending a passenger on EVA the tank resets to a maximum of 120 monoprop, and then I have to save/load to get back to 300.

Here's another log, just about the same as the earlier one. The vessel in flight "Leo Direct" has the problem.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-58TZlpPERPa_WALLiHJ0YIWJgCs_Fna/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

The Raphael service module in flight can hold 300 monoprop when I load my save, if I change focus by sending a passenger on EVA the tank resets to a maximum of 120 monoprop, and then I have to save/load to get back to 300.

This doesn't happen to me in 1.10.1, as somewhat expected. I've used that part lots of times. You might have some luck if you post your mod list. There's a convenient list inside the ksp.log file if you search for "folders and files"

2 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This doesn't happen to me in 1.10.1, as somewhat expected. I've used that part lots of times. You might have some luck if you post your mod list. There's a convenient list inside the ksp.log file if you search for "folders and files"

Thanks, knowing that it works for others is very helpful.

Here's my mod list from the player.log I posted earlier. I've been using this mod list for a while (except for KSP Recall which I just added to try fixing the issue), and haven't had issues with LFO/LH2 tank variants, but I think this is the first monoprop tank where I'm trying to select a variant that contains extra monoprop.

Mod DLLs found:

Spoiler

Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.10.14 / v1.0.0.0
FilterExtensions v3.2.6.0 / v1.0.0.0
ToolbarControl v0.1.9.4 / v1.0.0.0
Driftless v0.0.5.0
KSP-Recall v0.0.5.0
KSPe.Light.Recall v2.2.2.1
Resourceful v0.0.5.0
AntennaHelper v1.0.7.2