[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

Link above is from OP.   Always a good place to start :D

Direct link to the Skylab infoz is:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Skylab

BTW welcome to the Forums.   And ignore my snark above.  Ask any questions you want.    But it is always a good Idea to start with the first post as they often have that kind of info.

ah thanks! i finally have skylab in orbit and can start practicing rendezvous, not only that but thank you for adding a link to other rockets i can build! ive been struggling to build Titan II but i now know how thanks to your link that ive never knew existed, helped me twice

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

absolutely stunning, will the Hokulani (Skylab) get a revamp too? 

Would we ever see the LSAM from For All Mankind? would be cool to see

LSAM | For All Mankind Wiki | Fandom

skylab will get a revamp, also the spacelab stuff will probably (according to me) also get one

11 hours ago, Heliotrope said:

I've been a huge fan of the recent additions as well, as well as the alternate history parts such as the ETS components. Having just updated the mod a bit ago, I was very pleasantly surprised to see SNAP RTG's and nuclear engines, I don't keep up with updates or anything (is there a discord or something to join for this mod?) so it was quite the suprise.

Not really, pretty much just the thread here. I share things as I make them usually.

There should be another update sooner than later, with all the stuff people have been working on while work starts on Saturn.

11 hours ago, derega16 said:

Will new S-IVB have some sort of anti-boil off option? To make it into S-IVB based lander

br0 just BBQ roll

9 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

what's up with the extra engines on the S-IVB?

8 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Also there was a concept to use an S IVB as a lander and the rl 10s would do the landing burn instead of the j 2 because they have fiber throttling and more restarts.

LASSb1.jpg

6 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

absolutely stunning, will the Hokulani (Skylab) get a revamp too? 

Would we ever see the LSAM from For All Mankind? would be cool to see

LSAM | For All Mankind Wiki | Fandom

Zorg is redoing Skylab (many hands and all that).

Now,  For All Mankind... I should maybe start by saying I didn't care for it? :) Ah well...

So, I've seen that, and I've seen the Jamestown base. They're also on the more realistic end, as far as the show goes. But I don't know how plausible they actually are. I'd need someone to look into them for me and figure out if Jamestown can actually land the way they say it does, for example.

And just to loop back for a second here, I'd also add that anything from FAM is definitely a long ways out. The priority for me right now is getting parity with what's currently in the mod. So stuff like the Eyes Turned Skywards parts take precedence.

Is there any possibility of adding interstage nodes for the crewed Gemini SMs , and / or a 0.9375m version of the Gemini docking adapter ? I ve been trying to make a Gemini rescue vehicle with a Habtech APAS port and I ve noticed it is very annoying and somewhat difficult trying to align the interstage / decoupler with the SM , as the interstage can only attach to the docking port , leaving a gap between the interstage and the SM

2 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Is there any possibility of adding interstage nodes for the crewed Gemini SMs , and / or a 0.9375m version of the Gemini docking adapter ? I ve been trying to make a Gemini rescue vehicle with a Habtech APAS port and I ve noticed it is very annoying and somewhat difficult trying to align the interstage / decoupler with the SM , as the interstage can only attach to the docking port , leaving a gap between the interstage and the SM

oh god, gemini with apas

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

oh god, gemini with apas

What's wrong with that? APAS and now IDSS is great (international, big enough for people and small cargo, can fit on anything from Apollo to Soyuz to Buran without major modification (Gemini will need a structural hull resize), and so was Gemini (Modular, adaptable to different mission types from orbital rendezvous to spying to Moon landing, potentially reusable (if the Rogallo wing went through). Shame it was only ever used for docking practice). Why not put two together?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

oh god, gemini with apas

Soyuz with APAS is even more cursed.

Also the new Saturn parts look friggn amazing!

Edited by KeaKaka

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, I've seen that, and I've seen the Jamestown base. They're also on the more realistic end, as far as the show goes. But I don't know how plausible they actually are. I'd need someone to look into them for me and figure out if Jamestown can actually land the way they say it does, for example.

As far as I can tell, both the LSAM and Jamestown are actually overpowered. Both use 4x LMDEs. I don’t know about the fuel/delta-v situation on the LSAM (those must be fuel tanks that make the upper module bulkier, right?), but I believe it was mentioned Jamestown was a shortened Skylab-based wetlab, so it should have had plenty of DV

3 hours ago, awills714 said:

Hello! Just wondering, will we get RO configs for the revamped Saturn?

In nearly all cases RO configs for stockalike mods are written by contributors to RO rather than the authors of the mod (and the configs are usually distributed with the RO install). I do expect someone will write configs but its not going to be us though since none of us use RO and it would require someone who uses both to do so. 

1 minute ago, Zorg said:

In nearly all cases RO configs for stockalike mods are written by contributors to RO rather than the authors of the mod (and the configs are usually distributed with the RO install). I do expect someone will write configs but its not going to be us though since none of us use RO and it would require someone who uses both to do so. 

I use both but I'm don't know how to write configs sadly

10 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, How far will the Saturn update go? Will we get stuff like Saturn IC and Multibody updates?

there is a roadmap but the link is to many pages back

also, would it be possible to list the roadmap on the OP?

Edited by Starhelperdude