Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.11.2] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.7.2 "Огромный" 22/Mar/2021)


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I don't know of anyone who has done a MOD for that.  Nor do I know what you would change. 

In my play-throughs, unless I add DMagic Orbital Science before I break the 45 Science barrier, I am actually mass Limited not part count limited.  IF I add Orbital Science part count goes out the window

Err,   What about a Boat-Tail Mesh switch as well?   That way we can run the RS-27A on a First Generation Thor! :D  Sure now we are at 2 parts but 2 parts is better than 5

err, After I get Pioneer up, My payloads are in the 10 to 15 part range.   Since I am mass limited by the Launch pad I can't loft BIG payloads.  But I can launch payloads with lots of Parts.   That being said... See point 2 above

 

 

Does this mean when Delta K gets redone it's interstage will be used for HOSS in addition to the Straight 8s Delta-F/P?

So this would already separate the boat tails from the engines. I'm saying one part maybe with original Thor boattail, universal boat tail (the upgraded one for 9 castors, though I think all that detail might be in the decouplers...), Delta II boattail. And then maybe the Juno one in there?

And then I'm saying the LR-79, S-3D, RS-27 and RS-27A all in one part with B9 switches. The verniers would be separate too. Advantage of this is you can use like LR-87s hopefully in the Thor boat tails. Hopefully.

I think theres probably going to be a 1.5m interstage with a bunch of variants. Redone Delta II interstage for starters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf Any plans to make a patch that will take away the ramp up throttle from the engines? I like having instant throttle response. 

I was bored at work so its not tested but I think it should do the trick

 

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#useEngineResponseTime[true]]
  {
    @useEngineResponseTime = false
  }
}
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Just out of curiosity, what bothers you about rocket engines taking a few seconds to throttle up?

I don't mind it for atom engines, but vacuum engines like the Titan Second Stage engine when you're trying to precise maneuver.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

I don't mind it for atom engines, but vacuum engines like the Titan Second Stage engine when you're trying to precise maneuver.

 

I think the Titan upper stage wasn`t thought for precise maneuvers. For this maneuvers, the payload had it`s own engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I was bored at work so its not tested but I think it should do the trick

 

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#useEngineResponseTime[true]]
  {
    @useEngineResponseTime = false
  }
}
 

Worked great, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I think the Titan upper stage wasn`t thought for precise maneuvers. For this maneuvers, the payload had it`s own engine.

Yeah as additional options you also have the RCS pods for Titan 23G, the Titan II velocity trim solid motors and the built in RCS in the Commercial Titan III fairing all to help with precise maneuvers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Engones generally have to ramp IRL dont Thu? If so deal with it :P if I had my way the BDB engines would have realistic throttling too

Just please NOT required Engine Ignitor!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm using the latest engine ignitor patch from the dev branch with the release version of BDB and I noticed that none of the Titan engines have any engine ignitor functionality in game, but I can see that there are engine ignitor patches for them. Are the names of the Titan parts different in the dev branch?

9 hours ago, Zorg said:

I was bored at work so its not tested but I think it should do the trick

 

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#useEngineResponseTime[true]]
  {
    @useEngineResponseTime = false
  }
}
 

 
 

Is engine ramp up in the release version or only in dev? I'm playing with the release version and I've not noticed any throttle ramp up. 

Edited by subyng
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, subyng said:

 

I'm using the latest engine ignitor patch from the dev branch with the release version of BDB and I noticed that none of the Titan engines have any engine ignitor functionality in game, but I can see that there are engine ignitor patches for them. Are the names of the Titan parts different in the dev branch?

 
 

Is engine ramp up in the release version or only in dev? I'm playing with the release version and I've not noticed any throttle ramp up. 

Yes, the Titan engines were redone from scratch and use different names to reduce save breakage. Similarly the engine ramping - if I remember that was mostly just to give a delay for the startup audio fx to play (the Titan bwoooop)

We are in the home stretch working towards a release so it should be relatively stable if you want to help test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes, the Titan engines were redone from scratch and use different names to reduce save breakage. Similarly the engine ramping - if I remember that was mostly just to give a delay for the startup audio fx to play (the Titan bwoooop)

We are in the home stretch working towards a release so it should be relatively stable if you want to help test.

Sweet, so I should be able to switch to the dev version mid save without breaking anything?

Edited by subyng
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...