[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I am simply amazed by this latest update. BDB has always been a MUST-HAVE in my mod list since I stumbled upon it quite a while ago, and I couldn’t even imagine how far it would come. The Titan parts are amazing alone, but going even farther with the MOL parts and Gemini space station parts, the Delta IV Heavy upper stage, and even Helios?? I don’t have the words to express my amazement.

I’ve had KSP since 2013 and it’s always been a great motivator in my interest in space exploration. However, I truly believe what caused my interest in space to shift from fantasy to something more grounded in reality, inspiring me to apply to college to study aerospace engineering, was playing KSP with BDB.

While that sounds like an exaggeration, the dedication and care put into this mod, all the details, all the greebles, was a real eye-opener in how far real space exploration has come over the decades, and it helped convinced me that one day I want to contribute to that journey.

So overall, thanks for the amazing work! BDB is a real cornerstone of the KSP modding community!

3 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I think I might be a tad bit confused, didn't you already remake Delta II/Delta K for 1.5, so I guess you're reredoing them to an even higher standard?

What ...

Yeah, I never actually remade the models for Delta K like I should have. I am still not quite sure what is happening with the Delta II but since there's so much changes happening to the first stage engine, yeah, likely everything but the GEMs will get redone.

2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

I am simply amazed by this latest update. BDB has always been a MUST-HAVE in my mod list since I stumbled upon it quite a while ago, and I couldn’t even imagine how far it would come. The Titan parts are amazing alone, but going even farther with the MOL parts and Gemini space station parts, the Delta IV Heavy upper stage, and even Helios?? I don’t have the words to express my amazement.

I’ve had KSP since 2013 and it’s always been a great motivator in my interest in space exploration. However, I truly believe what caused my interest in space to shift from fantasy to something more grounded in reality, inspiring me to apply to college to study aerospace engineering, was playing KSP with BDB.

While that sounds like an exaggeration, the dedication and care put into this mod, all the details, all the greebles, was a real eye-opener in how far real space exploration has come over the decades, and it helped convinced me that one day I want to contribute to that journey.

So overall, thanks for the amazing work! BDB is a real cornerstone of the KSP modding community!

acD8kh5.png

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

A meme

Indeed.

Just a heads up, but all that stuff I shared earlier... I'm gonna see how much I can get in game tomorrow. I am not sure when I will start (I'm going to a concert tonight and don't know when I'll get home) but I'd say likely by 9 AM Eastern..? Come hang out it'll be fun. Maybe.

21 hours ago, Pappystein said:

It sound like you are using another mod that is altering how BDB works.     BDB was just updated, and as such any 3rd party mod that alters BDB would be responsible to update it's settings for BDB.     A Pressure fed engine (as a game setting or effect) is NOT a thing in stock KSP nor is it a thing in BDB.

Many of the parts that were replaced received new internal names and that breaks 3rd party mod compatibility.  

Hope that helps you solve your issue!

Hi ! Thank you for your answer ! Yes I think it's a Real Fuel mod matter, but since the config is provided by the BDB  release itself, I asked here :) For the moment I had just changed the Able AJ10 .cfg into "no pressurfed engine"

But what is realy bothering me is this fearful warning which appear 2 times every time I launch the game :

https://i.imgur.com/mnhX2MM.jpg

Here my log. If someone have time to take a look its nice ^^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sda5dvld3f6fwc/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, Carni35 said:

Hi ! Thank you for your answer ! Yes I think it's a Real Fuel mod matter, but since the config is provided by the BDB  release itself, I asked here :) For the moment I had just changed the Able AJ10 .cfg into "no pressurfed engine"

But what is realy bothering me is this fearful warning which appear 2 times every time I launch the game :

https://i.imgur.com/mnhX2MM.jpg

Here my log. If someone have time to take a look its nice ^^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sda5dvld3f6fwc/output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok, Those files are not maintained in any sort of consistent way (they are user provided I believe.)    So I do not have an answer to help you with the Realfuels issue.

The B9PS warnings appear to be because of an old version of B9PartSwitch....  I think (I didn't look at your logs as I have seen similar errors when I had an old version of B9PS a few weeks ago in the dev cycle.)

Download the latest B9PartSwitch for whatever version of KSP you are on and delete the old one and drop the new one in.  

@CobaltWolf, I just remembered one part of Delta you haven't yet made...
DPAF_2big.jpg

DPAF! :) For when you need to launch two small satellites, instead of a single medium-sized one. I think it would be a nice addition. It would also be generally useful, seeing as there's no dual payload mounting gear anywhere in BDB, thus far.

Congrats on release @CobaltWolf, I've followed this mod since late 2015 back when you first added Atlas V and I've loved every release since. Your work has vastly improved since then and with every update I always say "Lol why are they revamping this, there's no way they can make it better." And I always get proven wrong. I'm going to have tons of fun with the new parts and I'm very excited to see how your work continues to progress in the future

screenshot405.png?width=1123&height=702

1 hour ago, StinkyAce said:

And how would I do this? I just downloaded the mod today. Or am I missing something?

If you have existing saved craft using old titan parts they will have "rusty" textures. The new Titans are added as completely new parts which you will find in the parts list. Essentially you need to rebuild your craft with the fresh parts and remove the old parts. You should also retire any craft in flight using old titan parts. 

The old parts will be removed entirely at some point in a future update.

8 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

@CobaltWolf, I just remembered one part of Delta you haven't yet made...
DPAF_2big.jpg

DPAF! :) For when you need to launch two small satellites, instead of a single medium-sized one. I think it would be a nice addition. It would also be generally useful, seeing as there's no dual payload mounting gear anywhere in BDB, thus far.

It`s old and not BDB but it works and fit the BDB-Style:

Edited by Cheesecake

13 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Ok, Those files are not maintained in any sort of consistent way (they are user provided I believe.)    So I do not have an answer to help you with the Realfuels issue.

The B9PS warnings appear to be because of an old version of B9PartSwitch....  I think (I didn't look at your logs as I have seen similar errors when I had an old version of B9PS a few weeks ago in the dev cycle.)

Download the latest B9PartSwitch for whatever version of KSP you are on and delete the old one and drop the new one in.  

That was the first thing I did ;) After fresh reinstalle it appear that happen when Kerbalism Dev Kit is installed. Will see if this bug will be still there  at the release

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

It`s old and not BDB but it works and fit the BDB-Style:

Interesting... but I think a part like that would greatly benefit from B9PS. A DPAF-like part can have multiple lengths in a single part. I don't think it would be a very complicated think to model, just a hollow cylinder with CFRP texture although the colliders could get tricky

Could it even use the new Delta III payload adapters texture?

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

20 minutes ago, Machinique said:

Damm, new Delta looks good. Can't wait for those parts to hit the beta branch.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/v1.7.0-Developmen

:) There's still a bunch of fixes that I need to do to the v1.6 stuff, but I really wanted to see some of this new stuff in game. The stuff I got in is REALLY unpolished right now though. I think it was... 33 parts? am i ok

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/v1.7.0-Developmen

:) There's still a bunch of fixes that I need to do to the v1.6 stuff, but I really wanted to see some of this new stuff in game. The stuff I got in is REALLY unpolished right now though. I think it was... 33 parts? am i ok

Lovely. :) I'll test them out when I have some time later today. 

BTW, what's the status of the Agena overhaul? 

Delta IV (non-medium) styled Saturn V

Note: The Saturn V 1st stage and 2nd stage are linked together, the decoupler is only there for looks. This is a two stage rocket with a DCSS style 2nd stage. 

RAP0IfH.jpg

Edited by GoldForest