[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 hours ago, Zorg said:

yeah we were looking at the problem parts in the current official release as a matter of priority, dev branch will follow later (we have identified the problem parts of which there are several in dev, just the one in the release).

Right.  I'm just sad that the devs said they would fix this issue in 1.10.1, but apparently it didn't get fixed.  Have y'all heard why it didn't get resolved?  I see nothing in the update log that looks like a fix for that source problem with animations.

6 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Right.  I'm just sad that the devs said they would fix this issue in 1.10.1, but apparently it didn't get fixed.  Have y'all heard why it didn't get resolved?  I see nothing in the update log that looks like a fix for that source problem with animations.

What they actually promised they would fix was the fairings. I guess they didnt consider whatever changes they made to the drag cube system to be a bug. We are just going to manually add in drag cubes and that seems fine.

On the other hand the stock fairing modules are no longer "broken" and dont nullref but the updated fairing module seems to care about the fairing base when you add a variant to the fairing side itself. So there's weird stuff going on with textures. 

So RealFuels BDB configs are done. Or at least nothing seems broken.

Have a gander until it's merged with the main RealFuels-StockEngines mod. 

https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/releases/tag/v0.1.7.3

RealFuels-Stock for BDB 1.7
Current State: RELEASE CANDIDATE  - pending BDB 1.7 release

These are engine and tank configurations for BDB 1.7dev up to the CentaurD RL10 addition even though RealFuels is pretty incompatible with B9PartSwitch configurations but most of it is working. 

Configs are based on the configs in BD_Extras although they've been completely overhauled since there's been a lot of changes to BDB since that was released. Some older configs are in the Deprecated folder for backwards compatability. 

Variable tank sizes from newer BDB parts using B9PartSwitch aren't supported. As a workaround each tank is duplicated, sensibly renamed and their default selection changed but you can still select each length

All engines featured in BDB 1.7dev have RF versions of their B9 configs including appropriate variant fuels such as the HDA 8096 and RP-1 powered Titan engines configured. There's even a few extra configs and more variants are planned based on spelunking through RO configs and Astronautix* I hope in the future to have engine type and and bell switching affect performance on their own so you could use the 8096 HDA engine with the 8041 bell and it'd have better performance but lose a lot of efficiency because of the smaller bell size. Don't know why you would want to though...

All engines make use of techlevels for fine tuning (requires a lot of balancing though) and their subtype requirements have the appropriate tech requirement.

Nearly all the RCS should be flexible in its configuration and have appropriate tech requirements.

Thrust is based on BDB values and scaled RO values for extra configs. Currently testing whether each historical vehicle can fullfill the Historic Mission Contract pack launched with MechJebs PEG Ascent Guidance or Gravity Turn @3.2x scale.

*Could possibly future proof for future BDB updates as well as provide a base for any mods with engines based on real engines.

An optional patch for TAC users with 24h days is avaiable. Consumption rates are divided by 4 as the supplies added by BDB TAC patches are based on 6h days but only works on a new game. 

-Rocket Belle

P.S.

Please direct all issues and questions related to BDB configs to me, Bellabong @ https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/issues

Edited by Bellabong

10 hours ago, Zorg said:

What they actually promised they would fix was the fairings. I guess they didnt consider whatever changes they made to the drag cube system to be a bug. We are just going to manually add in drag cubes and that seems fine.

On the other hand the stock fairing modules are no longer "broken" and dont nullref but the updated fairing module seems to care about the fairing base when you add a variant to the fairing side itself. So there's weird stuff going on with textures. 

So am I hearing that the Aero system is broken (again?)   And That we might be better off with FAR (something that I do not like,) since it does it's own drag calculations?

7 hours ago, Bellabong said:

So RealFuels BDB configs are done. Or at least nothing seems broken.

Have a gander until it's merged with the main RealFuels-StockEngines mod. 

https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/releases/tag/v0.1.7.3

Hide contents

While I am not a big RealFuels user or fan, and I have my own fuel patches for BDB and B9PS.... Thanks for doing this!    Not something I would use but it is nice to have such an Option available!

Edited by Pappystein

Just now, Pappystein said:

So am I hearing that the Aero system is broken (again?)   And That we might be better off with FAR (something that I do not like,) since it does it's own drag calculations?

Nothing so dramatic, I didnt follow the whole thing but there have been some changes to how drag cubes are calculated. So some parts that had multiple modules that might be expected to provide the procedural cubes were stepping on each other now from what I understood, for example parts containing deployable solar panel + some animation module. Only a few parts are affected and they are being fixed now with predefined drag cubes.

The dev branch should now be compatible with KSP 1.10.1. all parts should load.

(this is more for people who already use the dev branch, a hotfix for BDB v1.6 is coming for those who use the release).

We have also killed off part variants for stock fairings. So fairing bases only have the default white fairing on them. But who needs them anyway right :P 

Let us know of any other issues that crop up in 1.10.1 with dev.

Don't forget to update dependencies.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

The dev branch should now be compatible with KSP 1.10.1. all parts should load.

Glad to hear.  What was the underlying issue, and how was it fixed if you don't mind my asking.  I haven't tested my own mod in 1.10+, and haven't had any reports, but I'm not sure if its because everything works fine, or the size of my user base and I'd like to know how I might go about fixing any issues, if there are any.

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

While I am not a big RealFuels user or fan, and I have my own fuel patches for BDB and B9PS.... Thanks for doing this!    Not something I would use but it is nice to have such an Option available!

it's a lot of work to have 4 letters on the bottom left be the right letters

Do the folks at BDB have a name suggestion for the Methalox RL10?

648e448dc390b8694ab7877ad8739893.png

Edited by Bellabong

7 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

Glad to hear.  What was the underlying issue, and how was it fixed if you don't mind my asking.  I haven't tested my own mod in 1.10+, and haven't had any reports, but I'm not sure if its because everything works fine, or the size of my user base and I'd like to know how I might go about fixing any issues, if there are any.

see my reply to pappystein above. If you run into the problem what you can do is delete the solar panel module in the config so that it loads, then go to partdatabase.cfg and find its drag cube. Restore your deleted module and add in the drag cube node to the config.

14 hours ago, Zorg said:

Nothing so dramatic, I didnt follow the whole thing but there have been some changes to how drag cubes are calculated. So some parts that had multiple modules that might be expected to provide the procedural cubes were stepping on each other now from what I understood, for example parts containing deployable solar panel + some animation module. Only a few parts are affected and they are being fixed now with predefined drag cubes.

4 hours ago, Bellabong said:

it's a lot of work to have 4 letters on the bottom left be the right letters

Do the folks at BDB have a name suggestion for the Methalox RL10?

648e448dc390b8694ab7877ad8739893.png

iirc RL--10 itself has been tested with methane but I don't recall a designation. Pretending its a CECE methalox seems fine to me as well though.

2 hours ago, Bellabong said:

Would have been a thing had they had more time to meet the performance requirements. 

Wouldn't that thing (FLOX I mean) be extremely toxic? Like, even more than UDMH and such?

Edited by biohazard15

54 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Wouldn't that thing (FLOX I mean) be extremely toxic? Like, even more than UDMH and such?

Not only toxic, but corrosive and potentially explosive when mixed with water ( F2 + H2O > HF + O + O2 + O3, note this isn't a stoichometric ratio only the possible end products, HOF is formed as well but that decomposes fairly quickly into HF and O). Hydrofluoric acid (HF) is nasty, it's what they use to etch glass. It'll also do a nice job of dissolving your flesh.

So yeah, extremely toxic. You don't want to be anywhere near a fluorine leak unless you enjoy your lungs melting into a gooey black puddle.

UPDATE - BDB v1.6.3 for KSP 1.10.1

Fixes

• Fixed drag cubes so BDB loads in KSP 1.10.1
  • Remove miniavc.dll since its been broken and discontinued

Misc

• Update bundled B9PartSwitch, Community Resource Pack, Dmagic Science Animate and Module Manager.
  • Update .version file
  • OLD TITAN FOLDER IS NOW HARD DEPRECATED and removed entirely
  • Removed variants from stock type fairings.

Download from links below. Should be available on CKAN once its indexed in a few hours.

Spacedock download

Github download

6 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

is the 1.7 dev branch still compatible with 1.8.1?

Im pretty sure it is. Only did a brief test. If there is any trouble I suggest rolling back dependencies like B9 to the appropriate version but I dont think it will be necessary.

9 hours ago, Bellabong said:

It was designated FX-153

This is a different engine from the original question. Methane/LOX version of RL-10 was a much more recent project, and IIRC it was done around the time of CECE. I think it was based on RL-10B-2, but I'm not sure where I read about it.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Start of the work on the Centaur T, most of the remaining work will be on the avionics :)

Nice, is it stackable? I'd love to have a Centaur G, too. :) 

4 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Nice, is it stackable? I'd love to have a Centaur G, too. :) 

yeah, it's generally broken up the same as the old one. The upper 2.5m tank is a single part, but the lower half of it will be available for stacking ie making the G.