[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Ghostshark27 said:

Thanks for the responses!  The whole INT-16 thing was more of a whim than a necessity.  I'm doing a playthrough where I'm trying to make some of the more out there proposals for LV's, due to in world my space agency is second string to the main space agency and having to cobble together whatever they can find.  So while I'll eventually be mainlining saturn V's or I-C models, for now its Titan hardware or experimental stuff.

As for the Rogallo, I know ultimately it was a flawed design, but it would still be fun to toy around with it in game and potentially send a few Kerbals to the med center before they realize its not practical either. :D

Oh, no a Paraglider design is a workable solution.    For higher tech craft.   For the Gemini, given the tight constraints of storage however it isn't workable given the fabric technology at the time.   What was needed to make it work.   Extendable carbon fiber :D

2 hours ago, luisitoISS said:

I have a question, who is the name of the space-lab (STS misions) on the "GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts".

That's not the IRL Spacelab, that's an alternate universe design for an Apollo-era Skylab. As such, it shares the 'Hokulani' name with IRL Skylab parts. For a real-life Spacelab, look at Cormorant Aeronology.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

18 hours ago, Zorg said:

A big part of the reason why we started doing Waterfall configs and indeed made it part of the default package is that they offer much better performance than particle plumes (both stock particles and realplume) thus bringing nice plumes to a wider user base.

using both together takes away this performance advantage and makes it worse than using either on its own. Additionally while that example looks nice in many other examples especially sea level plumes, you will likely need considerable additional work done to make sure the particles and the waterfall plumes expand and behave in harmony together. This is work I am definitely not interested in doing.

You are of course free to experiment with combining them for yourself but its not an option we will be looking to offer as an official compatibility option.

all you need to do is remove the !Waterfall from the :NEEDS[...] in the realplume patches. 

However our official condition is if WF and RealPlume are installed together, WF for liquid engines and RealPlume for solids.

Thanks for the detailed clarification.
It is always important to know: wait for the development of the mod or stick your hands inside and do something yourself))))

6 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

I suppose now the old CxAerospace APAS ports can be decommissoned and replaces with the new Habtech APAS ?

lol where we supposed to use CxAerospace? I always used Habtech(2) for the apes, even before the revamp

Just now, Starhelperdude said:

lol where we supposed to use CxAerospace? I always used Habtech(2) for the apes, even before the revamp

The APAS ports in BDB were taken from CxAerospace , I asking this because Benjee10 recently updated Habtech with new APAS ports which look even better

Just now, golkaidakhaana said:

The APAS ports in BDB were taken from CxAerospace , I asking this because Benjee10 recently updated Habtech with new APAS ports which look even better

ah wait, you mean those apollo era ones with a active and passive variant? I mean the modern ones used on shuttle, ISS, Starliner, Dragon,...

1 minute ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Sorry but I had no idea what you are talked about ...

I don't know what I'm talking about too, I think we need to know what  I / we mean from someone who knows about that stuff/ the mods

5 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

shuttle, ISS, Starliner, Dragon,...

The Newer Ports, Called the NASA Docking System (NDA) are different to the APAS ports on the Shuttle. 

They are basically Male/Female Versions of APAS. The Capsule has a familiar Port, much like APAS, but the station/Thing to dock to has the female port - it’s basically Static Petal rings like on APAS, but skeletal, non moving and without the soft capture ring.

15 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

370dnwo5r7r61.pngWhat a nice DCSS pic. nothing else interesting about this image whatsoever.

the plate ontop the 2.5m adapter on which nothing stands is interesting, actually isn't that the payload deck of the ranger lander?

4 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

The Newer Ports, Called the NASA Docking System (NDA) are different to the APAS ports on the Shuttle. 

They are basically Male/Female Versions of APAS. The Capsule has a familiar Port, much like APAS, but the station/Thing to dock to has the female port - it’s basically Static Petal rings like on APAS, but skeletal, non moving and without the soft capture ring.

International Docking System (IDS) Active is still androgynous, no male-female versions like earlier ports. It's basically just APAS 95 with low-impact docking technology , magnets, and fuel transfer plumbing (One implementation, the NASA Docking System, actually has cross-compatible hard capture rings).

Stations have always used passive variants, even for APAS. Those are the skeletal versions you mentioned, with no SCS and no HCS latches. 

Unfortunately, KSP doesn't allow us to simulate low-impact docking adequately. So what's the point, given that from a game standpoint the only difference is fuel crossfeed?

I wish RKK Energiya calls their implementation 'APAS-210'

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

9 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

ah wait, you mean those apollo era ones with a active and passive variant? I mean the modern ones used on shuttle, ISS, Starliner, Dragon,...

The Active and Passive is the way the Real World APAS works (does not matter what generation)   One side has the soft dock features and the other side sits and passively waits.   But beyond that they have always been 100% identical.   I too am using Benjee's port because it looks awesome.

There have been many itterations of APAS...  Used mostly in the Soviet side of things.  The Tree diverged at the ASTP and the US and the Soviet Governments made their own versions.   And then came back together for the International standard on ISS whatever the name currently is... it is just the current incarnation of APAS.

10 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I don't know what I'm talking about too, I think we need to know what  I / we mean from someone who knows about that stuff/ the mods

4 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Look please stop talking about this ..... my question was simply aimed at the developers , there is no reason why it had to turn into this moot discussion about APAS ports againn .....

20 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

In BDB there is a APAS-Folder. The APAS-Ports are originally from cxAerospace, adopted by BDB and Habtech (both was the same, only other colors as far as I know --> Habtech had white/black ones, BDB has grey ones). Now Benjee updated this APAS so we didn`t need the ones in BDB anymore.