[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

No No... It isnt a stock part which is missing...when i try to load  the  the VAB says: bluedog.mercuryHeatshield is missing.

I think it is missing because the mod dev has put the ablation into the command pod to reduce part count...

But when the part isnt in the library anymore you cant load any vessel which had the BDB bluedog.mercuryHeatshield integrated.

49 minutes ago, schneemannski said:

No No... It isnt a stock part which is missing...when i try to load  the  the VAB says: bluedog.mercuryHeatshield is missing.

I think it is missing because the mod dev has put the ablation into the command pod to reduce part count...

But when the part isnt in the library anymore you cant load any vessel which had the BDB bluedog.mercuryHeatshield integrated.

Yes we(probably not me, just Cobalt) decided it was best to just put the heatshields in the pods, but i believe they'll be separated soon. 

Bluedog Design Bureau is not responsible for any broken crafts, emotional damages, or general game breaking failures. Have a nice day. :P

Edited by VenomousRequiem

On 6/7/2016 at 11:19 AM, CobaltWolf said:

@MainSailor, I know you use it. Would you be interested in taking a look? I have access to InDesign but little to no experience with it, and I would prefer to continue trying to get new parts out.

Sure thing. Pop me a link if you have one. Just be aware that if you have graphics that you've pulled in, they will be linked and I won't have access to them unless they're embedded or you package the file. (I can help with either, but packaging is easier to work with.) I also only have access to CS6 (we had some issues with CC so reverted back.)

2 hours ago, TimothyC said:

@CobaltWolf
As I promised, here are the Titan IVB images:

This is the new wing at the Air Force museum? That's so cool, will have to plan a trip up there. Kennedy is only 4-ish hours so I've been down there a bunch, but Ohio is a bit of a road trip for me.

Edited by MainSailor

7 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

This is the new wing at the Air Force museum? That's so cool, will have to plan a trip up there. Kennedy is only 4-ish hours so I've been down there a bunch, but Ohio is a bit of a road trip for me.

Yes, they are from the new Hanger. It opened to the public for the first time yesterday.

51 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

Sure thing. Pop me a link if you have one. Just be aware that if you have graphics that you've pulled in, they will be linked and I won't have access to them unless they're embedded or you package the file. (I can help with either, but packaging is easier to work with.) I also only have access to CS6 (we had some issues with CC so reverted back.)

Awesome! I messaged him on Skype to start a PM conversation and share the files. We mostly just need someone to read through it, check for consistency with the formatting, maybe clean up some areas where it isn't as good looking. If you have any tips or suggestions for things to incorporate into the format/style going forward, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking to stream tonight, starting some time around 6 PM Eastern. Focus will be on getting the new RL-10 finished for use in Sarnus-1. It needs a fair bit of modeling work - Venom had a great start but engines are tough to model, and the current mesh wouldn't work for a gimballing engine. So modeling, then UVs, then textures. Considering that it took the entire last stream to get the H1s unwrapped and textured, I have my doubts as to whether it'll be done tonight. Next step after that is finishing the last couple parts for Sarnus-1, and getting all the textures cleaned up. Once that's done I'll shift over to MOS, and try and finish that. I also have a large battery of issues to take care of, such as re-splitting the heatshields from the capsules.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 6/6/2016 at 11:59 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I currently have no plans to do IVAs. They are time consuming and I'd rather devote time to more significant things.

We are currently planning (planning being the operative word) to split BDB into LVs, probe/science parts, and everything else ie capsules, station parts, etc.

EDIT: Forgot the whole reason I posted. The H1 engines are mostly done and are up on Github. Their textures need to be finished and they need a balance pass but there.

hHW6CAQ.png

FINALLY! Hang on, I'm going to make an atlas IV!

8 hours ago, TimothyC said:

@CobaltWolf, @OTmikhail, @VenomousRequiem, & @Foxxonius Augustus:

As I promised, here are the Titan IVB images:

-Shnip-

...those are so cool...

We must remodel the Titan IV engine immediately!

Edit: @Rory Yammomoto What is an Atlas IV?

Edit 2: 

STREAM IS UP!

Edited by VenomousRequiem

15 hours ago, schneemannski said:

i have tried to load the craft files especially of some muo rockets, but i cant load them because the ablator, which is now part of the command pod is missing. Is it possible to edit this craft file manually?

When I have time, probably tomorrow, I'll fix the craft file for ya.

@CobaltWolf erm, not to nitpick here, but... shouldn't the H-1 be more powerful or more efficient?

It gets outclassed by the Buzzard engine for the Muo. I think, as you said, that you will have to rebalance.

@VenomousRequiem It is my Atlas with H-1s instead of boosters or a sustainer. However, the H-1 Atlas IV has no point ATM, as the H-1 has no advantage over the normal engines.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

sorry for cutting the stream short guys, didn't think he'd take me up on his offer to help a friend move. Assembling Ikea furniture at 10PM was a blast tho. :P

I will try and get some more done on the RL10 amd get screenshots up.

25 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

looking good!!

Is possible to launch a plane like that without tipping? I've tried hard and all my designs tips over when initiating the gravity turn  (yeah may be I'm doing something very wrong :D)

You need to place wings at the base of the stack, to counteract the drag/lift of the wings. This however wasn't needed on the Titan III version, because when you have 2 massive gimbaling SRMs, who cares. 

You should be able to fly dynasoar on all titan varients as well as Saturn I, Ib would probably be overkill, but I've put Saturn I first stages as boosters on Titan before, so you never know.

28 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

looking good!!

Is possible to launch a plane like that without tipping? I've tried hard and all my designs tips over when initiating the gravity turn  (yeah may be I'm doing something very wrong :D)

Yes, you can. I have a Mk.I shuttle I was trying to build using an STS stack that just kept flipping failing, so I resorted to a more traditional rocket stack and put the shuttle on top. You might have to have a steep ascent and go easy on the "gravity turn" but it is very doable.

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

sorry for cutting the stream short guys, didn't think he'd take me up on his offer to help a friend move. Assembling Ikea furniture at 10PM was a blast tho. :P

You haven't lived until you've helped a friend load a huge U-Haul at 3am... and then offload it at 4am. Long story.

34 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You need to place wings at the base of the stack, to counteract the drag/lift of the wings. This however wasn't needed on the Titan III version, because when you have 2 massive gimbaling SRMs, who cares. 

You should be able to fly dynasoar on all titan varients as well as Saturn I, Ib would probably be overkill, but I've put Saturn I first stages as boosters on Titan before, so you never know.

32 minutes ago, akron said:

Yes, you can. I have a Mk.I shuttle I was trying to build using an STS stack that just kept flipping failing, so I resorted to a more traditional rocket stack and put the shuttle on top. You might have to have a steep ascent and go easy on the "gravity turn" but it is very doable.

Great! I'll try with the Titan III

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

Fins (big ones) or high-gimbal engines on the lifter. Actually, a little sub-orbital spaceplane launches beautifully on a BDB Caliph SRB with four large delta winglets on the base.

39 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Great! I'll try with the Titan III

I think that's what I used on my career save. A Titan (Prometheus) III-B first stage with a Cryogenic upper stage (Nertea) plus the shuttle's OMS.

I haven't played in a while so my memory is hazy. I've also only done the one maiden unmanned test flight. Performance and safety concerns prompted the agency to continue the development of a traditional capsule for Space station crew operations :)

This probably doesn't mean a lot to too many people, but KER and Mechjeb DV readings are broken for the Gemini spacecraft as the decoupler is the same part as the SM, so I did some math and overcame the tyranny of the rocket equation and came out with 784m/s of DV. Does that sound about right?

OK, @CobaltWolf, I retract my previous statement.

The H-1s are outclassed in all ways by the muo's booster engines...except they are 500 kg lighter.

In practice, my Atlas IV (a normal atlas with H-1Ds instad of the standard skirt engines) has all of the qualities of the normal atlas, but goes like stink and is very useful for rendezvous with a station.