[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I have a question about the legoability for the new Saturn parts.

I really appreciate the utility of the Herakles engine plate. Have you considered going a similar route with the Saturn V engine plate? i.e. A variable amount of bottom attach points, along with having the engine fairing/base be a separate part that could attach to a variable amount of side attach points?

I have no idea what would be involved to do that, but I think it would be a great way to increase the utility and flexibility of the Saturn V parts.

4 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

what does SAF Mean?

I keep seeing it with BDB's Fairings

I know Starhelperdude already stepped in with the simple answer of the name and commenting on the FACT that it is a great mod.

Simple Adjustable fairings allows for REAL WORLD like fairings to return to KSP with a vertical insertion possible (but not width insertion)   The fairings are all (in BDB) based on a scale of the real fairings that flew on real rockets.   

compared to stock and stock-a-like fairings the SAF fairings have too big benefits to my mind.  

1. they look like real life
  2. you can make rocket correct payloads a little easier with them.

The single disadvantage is you can't make 10m fairings on a 1.25m rocket... (but wait why would you want to!)

Hope that helps Adam-Kerman

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I just checked the new Saturn models, the rotation of the engines on the S-1C is correct. I'm being pretty diligent about confirming the real position and orientation of details this time around. :) Blue arrow is the CSM Hatch side, red arrow is towards the LUT.

VPWkCkS.png

That's great news!

The current Saturn V, as was mentioned, has have everything below the S-IVB to be rotated 45° so it will fit in my Mobile Launcher, as I had to do. :P 

Edited by AlphaMensae

21 hours ago, Zorg said:

1. I can confirm the suits work fine in stock. This is likely a TR issue. Keep in mind we provide the suits in TR compatibility versions in BDB_Extras. This was provided for pre 1.10 (1.9??) users as a way to use the suits. Im not sure how TR interacts with the stock suit switcher though.

4. Any details on how the charged particle experiment is broken?

1.  Awesome. I'll have a dabble with that next. Only use it because I play with JNSQ.

4. Part is animating and deploying but no science is being executed. It just occurred to me that maybe it requires another part to function a bit like a duel scanner but I don't remember seeing anything in the description regarding that.

14 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

The light thing is news to me. I'll have to keep it in mind I guess, I'm redoing those parts anyways.

I just checked the new Saturn models, the rotation of the engines on the S-1C is correct. I'm being pretty diligent about confirming the real position and orientation of details this time around. :) Blue arrow is the CSM Hatch side, red arrow is towards the LUT.

VPWkCkS.png

Way ahead of me then haha. Good to hear.

Regarding the lights it seems a bit inconsistent. 

For me pop out docking light stays perminately deployed and doesn't illuminate. The EVA docking light boom on the other hand doesn't deploy and also doesn't illuminate. Then again, maybe it is also stuck deployed and I just attached it wrong thinking it wasn't deployed.

I'm not home right now so I can't check.

I'll put in those pull request and some other bug reports on the github for you Cobalt. 

Cheers.

Edit: Confirmed the suits bug was texture replacer. Just turn off Kerbal customisation. 

EDIT edit: Lel

With regards to the science containers. 

It is my understanding that there is an action group function for BDB pods to store collected science yet it does not work. I also see the same for stock pods. 

Was it the intention to allow these pods to have stored science capability like the science container or even the Mercury nose cone or am I missing something here?

I pushed a commit adding the ability to review stored science and transfer between craft as strapping a science container to the back of the LEM doesnt make much sense to me.
Though I am but one person. 

Edited by BenyB873
Got home.... :D

screenshot101_-_Copy.png?width=1039&heig

screenshot103.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot107.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot106.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot109.png?width=1186&height=667

Hey I had some time to play a little KSP!

15 hours ago, BenyB873 said:

4. Part is animating and deploying but no science is being executed. It just occurred to me that maybe it requires another part to function a bit like a duel scanner but I don't remember seeing anything in the description regarding that.

Nope I just had the wrong experimentID, fixed now :)

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

Some more nuculer stuff :P

Using Timber Wind 75 in LOX afterburning mode.

screenshot113.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot114.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot116.png?width=1186&height=667

screenshot121.png?width=1186&height=667

1VfB2Qn.gif

screenshot124.png?width=1186&height=667

Aah! Nuclear SLS!

Also really like the waterfall fx

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

screenshot109.png?width=1186&height=667

Hey I had some time to play a little KSP!

Mariner 10 looks like a hovering robot (i.e. nice, almost looks sci-fi despite being from '73)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

58 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

So which name did you give this one: Chernobyl, Fukushima or Three Mile Island?

I'll have you know the core stage was disposed of in a nuclear safe orbit 0_0 

Edited by Zorg

58 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Aah! Nuclear SLS!

Probably more correct to say "Mini SLS"   Notice that the SRBs are actually SRMU which is 1.875 (10ish feet Real world)  And SLS would fly with 2.5m (aka 156"  or 13ft SRBs)  

BUT, that was my first thought too!

58 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Mariner 10 looks like a hovering robot (i.e. nice, almost looks sci-fi despite being from '73)

Last I checked Isaac Asimov's Foundation book was written in the 1940s and published as an anthology in 1951.   73 had Sci-Fi too :D

*Wonders where his Foundation series of books are....*

And CRAP is a 1st Edition of the Foundation from 1951 REAL expensive ($12,500.00 USD)

Edited by Pappystein

17 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Unfortunately I don't use feet (the unit of measurement, not my biological feet)

Really?   You should.    A Foot is a lot easier to estimate with than a meter.   Look at your foot (walking tool), realize it is ABOUT a foot (measurement) in length and then go from there!

:P

3.05m then for you "lets make a new standard that makes no sense unless you are measuring the planet for large scale mapping purposes" standards user...  Oh and it has the enviable side effect of every other measurement is scaled on a 10x factor of it instead of a variable 3x scale factor!

:D

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Really?   You should.    A Foot is a lot easier to estimate with than a meter.   Look at your foot (walking tool), realize it is ABOUT a foot (measurement) in length and then go from there!

:P

3.05m then for you "lets make a new standard that makes no sense unless you are measuring the planet for large scale mapping purposes" standards user...  Oh and it has the enviable side effect of every other measurement is scaled on a 10x factor of it instead of a variable 3x scale factor!

Unless, of course, you live literally anywhere else than good ol’ Merica.

A Merican myself, I actually had to condition myself into using the metric system instead of Imperial so that I can work easily with work and etc. with Europeans and such. It’s been 4 years now, and I (like OrdinaryKerman) am a little confused every time someone gives a measurement in feet or pounds.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

A Foot is a lot easier to estimate with than a meter

Not for me. I can roughly imagine a meter, but I have no idea how big of a foot is equal to the measurement 'foot'. My feet seem to be something like 3/5ths of a foot, but I'm unsure

Edited by OrdinaryKerman