[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, Slightlylyons said:

I know Astronauts commented on how much more space the Apollo CM had over Gemini and they were able to actually move around and use the lower equipment bay for privacy. So I imagine if you nixed that you could stuff 5 guys in.

something like this?

6manapollo1.gif

The idea was to stuff all of the important junk into the orbital module so that there was room for 5 crew. I just brought this up as a practical issue: most deep space missions will require, at least, 4 crew: one pilot, one engineer, two scientists (for the science lab). Currently, there is no 4+ Kerbal capsule available in stock KSP. Not to mention, you did manage to squeeze 4 Kerbals into the Big-L passenger module.

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

Are the Apollo orbital modules going to double as KIS containers?

They will have a little bit but for serious stuff you'd want to send up a Rhea (Transtage based resupply vehicle from the MOS parts) or an AARDV.

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

Will the Gemini-MOL parts be able to use the science research thing by Angel-125 for his Gemini-MOL?

That's an open issue on Git and it will arrive at some point in the future.  I work with all the WildBlue suite a lot but haven't dug into the configs/operation of the MOLE for the purposes of bringing it over.  I'll take a look at that soon and see if I can get the compatibility configs pulled together for it.  Of course, you're more than welcome to look at them also and if you get them working share-and-share alike! :D 

3 hours ago, rasta013 said:

That's an open issue on Git and it will arrive at some point in the future.  I work with all the WildBlue suite a lot but haven't dug into the configs/operation of the MOLE for the purposes of bringing it over.  I'll take a look at that soon and see if I can get the compatibility configs pulled together for it.  Of course, you're more than welcome to look at them also and if you get them working share-and-share alike! :D 

I would kill to have someone add that compatibility for me...

Anyways, latest Apollo WIP:

hIDRhUA.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

3 hours ago, rasta013 said:

I just messaged Angel and posted on the Git thread.  I'm going to take a look at it and see what it takes to work out.

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Anyways, latest Apollo WIP:

*HMS Snipperton*

NICE! It is manifesting some Beale spirit there. It should look great with a Tantares Soyuz for ASTP. Can wait to see it with the "spectacular" map

Hey y'all! So it's Friday again, which means my good buddy @akron will be streaming. Depending on how my day goes, I might stream starting at 5PM until his stream starts at 6:30. Afterwards I'll be on his stream to provide emotional support as he goes through the extremely taxing process of re-UV mapping all his old work.

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all! So it's Friday again, which means my good buddy @akron will be streaming. Depending on how my day goes, I might stream starting at 5PM until his stream starts at 6:30. Afterwards I'll be on his stream to provide emotional support as he goes through the extremely taxing process of re-UV mapping all his old work.

In your mod package there are a wildblue dll categorizer, if i delete then how this affect the mod? I ask you because they conflict with much other mods making itens missing from editor!

3 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

In your mod package there are a wildblue dll categorizer, if i delete then how this affect the mod? I ask you because they conflict with much other mods making itens missing from editor!

Nope.  It won't harm anything.

150 pages!

SEVERAL THINGS:

1) those texture jobs look rather nice! I quite like the cartoonish look of them, it fits with the rest of the game and (to a lesser extent) the mod.

2) assuming we have FASA IVAs, could anyone tell the 'Bottachelli' pod to use the 'Big G' IVA?

3) Can SOMEONE please rename the folder in the zip from 'Gamedata' to 'GameData'? It makes it much easier by not needing me to extract the three folders three times into the game-data folder, instead just dropping it into the KSP directory once.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto