[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Gemini 6 & 7 rendezvous

Apollo-Saturn I suborbital test flight

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its because I'm using an older version and I'm too lazy to update, but the Apollo parachutes seem to be transparent.

Nice!! Apollo program fever!!

24 minutes ago, minepagan said:

I think that's because IRL it had lots of holes in it, and to save texture space/keep it stockalike it was just made solid & transparent?

Nope. Mine aren't transparent on the beta build

Speaking of the beta build and Apollo parachutes, @CobaltWolf, the parachute mounts don't disappear when the parachutes are fired when you have Apollo parachutes on White Paint instead of Bare Metal, IDK if it's been reported yet, though.

Love this mod and am totally impressed, tried to make the Saturn V model and it looks great but right as soon as it launches, the whole thing flops around like a big sausage. It seems to be something with the interstage connectors but not sure. Anyone else have the same problem? 

2 hours ago, NiteOwl04 said:

Love this mod and am totally impressed, tried to make the Saturn V model and it looks great but right as soon as it launches, the whole thing flops around like a big sausage. It seems to be something with the interstage connectors but not sure. Anyone else have the same problem? 

It's a known issue with it. You either need to install Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or use autostruts (advanced tweakables must be on). If using autostrut, strut the interstages, Apollo engine, and the engine mounts.

6 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

It's a known issue with it. You either need to install Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or use autostruts (advanced tweakables must be on). If using autostrut, strut the interstages, Apollo engine, and the engine mounts.

And the LES. Definetly the LES.

16 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

<deleted>

I hate you.

Not really its just a prank bro

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all, @minepagan has pushed another tech tree balance pass to the dev branch on Github! Please take a look at it, play through a career save a bit and let him know if things feel right!

A note to add: The tree is reccomended for use with 10% science gains in stock, and 30% in a x3.2 rescale. I also *highly* reccomend just playing science mode.

Edited by minepagan

16 hours ago, minepagan said:

To make it faster for beta testing.

Makes sense. I think its definitely worth considering the effect that contracts would have on a playthrough - such as what is being asked of the player at given points. But things like how other mods affect a playthrough, well... not our problem at that point I suppose.

~STREM TONITE~

Going to be trying to stream tonight at the usual place (promise I won't cut it short after someone buys me a game this time), with a possible appearance of a well known space journalist... :wink: Looking to start by 6 PM Eastern, but I'll have to see how my day progresses - I might be able to start earlier. I'd be looking to get more of Skylab done, maybe some other stuff. 

EDIT: Forgot the screenshot tax... I got the Skylab MDA mostly textured yesterday.

L86rr3f.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 11/28/2016 at 2:55 AM, legoclone09 said:

I didn't even know about auto struts because I hadn't played in a while, it worked perfectly after that!! Thanks!