[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

*cries in italian* dude what that is not real pizza

Send me a real one then.

25 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Wow, progress is going great on this! What is that on top of Skylab in the one picture? It looks like SPT's Spacelab.

its Eyes Turned Skywards' Spacelab (Skylab B) European Research Module (ERM), which is modeled off the IRL Spacelab.

3 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Could you include a separate part that will decouple from Skylab to simulate the "incident" that happened during launch?

Why do you want it to be broken

Here at Bluedog Design Bureau we only provide the best, mostly not broken products.

If you want broken stuff go ask @Sgt.Shutesie

DESTROYED

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

[...] Here at Bluedog Design Bureau we only provide [...] mostly not broken products. [...]

:sticktongue:

This is a joke, of course. My opinion is that decoupling a part would be a huge effort for, well, for basically nothing.

Edited by APlayer
Clarified myself

2 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Could you include a separate part that will decouple from Skylab to simulate the "incident" that happened during launch?

Negative. Not worth my time - it would basically require doubling the work I've done on the main orbital workshop segment, and then some, for little to no payoff. There is no Apollo 13 version of the Service Module, for example. Not to mention, I'm sort of rushing to power through the Skylab/Spacelab stuff right now cus, well, there's a lot more that has to be done...

18 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I clicked on your profile hoping all of your posts were variations of that one meme. :(

I'm not sure if I understand you? I just changed my profile picture as sort of a tribute to your mod. However, if this is getting old, I have paid indulgences (is that correct use of the term?) to you, so I am basically free of sins now :P 

Yeah baby, yeah!

EAyqM0w.png

...and still there are missing 2 meters in diameter and 12 meters in height. Had to make some compromises. Probably the same compromises in reverse BDB faced when they made these glorious models.

PS! Can you spot Waldo (Jeb)?

Ran out of space while building. Had to use the cellar.

qK7ycHW.png

Edited by Johnny2000

I haven't paid my screenshot tax in a while. Time to fix that.

First off, we have this lovely little item. This was born out of a late night session wondering if that part would even work like that... It turns out, yes, yes, it works very nicely in fact.

9rCWI0a.pngThat is an eight part probe, with several hundred m/s dV available. Don't sneeze, it might blow away.

Secondly, I have this number. I'll spoiler it, for space purposes and that it's a filthy, but fun, crossbreed. And just a wee bit "through the looking glass".

Spoiler

YKDbGd6.png

I was going to try to peace it up with tantares parts, but my computer is saying "NYET"... so I may fill it out with MOL parts. TBD, in any case. :)

I think NEOS would complement Skylab quite well. Skylab could contain the MSL-1000 science facilities, the ERM would have MSL-600, and an experimental airlock on Skylab (like one of the ones that the umbrella was deployed out of) could be the Materials Exposure Platform.

43 minutes ago, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

Did you actually kill Andrew Sachs or something? That's quite coincidential timing

I didn't kill him, but I didn't know he was dead, but that probably explains why i got a link to some youtube clips of Fawlty Towers from a friend.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

What's with the Saturn IB interstage on top of the Saturn V S-IVB interstage?

Did I build it wrong? Maybe I should have referred to the... Dear I say it? :D

15 hours ago, komodo said:

I haven't paid my screenshot tax in a while. Time to fix that.

Wait, there is a screenshot tax?

Well then, best I pay it!

vUzp6Bu.png

This... Is the Asimov II. It is my 'science star-ship' I have previously mentioned. It is so large, I could not think of a way to get it off Kerbin, so I built it with an extra-planetary launch-pad on Minmus, and, using tech derived from my 'Orbital car', launched it to orbit.

658o3xu.png

It's awesome.

EDIT: could there be a MM patch to put LqdHydrogen in the ore converter menu? It limits the use of a Cryogenic-based rocket to the Kerbin System, as LqdHydrogen boils off before it gets to a refuelling place, and assembling the rocket on-site cannot get any fuel. Additonally, there is a problem with range- if you go too far, you might not come back, since there is no way to keep the fuel from boiling off and no way to get more fuel from the environment.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

7 minutes ago, Jall said:

Technically, you can just right-click the tank and press the green arrow next to the lqd. Hydrogen to stop the boiloff. There's no fun in that though.

wait, really? That works?

Cool. (Literally; I can keep my cool fuel for a long time!)

Still, That ore thing would be pretty sweet.

6 minutes ago, Jall said:

Technically, you can just right-click the tank and press the green arrow next to the lqd. Hydrogen to stop the boiloff. There's no fun in that though.

Seriously? <sigh>

49 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

EDIT: could there be a MM patch to put LqdHydrogen in the ore converter menu? It limits the use of a Cryogenic-based rocket to the Kerbin System, as LqdHydrogen boils off before it gets to a refuelling place, and assembling the rocket on-site cannot get any fuel. Additonally, there is a problem with range- if you go too far, you might not come back, since there is no way to keep the fuel from boiling off and no way to get more fuel from the environment.

Nertea has an assortment of options more appropriate for beyond LKO ships. RoverDude's stuff would be the first place I would go looking for LH2 mining. You could make you own converter in less time than it took me to write this post.

Nothing special here, just a relay satellite I built based on the Ranger probes. Instead of the truss on top it has a large relay dish (hopefully it's strong enough to reach the inner planets, but I couldn't be bothered to double check that), and the two large solar panels have been replaced with four smaller ones that can track the Sun. I guess I can claim it to be unique because I actually used the Titan I to launch it (how many people can say that, I wonder?), but other than that there's not all that much to it.

vnfhqCI.png

Are you... sure this is the Titan I? For some reason it looks just a little different than the one I've seen. Eh, maybe it's just the paint job.

p8P92IJ.png

>tfw you live in the middle of Canada but get hit by a giant hurricane anyway.

RlKhqhm.png

The satellite is in a Molniya orbit, and therefore spends most of its time up away from the earth, where it can easily receive signals from interplanetary or lunar probes and bounce them down to Earth while rarely being out of contact with the network.

Y5LWDAE.png

@pTrevTrevs that looks awesome! I personally love Titan 1; it never got used in real life as an SLV since it was slightly less capable than Atlas, and they crunched the numbers and found out it would be more expensive to refurbish the limited stock of Titan 1s for SLV use than it would be to just build fresh Atlases. Why does everyone flip those batteries? :P

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/ranger.gif

Also, a bit of a heads up. I was hoping to get a fair amount of work done for BDB over my upcoming winter break, but some real life stuff came up that will disrupt the next couple weeks. So no promises on a finished Skylab, etc for the holidays.