[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

20 hours ago, TimothyC said:

unknown.png

Gemini update.

Doth mine eyes deceive?   Is that a new CSM for Gemini?... or is the perspective angle, just causing a "fatter" appearance?

Edited by Pappystein

On 5/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, Pappystein said:

So hopefully someone here can help me.   I use Mechjeb in my career.   I have a simple file with the following lines of code and am wondering why it does not work for JUST BlueDog DB.  

Any thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
    %MODULE[MechJebCore]
//snipped the unlock points just to save space

}

every other control point device (Command pods, to Probe cores,) I get Mechjeb right out of the gate.  

I obviously have the same problem with my code to add Engineer to the command modules and again only with BDB.

TIA

I can't think of a reason something like that would only fail on BDB parts. I assume KER still has the partless option, you shouldn't need anything but a checkbox for that.

This is my standard MechJeb-For-All patch. Never had an issue.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:Final
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
    }
}

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Doth mine eyes deceive?   Is that a new CSM for Gemini?... or is the perspective angle, just causing a "fatter" appearance?

It is new, and offers a proper base for a 1.875m docking port. It also works as a good MOL/MOS adapter.

Edited by TimothyC

We have a kind of reverse Gemini 8 situation going on with the github's gemini! Only one of the thruster on each rotation control block can fire, which means gimped controls unless using using the reentry RCS, à-la Neil Armstrong :confused:
RxSAvC8.png?1

JOblGNy.png?1

On 5/13/2017 at 8:27 PM, TimothyC said:

It is new, and offers a proper base for a 1.875m docking port. It also works as a good MOL/MOS adapter.

Can't wait to see it live!   My Pregnant Gemini will look a little better with that. (Pregnant due to the one man lander carried between LR91 stage and Transtage.)

Of-course it won't look pregnant when the 3.125 Titan Barbarian is released.   Since that is just slightly larger than my lander's diameter.

Edited by Pappystein

11 hours ago, 500Motels said:

We have a kind of reverse Gemini 8 situation going on with the github's gemini! Only one of the thruster on each rotation control block can fire, which means gimped controls unless using using the reentry RCS, à-la Neil Armstrong :confused:

*Snip*

*Snip*

It's a feature. more realistic.

13 hours ago, 500Motels said:

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It's a feature. more realistic.

Check Github, it should be fixed now. You may have to rebuild the craft, I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Can't wait to see it live!   My Pregnant Gemini will look a little better with that. (Pregnant due to the one man lander carried between LR91 stage and Transtage.)

Of-course it won't look pregnant when the 3.125 Titan Barbarian is released.   Since that is just slightly larger than my lander's diameter.

11 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

At the risk of playing down the hype, Titan-Barbarian and LDC-Titan are a ways off yet.

Unfortunately, yes. LDC Titan ( @Foxxonius Augustus to be clear, it's one set of parts that represent the 'average' of all the big Titan proposals - it's not a separate set of parts for LDC Titan and Titan Barbarian) is still a long ways off. I was just messing with it because I was prodded to do so and didn't feel like working on anything else.

The alternate Gemini SM may or may not actually be added, idk. It's up to how many people want it. I'm at the point where I'd feel guilty about essentially just moving some vertices around the same part again. It definitely fits the docking ring better. Also, real quick, I didn't realize I never implemented the shorter Gemini-MOL service module that matches the angle of the capsule and is shorter. @tg626 made it but I forgot to add it to Github.The docking ring needs a serious pass, but in the future it should be a nicer part to use, with folding and/or toggleable dishes to make your fairings more streamlined. For those that don't know, that was a real quick attempt in Maya to recreate an image from @e of pi's Dawn of the Dragon ATL. Hopefully the designs/missions performed by China in that ATL can be recreated using BDB in the future. (see bottom of post)
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/tliaw-dawn-of-the-dragon.383156/

On the subject of landers - the geometry of the Gemini lander's frame was changed after some suggestions by @Daelkyr and now actually fits in a 1.875m shroud. So, hurray?

aVSwA82.pngmIcMYRw.png

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Unfortunately, yes. LDC Titan ( @Foxxonius Augustus@tg626 to be clear, it's one set of parts that represent the 'average' of all the big Titan proposals - it's not a separate set of parts for LDC Titan and Titan Barbarian) is still a long ways off. I was just messing with it because I was prodded to do so and didn't feel like working on anything else

I know you have a lot of work to do on it and I know you have other higher priorities but I for one like the initial Geometry. But this, when you have the time and inclination to do it will be a good compliment for Big-Gemini as well as Mun landers.   Eventually :P

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

The alternate Gemini SM may or may not actually be added, idk. It's up to how many people want it. I'm at the point where I'd feel guilty about essentially just moving some vertices around the same part again. It definitely fits the docking ring better.

Also, real quick, I didn't realize I never implemented the shorter Gemini-MOL service module that matches the angle of the capsule and is shorter. @tg626 made it but I forgot to add it to Github.

1) I am all for an alternative Gemini SM.   The TRAILS one is too narrow looking, to my view, because it comes to a sharp point (mostly there is no "waist" looking area that is slightly larger at the junction of the capsule with the CSM.   Truthfully the Gemini should have a stand alone decoupler similar to the Apollo CM/CSM.   This should be slightly larger diameter than the CSM's front/top diameter (or at-least change the angle.)    I fully understand WHY we DON'T have that and am OK with it.   I am just making clear that visually the CSM should slope in at a little more acute of an angel and then a nearly flat sided, larger diameter Decoupler or similar device should join the CM to the CSM.

2) I hope we see BOTH of those CSMs :)

3 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Go chill on the Mün for this summer with our contractor Bluedog Design Bureau ...

G28Awjv.png

Um I wish to report a failure of an umbilical.  I see that is not covered by your exception list at the bottom of the image.  No corrosive liquids were spilled with this failure but my 800k money units rocket did not make orbit :)

12 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Um I wish to report a failure of an umbilical.  I see that is not covered by your exception list at the bottom of the image.  No corrosive liquids were spilled with this failure but my 800k money units rocket did not make orbit :)

Not liable, pay for it yourself.

57 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

oops, im using 6.4. whelp.

No worries, BDB has an inbuilt "Blue SMURFF" that automagically balances rockets to modded solar systems.

You probably want to install Cryogenic Engines to give upper stages some more kick.

At that scale you also want the rescaled Saturn V from the "Extras" folder that will give you the spare DeltaV needed.

Happy Mooning!

Edited by TheRedTom

22 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

No worries, BDB has an inbuilt "Blue SMURFF" that automagically balances rockets to modded solar systems.

You probably want to install Cryogenic Engines to give upper stages some more kick.

At that scale you also want the rescaled Saturn V from the "Extras" folder that will give you the spare DeltaV needed.

Happy Mooning!

I am pretty sure we have our own native Cryo Engines functionality, since trying to balance Saturn with stock LFO became impossible (the increased density of LFO upper stages become an exponential issue, and we wound up needing the F-1s at something like 90% of their real world thrust output!)

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I am pretty sure we have our own native Cryo Engines functionality, since trying to balance Saturn with stock LFO became impossible (the increased density of LFO upper stages become an exponential issue, and we wound up needing the F-1s at something like 90% of their real world thrust output!)

My mistake, I remember a time when Cryo was an optional extra :P

On a separate note, any plan to do the ASTP docking module?

Edited by TheRedTom
Added extra question

17 minutes ago, slyfoxninja said:

I love your mod man and I'm glad it's come this far! Any chance of a team up with the modder that does Probes Plus? I know he's got a sweet looking Surveyor probe that needs an Atlas-Centaur rocket.

I mean, we talked about our significant others on the phone this morning but I can't say I know him that closely. :P And what do you mean, we have an Atlas-Centaur! (that's old. and ugly. and has to be remade)

My class let out super early (the professor showed up just to tell us to go home and apologize for not having anything for today, long story) which means I'm home early enough for it to be worth streaming! Come to Twitch and check out something special/unique I've been working on.