[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Yeah, I'm still not that interested in Delta IV, but someone was working on a Delta 3 DCSS for me. It's not going to be here any time soon, but if it ever does get added it'll be harder to justify not just finishing the darn family.

For the record, the CBC cores should be 3.125m in game.

Finally finished Metro Exodus (review below in the spoiler) so development should be resuming shortly.

Spoiler

I generally enjoyed the game a lot.

It wrapped up quicker than I expected. There's really only two big open naps. There's a third but you a forced to move through it linearly. The first hour or so was a complete train wreck but it picked up quickly. With that said it was a great time and I think if you treat it like a Metro game and don't go in expecting Fallout 4 or Far Cry, you'll enjoy it.

That caveat also means it falls into the traps that previous games had, like the lore and exposition being dumped in monologues by NPCs and diary entries. However I would say that, for what that is, this game does it exceptionally. The writing of the NPCs is fantastic and they feel like real people on this incredible journey with you.

Of course the gunplay and stealth help carry the game a lot like the previous ones. They are both improved from previous games.

I hope they add DLC that slots in another chapter or two into the story, I'm dying for more.

Overall I rate 8.5/10

9 hours ago, Abpilot said:

@CobaltWolf can i request the Delta IV :) 

Delta_IV_family.png

I used this mod to build a delta IV heavy 

you'll need to merge the contents of the mk III block II optional addon into the cormorant aeronology folder(contrary to every single other mod..but this is the way its done for this one), as you need the liquid rocket boosters from the block II to make it work. 

Edited by RaiderMan

Also SSTU has everything needed to make a Delta IV (any variant.)  IIRC Shadowmage uses the 3.125m form factor (but I could be wrong... while I use SSTU it is mostly for the COS/DOS Station parts.)  The only Tricky part is that SSTU has variable tank and SRB sizes so you need to size it all by Eyeball.

Edited by Pappystein

20 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Also SSTU has everything needed to make a Delta IV (any variant.)  IIRC Shadowmage uses the 3.125m form factor (but I could be wrong... while I use SSTU it is mostly for the COS/DOS Station parts.)  The only Tricky part is that SSTU has variable tank and SRB sizes so you need to size it all by Eyeball.

and what SHOULD be a quick 20 minute build and fly has a way of ballooning into a 3+hour long head scratcher session ^^;

Always had a bit of fun combining BDB and the larger DMagic parts. revisited the concept today with a MOL

"Peaceful civilian station" launched on military Titan III

SBTrP9Lh.png

transtage for orbital maneuvering

1autRMhh.png

Cargo bay contains life support AND NOTHING ELSE!

2tB3xBeh.png

Large binocular surveillance camera  agricultural surveyor takes up most of the equipment. Living space is reduced to a single combined lab/hab. Its ok, the only equipment inside is a photo development kit.

k437bxdh.png

Atlas Agena brings up the final piece

3JRVYgTh.png

h5nIoobh.png

One more high resolution camera for totally peaceful non nefarious purposes.

qhEQ2Yph.png

kWD9SdTh.png

note: Both DMagic surveillance cameras were tweakscaled to fit.

23 hours ago, scottadges said:

In Russian (which I don't speak, only learning) the word I believe is: Опасность

But on the side of the little motor is written: дангер (danger)

It is like that on all parts and thats awesome

ps im russian

Edited by Gapone

2 hours ago, Gapone said:

ps im russian

Oh cool, so is this the right word for English "danger": Опасность?

And in other Russian-BDB-related non-sequiturs... what is the context of the latest update title: Брyно

Surely not....

Spoiler

%D0%9F%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80_%D1

Ok sorry... I just couldn't help myself after googling what the title might mean. LOL 

I'll stop spamming this thread now! :P

Edited by scottadges

2 hours ago, scottadges said:

And in other Russian-BDB-related non-sequiturs... what is the context of the latest update title: Брyно

Surely not....

Reveal hidden contents

Ok sorry... I just couldn't help myself after googling what the title might mean. LOL 

The update title is "Bruno", as in Tory Bruno, since there is so much ULA stuff this update.

13 hours ago, scottadges said:

Yes, but when painted on a rocket part it is more "Осторожно"

Edited by Gapone

7 hours ago, Gapone said:

It is like that on all parts and thats awesome

ps im russian

5 hours ago, scottadges said:

Surely not....

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, Gapone said:

Yes, but when painted on a rocket part it is more "Внимание" or "Осторожно"

It's English text transliterated to Cyrillic. I kinda prefer that it's gibberish. :)

2 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

What should the Delta-P look like?

Currently use of the Delta P would be a Ablestar tank with the LEM Decent engine.   I tend to use the small Delta K tank that was converted to an Avionics module (I have a personal file that converts it back to fuel) and the Ablestar because I feel it is closer to correct fuel load (atleast burn time is closer.)

2 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

The Delta-P tankage and engine haven't been implemented yet.

The engine has been in the game since Apollo Moon lander was implemented.  The Delta P is powered by the exact same TR-201 that powered the Apollo Decent stage.   Delta P (much like most of NASA's Delta program) reused parts from other rockets.  The RS-27 is a re-belled H-1 Engine (turbopumps etc that were made for H-1s were "upgraded" to RS-27 standard the only physical difference is in the engine nozzle itself... for the most part.)   The Tankage was a stretched Ablestar I believe and the engine for Delta P was TR-201 without any modifications.   The prime feature of TR-201 was the pintle injector which reduced the complexity of restart mechanisms and therefor reduced overall engine cost while increasing reliability.

41 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Decided to make Salyut-Skylab and it turned out great!

Err um... Goes and quickly starts KSP... Where did I put that space station... 

Seriously that is pretty tight grouping and I like the concept.   You are making me want to launch a Skylab module to my DOS & COS based station.  

Since we're in the mood...I'll bandwagon!

First tript to Ceti (Galileo's Planet Pack).  Muo (Atlas) IIIB with a Gemini and Micro Lander under a procedural fairing.

xqeeNds.png

D63awIV.png

Spent the rest of the day putting a MOS into orbit.  I'm running WBI for the first time so it got a bit confusing with all the experiments and stuff.  A modified Leo "Augustus" AORV on a Titan II was a relatively cost effective way to fix things.  Second port is ready to receive a Belle AORV (they're rubbish, but I have to use all the things, right?)

N4TZK8M.png

Edited by Friznit