[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Much better. :) This update is really looking great. I wish everyone had your attention to details. :) Eh, I don't mind you taking a while to transition to KSP2, if you do it quickly I might have to pay full price for it just to have the latest BDB. :)

I second that!!! :cool:

7 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Much better. :) This update is really looking great. I wish everyone had your attention to details. :) Eh, I don't mind you taking a while to transition to KSP2, if you do it quickly I might have to pay full price for it just to have the latest BDB. :) 

Can you put a gimbal module on B9PS? I think that the best way to do it would be indeed a pair of switchers. One for turbopump/performance (I suspect the latter would only come into play in RSS) and one for start tanks. RS-27A, I'd suggest putting on a separate part, since it's kind of a "vacuum" RS-27. If you can fit RS-27 on the model, great, but don't be afraid to make it a separate part, too. A switchable nozzle is a possibility, but IMO, cramming too many engines into a single part might be a bit confusing for players. 

As for verniers, aside from faired and exposed versions, could you try to fit this variant on the texture sheet?

Basically, a small, wedge-shaped cover, as seen on Thor missile. 

I'm not sure what you mean. I just double checked and the RS-27 is seemingly indistinguishable from an LR-79. We can have switchers combined together - so the performance switch can also add/remove the start tanks, change the shape of the engine bell (I actually intended to do that for the existing RS-27 but I probably just won't bother since it looks like I'm ripping it out of the boattail), etc. And then for practical reasons, a switch for a couple alternate shapes for the exhaust pipe. There is actually already a switch for the RS-27/RS-27A, and the GEMs can switch between ground and air lit versions complete with the different sized nozzle.

There's already multiple other LR-101 variants - I'm just making the version for Thor/Delta that I showed. I don't have room for anything more (indeed, there's less there to the model than you might think - just enough to make you think it's all there). So, sorry. If I had all the piping and stuff modeled I might but... idk you'd still have AO bake issues.

53 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure what you mean. I just double checked and the RS-27 is seemingly indistinguishable from an LR-79. We can have switchers combined together - so the performance switch can also add/remove the start tanks, change the shape of the engine bell (I actually intended to do that for the existing RS-27 but I probably just won't bother since it looks like I'm ripping it out of the boattail), etc. And then for practical reasons, a switch for a couple alternate shapes for the exhaust pipe. There is actually already a switch for the RS-27/RS-27A, and the GEMs can switch between ground and air lit versions complete with the different sized nozzle.

The most notable difference between RS-27 (a H-1 derivative) and LR-79 is the lack of the big lubricant tank and addition of a solid-fuel starter ("turbine spinner"):
s-3d-vs-h-1-color.jpg

Do note that the flexible joints (yellow harmonicas) are back on the RS-27, because of how it's mounted. Also, the pipes that tap off the propellants for the gas generator may be attached in different places, though I have no info on that (just the fact that these pipes had to be flexible on S-3D and not on H-1, again due to mounting peculiarities).

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

The most notable difference between RS-27 (a H-1 derivative) and LR-79 is the lack of the big lubricant tank and addition of a solid-fuel starter ("turbine spinner"):
s-3d-vs-h-1-color.jpg

Do note that the flexible joints (yellow harmonicas) are back on the RS-27, because of how it's mounted. Also, the pipes that tap off the propellants for the gas generator may be attached in different places, though I have no info on that (just the fact that these pipes had to be flexible on S-3D and not on H-1, again due to mounting peculiarities).

I... Might be able to do that actually, given how well it looked with the other tanks removed. I'm not at that PC anymore so I cant check until tomorrow. But I did actually put the gas generator in so I guess I can just add a little thingy to it. And I guess it used a FABU? I can probably do that.

2 minutes ago, Barzon said:

Hey, uh, for the Thor revamp, do you think you could add a little toggleable RAF insignia on the Kerosene tank? 

You're probably better off using Nebula. I do plan on remembering to add flag transforms though.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I... Might be able to do that actually, given how well it looked with the other tanks removed. I'm not at that PC anymore so I cant check until tomorrow. But I did actually put the gas generator in so I guess I can just add a little thingy to it. And I guess it used a FABU? I can probably do that.

Well, there's only so many ways to keep a turbopump lubricated. :) So yeah, I'd expect it to have a FABU. Early RS-27s, as far as I know, were literally leftover Saturn H-1s converted for Delta use. 

1 hour ago, t6jesse said:

@CobaltWolf thanks for all the hard work! I'm honestly amazed every day I check the forums and see how much has already changed, and it's such high quality. I waited a long time to dive into BDB because I was worried about the mod size, but it really wasn't bad at all for RAM

Just looking at screen shots it is hard to believe but once you actually play with it it wont surprise you that one of the original design principles was low ram usage.

16 hours ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Really excited for the next release, I'm pretty hyped for the remade Titan II parts, they look great from what I've seen. This mod still works in 1.8 for me, but 1.8 doesn't like very many of my other mods ;.;

2 hours ago, t6jesse said:

@CobaltWolf thanks for all the hard work! I'm honestly amazed every day I check the forums and see how much has already changed, and it's such high quality. I waited a long time to dive into BDB because I was worried about the mod size, but it really wasn't bad at all for RAM

Thank you both so much! It's always really great to hear that people are excited for BDB :) 

I do try and keep it reasonable; there's still a lot of "sometimes you have to crack a few eggs" but I try to keep things manageable and consistent. And, if all else fails, the mod is prunable. :)

12 hours ago, ethan2226 said:

Will this mod be updated for version 1.8.x

Yes, I was already aiming for the new release to come out next Friday, hopefully everything like dependencies are good to go by then. :)

I'm more concerned with the new BDB working with 1.7.3. :) I use it with JNSQ, and it'll take time to update that with new ground textures and shaders (and besides, I need some HD space, which is not forthcoming at the moment). I don't think it'll be a problem, TBH, there just isn't enough time to make major changes from the 1.7.3 dev versions.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, Dragon01 said:

I don't suppose the white thingy on the left side of the engine in this image would be the FABU, would it?

qygP3uo.jpg

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't suppose the white thingy on the left side of the engine in this image would be the FABU, would it?

I don't think so. More likely, it's the shadowed cylinder on the right. 

@CobaltWolf WOW just wwow  I literally went wow on seeing those pics, the mod looks amazing! May I ask, what graphics mods are you using to get that glow and atmospheric effects?

@MadMan! hey lovely craft, Saturn II and BE-4? Where are those engines from? Where are those landing legs from? Looks really lovely, and what'd you use for the graphics?