[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

something something poignant something something emotional words of congratulations to Cobaltwolf something something.

Real talk though there's a reason this has been a default part of my KSP installs ever since it was just a hodgepodge of simple Mercury and Gemini parts. 

1 hour ago, subyng said:

So are they separate icons on the tech tree or do they appear *in* the nodes for advanced and heavy rocketry? What I meant is that I didn't see any new icons on my tech tree.

They appear IN the nodes. The upgrades will appear as virtual parts, for atlas, they will have LR89 icons. Like so

MFqGG8Bl.png

You can use 1.7.3 with it, you know? :) In fact, due to JNSQ not being updated for 1.8 (and 1.8 being a bugfest), it's probably better experienced that way.

So I was on spacedock downloading the official 1.8.0 compliant BDB... and I noticed something that didn't get edited for the new version in the Description (Information Tab):

Mercury spacecraft (Courtesy of Bloeting Aerospace Corp)
Gemini spacecraft (Courtesy of Trails Manufacturing Co.)
Apollo Block I and II spacecraft, as featured in REAL LIFE!
Apollo Block III, III+, IV, and V spacecraft, from Eyes Turned Skywards
AARDV "Aardvark" autonomous resupply vehicle, also from Eyes
Modular 1.875m station parts for Gemini-era space stations
Skylab station parts
Spacelab (from Eyes) station parts
Vanguard rocket and probe
Scout rocket
Redstone rocket, with Sergeant clusters and Explorer 1
Juno II, IV rockets
Diamant rocket (All variants)
Thor-Delta rocket (Almost all variants can be made)
Delta 2 rocket (Including upper stage and a variety GEM SRBs)
Atlas rocket (everything from Atlas A up through Atlas V 551)
Agena upper stage (All variants)
Vega (old Kerolox upper stage for Atlas)
Centaur D, G, G', T, V upper stages
Titan 1, 2, 3, 4 rockets, with SRMs and Transtage (No IUS yet!)
Saturn 1, 1B, V
Saturn 1C and Saturn Multibody from Eyes
New probe cores
New antennas and dishes
New science experiments In total, nearly 400 parts!

Titan, Saturn are in Latin numerals.   Juno, and Apollo are in Roman Numerals.   Titan and Saturn were either in Roman Numerals or Roman + Latin Numerals (Titan III-C or Titan 23C for example.)

Isn't IUS in the game now?

Delta II and Delta III (again Latin instead of Roman Numerals and no mention of Delta III.) Special mission of Courtesy of Blowfish for the DCSS would be awesome as well, Like Bloeting and Trails...

I believe the part count is significantly OVER 400 parts!

Maybe want to mention the new Part Upgrade system that improves upon that of Stock Game play by allowing you to REVERT an upgrade a will.

Diamant?!

Hope this is helpful.  I am probably missing a thing or two (Atlas CELV, Atlas 3.125, LDC Titan just came to mind!)

4 hours ago, MrDontCare said:

Yes it is.

I'm still on 1.7.3. CKAN didn't upgrade me to BDB 1.6. I was able to force an upgrade.

The CKAN metadata should be revised to indicate compatability with KSP 1.7.3 (not just 1.8).

Edited by Teslamax

26 minutes ago, Teslamax said:

I'm still on 1.7.3. CKAN didn't upgrade me to BDB 1.6. I was able to force an upgrade.

The CKAN metadata should be revised to indicate compatability with KSP 1.7.3 and 1.8.

That must be a CKAN issue I think.
I am running a clean install of ksp v1.8 with just mechjeb and kerbal engineer and of course BDB 1.6 btw.

Edited by MrDontCare
misspelling

51 minutes ago, Carni35 said:

Hi !

Excellent work !

But there is something I don't understand. I'm doing Vanguard 1 and  the Able AJ10-37 need a pressure fed tank. But the Able 100 liqued fuel engine is not pressurized... I guess I'm missing something ?

It sound like you are using another mod that is altering how BDB works.     BDB was just updated, and as such any 3rd party mod that alters BDB would be responsible to update it's settings for BDB.     A Pressure fed engine (as a game setting or effect) is NOT a thing in stock KSP nor is it a thing in BDB.

Many of the parts that were replaced received new internal names and that breaks 3rd party mod compatibility.  

Hope that helps you solve your issue!

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, MrDontCare said:

I am running a clean install of ksp v1.8 with just mechjeb and kerbal engineer and of course BDB 1.6 btw.

I meant that CKAN didn't allow me to install BDB 1.6 on KSP 1.7.3.

CKAN thinks BDB 1.6 is only compatible with KSP 1.8.

2 hours ago, Teslamax said:

I meant that CKAN didn't allow me to install BDB 1.6 on KSP 1.7.3.

CKAN thinks BDB 1.6 is only compatible with KSP 1.8.

And others: BDB v2.6 includes an as-yet unreleased version (v2.11.0.1) of B9PartSwitch that blowfish did a quick recompile for KSP 1.8. It cannot be used in KSP 1.7.x; for that use the last 1.7.3 version, which is v2.11.0.

That's probably what's causing the CKAN issues.

6 hours ago, Teslamax said:

The CKAN metadata should be revised to indicate compatability with KSP 1.7.3 (not just 1.8).

1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

And others: BDB v2.6 includes an as-yet unreleased version (v2.11.0.1) of B9PartSwitch that blowfish did a quick recompile for KSP 1.8. It cannot be used in KSP 1.7.x; for that use the last 1.7.3 version, which is v2.11.0.

That's probably what's causing the CKAN issues.

CKAN for BDB seems to be set up with Spacedock. So it thinks its only compatible with 1.8. Will request CKAN folks to mark as compatible with 1.7.3

The version file in the 1.7.3 version of the release I just pulled off of github appears to have old data, indicating it's only compatible with KSP 1.6.0 to 1.6.99; this may be contributing to the CKAN weirdness.

Spoiler

{
    "NAME": "Bluedog Design Bureau",
    "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases",
    "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Bluedog_DB.version",
    "VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 5,
        "PATCH": 2,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": {
        "MINOR": 6,
        "PATCH": 1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
        "PATCH": 99
    }
}

3 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

The version file in the 1.7.3 version of the release I just pulled off of github appears to have old data, indicating it's only compatible with KSP 1.6.0 to 1.6.99; this may be contributing to the CKAN weirdness.

Hide contents

That was an oversight yes! Already fixed for the next patch release. However, the current bdb CKAN file doesnt actually look at the version file, its pulling the compatibility data directly from the spacedock API. Spacedock as far as I can tell can only specify one version of KSP as compatible with a given update but we will speak to the ckan people and resolve it.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, Zorg said:

huzzah!  What an epic update!

Celebratory last of the Titans post :)

~snip~

That might be the best one, too. :)

On 10/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, Daishi said:

first

On 10/25/2019 at 9:05 AM, Stevphfeniey said:

lU29aWB.png

On 10/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, Beale said:

You are a good boy

On 10/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, Well said:

Congrats  :prograde: this is a really nice update!

BlueDog forever :rep:

On 10/25/2019 at 9:32 AM, Zarbon44 said:

A Titan moment in celebration.

Thank you for the amazing mod.

23 hours ago, Robban279 said:

Thank you so much! This looks amazing.. 

<3

22 hours ago, G'th said:

I did a @Zorg

bootifulll

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

This is probably the finest body of artwork to come out of KSP. Congratulations @CobaltWolf - this magnum opus will probably only be equalled by your next release. 

I have been privileged to watch this evolve over the last few months and it's really stellar, and I want to highlight a few things. In my opinion it's not clear enough to the average user how much work Cobalt has put into making this accurate - from trawling through blurry pdfs for reference to getting ahold of actual industry personnel to confirm the locations of tiny RCS thrusters. It's an amazing show of dedication to the project and should be lauded. It's gotten so good that I now look at BDB models for reference *first*. Cobalt has a talent for distilling the elements of a crazy, wire-covered engine into something clear, recognizable and artistically clean. I love it. 

But not content with producing mad accuracy, Cobalt has in my mind singlehandedly managed to prove to the community that realistic does not have to mean importing NASA models into KSP or similar. It's not just accurate, it exudes style and all fits together damn perfectly. That's a massive achievement in my books. I think that he's managed to collect such a legion of followers and people who make screenshots that are too good is a testament to this. 

Watching BDB evolve has been a pleasure (and a sadness because now I have to compete).

Congrats again.

21 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

To put it eloquently, trying to fathom the scale of this update after seeing the changelog and all these screenshots, is like standing in Godzilla's footprint and somehow not knowing yet what Godzilla is and that he was just here. It's simply so big and so great, and I agree with Nertea in that I've seen just how sensitive and eager @CobaltWolf is towards ensuring all the little details are present in any part he makes. Congrats on this gigantic release. It's like a whole new mega parts pack in itself due to all those new and improved part families.

21 hours ago, G'th said:

something something poignant something something emotional words of congratulations to Cobaltwolf something something.

Real talk though there's a reason this has been a default part of my KSP installs ever since it was just a hodgepodge of simple Mercury and Gemini parts. 

acD8kh5.png

18 hours ago, MrDontCare said:

Been waiting for this for so long. Managed to catch a few twitch streams of you making it to.  Also I just had to make a donation to you for this, cause I would feel to bad using it for free :D

Thank you SO much! I finally managed to get stuff together for a modest PC upgrade (and cobbling together a desktop for my partner) so that helps offset it :)

18 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

@CobaltWolf is it on ckan yet

15 hours ago, Teslamax said:

14 hours ago, MrDontCare said:

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

CKAN for BDB seems to be set up with Spacedock. So it thinks its only compatible with 1.8. Will request CKAN folks to mark as compatible with 1.7.3

6 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    "NAME": "Bluedog Design Bureau",
    "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases",
    "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Bluedog_DB.version",
    "VERSION": {
        "MINOR": 5,
        "PATCH": 2,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": {
        "PATCH": 1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
        "PATCH": 99
    }
}

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

That was an oversight yes! Already fixed for the next patch release. However, the current bdb CKAN file doesnt actually look at the version file, its pulling the compatibility data directly from the spacedock API. Spacedock as far as I can tell can only specify one version of KSP as compatible with a given update but we will speak to the ckan people and resolve it.

Ok, we pushed a fix for the .version file and a couple other minor things. For people who install manually, you can grab the new version from Github.

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.61 "титан"

• update .version file
  • kerolox config for LR87-AJ11-Vac
  • some plume updates

The CKAN stuff should sorted out as soon as Zorg talks to them about reading from the .version file instead of the Spacedock API.

I'm glad this update is out so I can get back to work...

0Ru5ctB.png
qFpalGL.png
qP0Jy6U.png
ZZV4MCW.png
4Ex4pSP.png
NJCYLHu.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

18 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

@CobaltWolf is it on ckan yet

15 hours ago, Teslamax said:

7 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

BDB should be installable via CKAN back to KSP 1.6.1 now

2DZR7ASl.png