[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Thanks!  I figured something like that was going on because of some oddities of actually trying to find the parts that were used in the craft file.  By the way @Friznit does impressive work. His wiki is super helpful when trying to recreate the craft that you intended with all of your mod parts.  Kudos to both of you.  

As a side note, do any of your parts make use TexturesUnlimited to turn any of the metallic parts shiny?

Ranger/Mariner Battery Pack

mesbTqu.png

Ranger/Mariner Midcourse Correction Engine

XW5kxm5.png

Mariner 2 finished model

enUvnI9.png
dgRh0p2.png
c1626yi.png
DFARVSE.png

I don't know what's happening anymore but this definitely isn't historical, not even a proposal

hecc u Akron if I can't make surveyor ill make my own lander

SQlAaG6.png

KkEakmm.png

Theres a really good Surveyor in Coatl Probes Plus. I recreated the Apollo 12 visit to Surveyor 3 with BDB and Coatl, and they look pretty good together. I don't know if @CobaltWolf was planning on doing it too (you might have other reasons to do or not to)

8iipgr9gwjy31.png

Edit: I was originally gonna make my own Surveyor using the Dona(?) landing legs from BDB since they look just like the Surveyor's legs

Edited by t6jesse

10 hours ago, Jebihean Kerman said:

help i cant download this mod i try to do a mod support way to download but it still didn't work please help me mi also i big fan of this mod and i really want to try it out . Help?

First off, glad you are excited by this mod.   Download the current release here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/442/Bluedog Design Bureau

THEN, ( I am assuming your KSP is the 1.8.1 version and is up to date)

Open the Zip file and copy the folders IN the GameData folder to your GameData folder in KSP.   To be clear we are only copying the GameData folder out of the zip. The Rest is extra stuff.

Open Your Game Data folder in the game's directory and verify that you have the following four Folders (DMagicScienceAnimate, CommunityResourcePack, Bluedog_DB, B9PartSwitch  and the file ModuleManager.4.1.0)

Start the game.  

The other Folders beyond GameData are for extra features... you have to be a more than a little experienced to use any of those (DON'T USE THEM NOW AS YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS!)

If you still have issues follow the steps in the link in my signature!

Edited by Pappystein
Cleared up text to make more readable

14 hours ago, t6jesse said:

Theres a really good Surveyor in Coatl Probes Plus. I recreated the Apollo 12 visit to Surveyor 3 with BDB and Coatl, and they look pretty good together. I don't know if @CobaltWolf was planning on doing it too (you might have other reasons to do or not to)

Edit: I was originally gonna make my own Surveyor using the Dona(?) landing legs from BDB since they look just like the Surveyor's legs

I'm actually quite good friends with the author of Coatl Probes+, so I don't feel any real need to overlap with his content (despite the differences in art style over the years)

Mariner 2 WIP - would people prefer I work on Ranger/Mariner stuff this weekend, or work on getting the 1.6.2 hotfix stuff done? It's basically a choice of what y'all want to have before December - Ranger/Mariner or hotfix.

QiqGnuW.pngay6Nvqq.png
gFgxZLd.png

And some previews of stuff that's much less finished:

ViWPptj.png
dkxaekb.png
OF84DvR.png

On 11/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, Galland1998 said:

Thanks!  I figured something like that was going on because of some oddities of actually trying to find the parts that were used in the craft file.  By the way @Friznit does impressive work. His wiki is super helpful when trying to recreate the craft that you intended with all of your mod parts.  Kudos to both of you.  

As a side note, do any of your parts make use TexturesUnlimited to turn any of the metallic parts shiny?

I'm glad you find them useful.  Do please let me know if there's anything you think is missing or could be clearer.

Beautiful shots as always @Zorg

Hello all! I am currently working on rebalancing all BDB antennas and would like some user input. Would you prefer it if historical antennas for interplanetary missions (e.g. Mariner, Helios, Apollo Venus Flyby, etc.) covered ALL of the target planet's orbit or only enough to complete the mission as it happened IRL?

https://strawpoll.com/dk6yzdcx <-- Vote here

4 hours ago, Jebihean Kerman said:

Pappystein it didn't work i think why B9Parts is a very dangerous mod for my game so it might be that but if is not what could it be? can i get help for the creator or someone else please?

1) B9PS is REQUIRED for BDB to work properly.  You remove it, you remove a good chunk of BDB.

2) as DeltaDizzy has already said we will need, at a Minimum, a Screenshot of the Gamedata folder to see what other mods you are running.   Ideally we would like the logs as well posted to whatever you favorite File sharing website is (onedrive, Dropbox, Pastebin, etc.)

Those new Ranger/Mariner parts are amazing looking.  Is the block II Ranger going to have a shroud underneath the capsule that covers the retro motor? 

I've been using BDB since the beginning, and your latest revamps are beyond excellent.  Having tons of fun with the new Thor and Agena parts!

1 minute ago, Carni35 said:

Hi !

I was wondering what is the power source of Geminis pod and service module ?

I try to do Gemini 5 (with Kerbalism) and the spaceship run out of power way before the two days of the mission.

right click on the SM and enable the fuel cell. Depending on if you use a certain optional patch or not it burns MP or works like a normal cell and reacts H2 with O2 and outputs water.

12 hours ago, JRoc2112 said:

Those new Ranger/Mariner parts are amazing looking.  Is the block II Ranger going to have a shroud underneath the capsule that covers the retro motor? 

I've been using BDB since the beginning, and your latest revamps are beyond excellent.  Having tons of fun with the new Thor and Agena parts!

Yeah I haven't quite figured out what's going on with Ranger Block II. I'm focusing on getting Mariner 2 cleaned up and in game (if only because I have the most documentation for that one) and then moving on to the Rangers in more detail.