[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, rcollier said:

1.7 development

On the list for fixes now :)

5 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Just to report it, gemini pod's light seem don't work (at least in my game).

While others BDB pods work fine ;) 

Er I'm not able to reproduce this. The lights seem to work fine for me. Do you have any mods that control lights or anything?

13 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I dunno, It's kind of beautiful...

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

On Apollo subsatellite: my size is OK, but it has a ghost of Pioneer 3 on top:

Reveal hidden contents

ttps://i.imgur.com/uklj6sb.png[/img]uklj6sb.png

BDB 1.6.2 on KSP 1.7.3, all dependencies and other mods are of correct (1.7.3) versions.

Oh dear...

kkLMwXX.png

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The booze effect *duck*

I assume that's in reference to the subsat thing? Yeah I really have no freaking idea how that could have happened..? I literally opened up a Unity scene, changed the name of a single transform (there were two sunCatcher2's and no sunCatcher6) and re-exported and then saw the scaling issue. I open the Unity scene back up and the XYZ scales on the subsat were all 100? I don't know how? And then apparently.. Pioneer 3/4 is there? That doesn't even live in the same Unity project ahhhhhhhh

Have a Ranger Block 1 everyone...

I think I can set up the electrostatic analyzer to be a 3-part experiment which is exciting!

aVDxjPY.png
3wTpknM.png
4nc0XuI.png

25 minutes ago, boidtman123 said:

WILL YOU EVER DO VOYAGER AND OR PIONEER? 

1 minute ago, zakkpaz said:

I believe Pioneer 12 (PVO) is on the list for BDB as it's not covered by Probes Plus.  I'll keep the Sats reference up to date as things get added so you can see which mod covers which:  https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Satellites

16 hours ago, Zorg said:

On the list for fixes now :)

Er I'm not able to reproduce this. The lights seem to work fine for me. Do you have any mods that control lights or anything?

Thank you for your help @Zorg ! But if this ''issue'' occure only in my game no need to spend time to resolve it, I can do with ;) 

With news BDB probes and thoses from Coatl Aerospace we now have a good choice of stockalike historicals probes. I just want to share a little mod which add some probes parts for Venera  like (And other) to complete those awesome mods  :)  

8 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

We'll need an official craft file for this.

Or at least detailed manuals.

Both!  I'll definitely add it to the wiki guide and will need to make a craft file to do that anyway, so will sling it into the collection.

3 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Thank you for your help @Zorg ! But if this ''issue'' occure only in my game no need to spend time to resolve it, I can do with ;) 

With news BDB probes and thoses from Coatl Aerospace we now have a good choice of stockalike historicals probes. I just want to share a little mod which add some probes parts for Venera  like (And other) to complete those awesome mods  :)  

I just started using Rocket Emporium too - really nice set of complementary parts!

55 minutes ago, rcollier said:

I should probably sign up on GitHub. I saw the LR79 was updated in the 1.7 Development branch. Took it out for a test. Seems to be working properly, the torque thrust is no more.

You can clone and pull from a repo without an account.  You really only need one to make contributions

Couple questions ...

My observation is that some (?) BDB engines do not achieve full thrust immediately at start. Have I really just never noticed other mods doing this, or is this a BDB original feature? However this happened it's brilliant, and is another great reason to use launch towers and clamps.

- Some of the upper stage engines do not cut off thrust immediately either ... which I'm guessing is also fairly realistic ... but ouch this one is harder to deal with in practice. Basically, I'm incapable of executing precise burns with these engines. How are others using these? Were precise burns back in the day just not a thing?

- Do labs lose efficiency over time? I had the Hokulani OWS loaded with 3 scientists and 24/7 power. At first, my sci/day rate was 128. I filled the bytes to almost full and let it run, transmitted science, let it run, rinse, repeat. After 4 or 5 empties of 1200 sci each time, I noticed that the sci/day rate had dropped to 90 something, then eventually 82. No change in crew or power. Sooooo my conclusion is either that I don't understand the rate display, or the lab slowed down over time? Is this anything specific to BDB labs? Now that I'm writing this down I'm wondering if maybe the rate/day is affected by what's actually stored in the lab?

- The Hokulani-ALM Airlock Module gave me some EVA fits. I found that if I EVA a Kerbal from inside it, they cling sideways to the outside, but something isn't right because [ B ] Board is the only choice ... space bar does not let go, it does nothing. I've never seen this behavior from KSP before. Any ideas? Screenshot from the VAB:

Wjs3Lvw.jpg

And in use:

ddN1qHv.jpg

There's Bob and his big dumb head in that retro helmet, stuck to the airlock.

Edited bc [ B ] without spaces is a format code, oops.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

Engine spool up and down is a real life feature on some engines which is simulated in BDB.  I believe some other mods do it too.  You can add orbital correction motors for precision manoeuvres after the main burn is complete (e.g. RCS).  For added fun, the next release will have an optional patch to limit the number of engine ignitions too.  Many bothans died to bring us this information.

Science labs are more efficient when they have more data to process.  When it runs low, you'll still get the same amount of science from your data but it'll just take longer.

The airlock issues looks like a bug feature

2 hours ago, Friznit said:

Science labs are more efficient when they have more data to process.

Hmmm, that would make sense but I'm sure that's not what I was seeing. When I first started it, I had nowhere near 1800 bytes in it, and I was at the higher rate. Then I brought a Minmus mission to the lab and couldn't even fit all the bytes into the lab, and that's when it was running at the slower rate in the low 80's. I de-orbited the lab since I was done with that save, but I'll definitely keep better track of numbers next time, and see how the bytes affect the rate. In any event, sounds like this is stock behavior and not anything BDB custom. Thanks for the input!

P.S. Also thanks for the awesome work you do on the Wiki. It gets better every time I look at it. The Saturn V build page is really clear and easy to follow. Very much appreciated!

I have an issue...

The animated Saturn/Apollo parts does not animate as expected. When i select them from part list, the animation is played, but it "locks" and cant be retracted. I think these parts causes problems with staging as well. 

Im using game version 1.6.1 with mod version 1.61, all dependencies are correct for everything i have installed. when i press the "Toggle animation" option, nothing happens.  can someone please help...

76941644_523176361568358_5717739478395650048_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=gZB7f2sbcYYAQlGgp_e88e-lkGrXhJiRg3Ii1anFdNvQJu4EwknGQpl4w&_nc_ht=scontent.fmmx2-1.fna&oh=8973cb22d690f8e5e8f09416fdb3b495&oe=5E40A29B

I have checked the .log files, but here they are anyway if you can find something i dont

MMPatch.log

ModuleManager.log

Please tell me if you need something else

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

- Some of the upper stage engines do not cut off thrust immediately either ... which I'm guessing is also fairly realistic ... but ouch this one is harder to deal with in practice. Basically, I'm incapable of executing precise burns with these engines. How are others using these? Were precise burns back in the day just not a thing?

In fact the vast majority of IRL rocket engines do not provide instantaneous thrust. However not all of BDB's engines have the spool up feature. Trimming the orbit with RCS is how precise orbits are achieved in real life. Its best to cut off just a little bit early and then complete last couple of m/s for the burn with RCS.

There is an optional patch in BDB_Extras (as of the latest release, BDB v1.6.2) to remove the engine spool up time for people who dont want to deal with it.

9 hours ago, Friznit said:

For added fun, the next release will have an optional patch to limit the number of engine ignitions too.  Many bothans died to bring us this information.

This is done through the Engine Ignitor Re-ignited mod and will not be native to BDB. The compatibility configs have been included since BDB v1.6.0 :) so if you install Engine Ignitor you will have pretty comprehensive support for realistic ignition limits for all BDB engines.

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The Hokulani-ALM Airlock Module gave me some EVA fits. I found that if I EVA a Kerbal from inside it, they cling sideways to the outside, but something isn't right because [ B ] Board is the only choice ... space bar does not let go, it does nothing.

Hmm will take a look.

6 hours ago, Friznit said:

I have a Mr. Vikram and Mr. Beresheet on the line asking for a conference call.  Shall I put them through?

Again with Help Files enabled please?

*This one flew right over the Coo-Koo's nest!*

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is a VERY real to life issue.   It is why most satellites are NOT in a circular orbit.  They are NEAR Circular.  Here is what I do...    I don't worry about it and go on to the next launch, the next stage, the next flight, whatever....

It only gets bad when you are trying to do a Orbital intercept.   You HAVE to have good RCS or trim engines to get the best orbital intercepts.   I routeinly do Orbital Intercepts with Titan III/IV upper stages (LR91s) since I use that stage as an Orbital Tug.    The Titan II-23G ACS module is enough for most corrections.

4 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

When i select them from part list, the animation is played, but it "locks" and cant be retracted. I think these parts causes problems with staging as well. 

I assume you are talking about inside the VAB and not in flight? I suspect some kind of mod conflict because the animation button should read "Toggle Doors" in the VAB, not Toggle Animation.

Could you please provide your

1) modulemanager.configcache inside Kerbal Space Program/Gamedata (in the same level as the modulemanager.dll)

2) Your KSP.log inside Kerbal Space Program/  

3) Your output log (output_log.txt or player.log) after trying this in the VAB 

If you dont know where this is you can look here

36 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Again with Help Files enabled please?

*This one flew right over the Coo-Koo's nest!*

Vikram and Beresheet were the Indian and Isreali moon landers both of which er lithobraked on the Moon. Perhaps they should have built them out of balsawood like the Ranger hard lander probe :P

Of course none of the real world Ranger rough landers actually made it either so.. 

Edited by Zorg

Hi ! 

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

This is done through the Engine Ignitor Re-ignited mod and will not be native to BDB. The compatibility configs have been included since BDB v1.6.0 :) so if you install Engine Ignitor you will have pretty comprehensive support for realistic ignition limits for all BDB engines.

So for ignitions what is the most up to date and accurate config ? The one from ''Stock Real Fuel'' Config (Include in extras)  or the one from Engine Ignitor ? 

I have Stock Real Fuel for BDB engines, but also ''Engine Ignitor Re-ignited'' for Tantares and Knes. I didn't known about BDB native Engine ignitor config si I might have to fear a compatibility issue I guess...