[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

29 minutes ago, CAPFlyer said:

It was a very good video.  I wish he'd used the BDB KH parts, but at least he covered it!

Looks like he used an old version of BDB, it looks like pre-revamped Agena to me

Edited by derega16

@CobaltWolf Anyways about Agena, any chance for Agena2000 that was an upperstage for cancelled Atlas V lite. From the proposal it looks like it use same tank and avionics as Centaur III but about half the height but there is no pictures of the stage, it might be the same size as old agena but inside Delta-K style interstage. The engine looks mostly like one form already exist droptank Agena but I am not sure how to cenvert spec in to KSP scale.

Edited by derega16

7 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

this somehow reminds me of an mixture of mariner 3/4 and mariner 8/9 but with only 1 solar panel

It's Mariner 10 :). I er didn't copy the panel over to the other side but it will have two of course.

Still a fair amount to do including science instruments, antennas etc.

34b39d39acd399071159a29187b959ff.jpg

18 hours ago, Zorg said:

So usually I post pics of things when I'm done but I thought I would share some WIP pics of a little Centaur payload I'm working on right now.

Screenshot_2020-08-21_01.08.44.png?width

Screenshot_2020-08-21_01.20.21.png?width

Is that Blender?

17 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

How do y'all feel about Bforartists?

I don't use it myself, Im quite happy with the standard blender 2.8 interface so felt no need to try it. I know one person who uses it and they seem quite happy with it. Cobalt and JSO use Maya.

1 minute ago, gabo04 said:

I want to simulate historic missions with this mod. So I want to know which rocket is which in real life (including space probes).

Friznit maintains an excellent wiki where you can see all the historical (and many non historical builds). https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

The list on the right side have the real world names but the part names in the actual build guide will use in game names so its easy to find everything.

If you downloaded the github development branch instead of the official release you can find work in progress future guides here: https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/issues

2 minutes ago, gabo04 said:

I want to simulate historic missions with this mod. So I want to know which rocket is which in real life (including space probes).

You can use the unofficial wiki linked in my sig, which references both the real names and the BDB names.  There's also an optional realnames patch, which you can use to make things easier in game.

Edit: godammit zorg, beaten again :P

Edited by Friznit

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Friznit maintains an excellent wiki where you can see all the historical (and many non historical builds). https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

The list on the right side have the real world names but the part names in the actual build guide will use in game names so its easy to find everything.

If you downloaded the github development branch instead of the official release you can find work in progress future guides here: https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/issues

Wow! There were more spacecraft that I thinked! :D

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Phases 1-3 of my shameless imitation of a station posted here. Depending on how well (or not) Phase 4 goes, the building and attachment of the 2nd ring, I may or may not go for a 3 tier station
[snip]

Hmmm, that station looks familiar. Awefully familiar. Lol. Stealing my design are we? :P

Just to warn you, 2 tier is laggy in itself. I tried to go for a 3 tier and the lag was too much for me. 

On 8/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, Zorg said:

So usually I post pics of things when I'm done but I thought I would share some WIP pics of a little Centaur payload I'm working on right now.

Screenshot_2020-08-21_01.08.44.png?width

Screenshot_2020-08-21_01.20.21.png?width

My Moho transfer window is in 17 days >.>

When this is done doesn't that complete the Mariner->Voyager line-up when combined with Coatl? Pretty nice milestone

Edited by Bellabong

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm, that station looks familiar. Awefully familiar. Lol. Stealing my design are we? :P

Just to warn you, 2 tier is laggy in itself. I tried to go for a 3 tier and the lag was too much for me. 

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll just stick with the 2 tier then

16 hours ago, Bellabong said:

My Moho transfer window is in 17 days >.>

When this is done doesn't that complete the Mariner->Voyager line-up when combined with Coatl? Pretty nice milestone

I think mariner 8/9 aren't in coatl pls correct me if I'm wrong