[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

57 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I've tried it on 1.2, IIRC. Two words: Never Again. Maybe it got better - I don't really care. I will never install TweakScale again, period.

So, on the basis of an experience from more than a dozen iterations ago ... wow.

24 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

how do I upload steam screenshots into here?

imgur

Upload there and use the Direct Link (second option down).  Click the "Insert image from URL" in the lower right, profit.

I think the bigger problem for this thing the upperstage. Also, is it looks like tricoupler is also an interstage with as I know, there is no KSP mod with such thing. There is very few information about third stage (appearancely in the proposal it count sustainer as second stage not 1.5) only thing I found is that it use storeable means it is not Centaur which no information about what it is but it looks too big to be Agena.

Edited by derega16

10 hours ago, derega16 said:

Well this on one called Gamma Centaur  Centaur Junior. Anyways, I think for another Centaur Jr. can be done easily whenever you make revamped single engine mount just tweakscale the whole thing down

And about Vega there is some porposal for mercury lab to use Vega stage, will the adapter include?

All of these are essentially third stages / kick stages for Atlas-Centaur. I think, for the sake of clarity, we should establish the names thusly:

• Gamma Centaur : Shortened Centaur, uses some Vega components, essentially looks like a hydrolox Vega. I'm aware that it's depicted with less sphere tanks along the bottom, I don't intend to make a variant for that.
  • Centaur Jr : To me, this refers to the smaller diameter (1.5m in KSP) Centaur kick stage. As @Pappystein said, there would functionally be no difference between this and HOSS in BDB due to the way the LH2O hydrolox tanks are balanced.
  • Baby Centaur : this is a bit different, but similar to Gamma Centaur. But instead of still having the tanks stacked, it is just a Centaur D LOX tank (which is filled with hydrogen) and the LOX is moved to tanks below it, with a number of potential configurations. If I were to make one, I'd probably do the toroidal tank. Sorry but I don't have the doc for this handy. EDIT: Just as I posted, someone found a link for it.

Uhhh yeah I probably need to figure out some sort of 1.875m>1.5m adapter that works for that. You could definitely bash it together using one of the MOL adapters I think. I'm not sure how much time I want to devote to structural parts like that right now... it will pretty quickly inflate the remaining dev time on this release.

7 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

how do I upload steam screenshots into here?

7 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

imgur

Upload there and use the Direct Link (second option down).  Click the "Insert image from URL" in the lower right, profit.

You can just upload to imgur, right click the image there, copy the image link (ie the direct link to the .jpg) and then paste the URL into the forum. It will embed automatically.

5 hours ago, derega16 said:

I think the bigger problem for this thing the upperstage. Also, is it looks like tricoupler is also an interstage with as I know, there is no KSP mod with such thing. There is very few information about third stage (appearancely in the proposal it count sustainer as second stage not 1.5) only thing I found is that it use storeable means it is not Centaur which no information about what it is but it looks too big to be Agena.

Yeah I know the image you're talking about, I have no idea what it means. I think it's pretty clearly three Centaurs with another on top. And yeah, I think the tri-coupler is also a hollow interstage.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 8/26/2020 at 3:06 AM, Starhelperdude said:

knes has a tricoupler, even in 1.875m size

It's also a great mod taken on it's own merits, with a decidedly European feel, and pairs great with BDB. For the full experience, toss in Interkosmos and Luciole. If you're bored, Fuji and Ж-20 "Moroz" Spaceplane, and if you wish to understand the dark and wicked truth of the Kerbol system and the universe as a whole, by unlocking the secrets of the god of spacecraft destruction, KrakenScience is fun.

23 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

It's also a great mod taken on it's own merits, with a decidedly European feel, and pairs great with BDB

+1 on that.

23 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

Ж-20 "Moroz" Spaceplane

That's basically an addon for BDB, since it was made in BDB style and balanced for BDB Titan.

2 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Totally a Peacekeeper Minotaur ICBM science launch...nope, totally legit, sir....nothing to see here....move along....

(Large Launch Rail from v2.1 of Modular Launch Pads)

Looks like we're moving into asking Cobalt for Aerobee, Bumper and other such things.

Since we discussed it on stream I thought I would update yall here too. 

Mariner 10 might be a little delayed but er I am concentrating on this for the moment:

Screenshot_2020-08-28_20.00.27.png?width

RS-68 ( 68,68A and white nozzle 68B)

Screenshot_2020-08-28_20.00.38.png?width

RS-68C Regenerative

Screenshot_2020-08-30_00.05.49.png?width

and 5 meter DCSS :) 

Screenshot_2020-08-30_00.06.05.png?width

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Since we discussed it on stream I thought I would update yall here too. 

Mariner 10 might be a little delayed but er I am concentrating on this for the moment:
68 ( 68,68A and white nozzle 68B)

RS-68C Regenerative

and 5 meter DCSS :) 

Lookin' good! What fuel is the RS68 going to use?

Edited by alberro+