[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, Gremillion said:

Hey I looked for like an hour and am too dumb to figure out how to install those wicked cool fairings, can someone point me at the post that explains it?

In the gamedata folder of the development versions is a folder called "SimpleAdjustableFairings" , you put this in your gamedata folder .

4 minutes ago, Gremillion said:

Hey I looked for like an hour and am too dumb to figure out how to install those wicked cool fairings, can someone point me at the post that explains it?

As penance, here's a cooperationverse TKS-Barbarian with RD-275s:

CURSED

On 10/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Also - last call for bugs for the v1.7 update! You don't report it, we don't fix it!

Was Gemini-B retro module fixed? I don't see anything about it on Github.

The bug is that you can't mount retro motors in 6x symmetry on it - it reverts to 4x.

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

The bug is that you can't mount retro motors in 6x symmetry on it - it reverts to 4x.

Biohazard, I don't think that is a bug so much as a limitation of how KSP itself was built.   Because KSP does symmetry around the part.   And the 6 Retros are INSIDE it, OFF Center, and each has a unique angle.

There might be an easier way but I build em one STAR at a time.

Now I haven't checked the Awesome FAQ about the sequential fireing of SRMs for Mercury and Gemni.  I hope there is a good document on it that explains how to set it up and run it (cause thusfar I have failed in my job of doing JUST THAT!)

Edited by Pappystein

@Delta dart

I don't think there's a dedicated adapter for it.

I just use a 1.875m Centaur interstage with the Big-G service module. Going from 1.875 to 2.5 meters can be done with the Delta III interstage if you're using the Apollo SM, though I'm not sure if the SPS would fit legth-wise.

Edited by Mudwig

5 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Biohazard, I don't think that is a bug so much as a limitation of how KSP itself was built.   Because KSP does symmetry around the part.   And the 6 Retros are INSIDE it, OFF Center, and each has a unique angle.

There might be an easier way but I build em one STAR at a time.

To (kind of) fix this bug, you need:

A) change "stackSymmetry = 3" to "stackSymmetry = 5" in cfg

B) notify the user that it would be kinda wonky (you must place the motor at the node which is adjacent to a black box)

This probably can be fixed at dev side (some trouble with nodes, probably?).

For now, I use a MM patch. If it can't be fixed, I don't see why BDB crew can't change stackSymmetry to 5 and put a warning notice into part description.

And NO, you CAN"T build them one at a time - because of sequential firing, which requires all the motors to be in symmetry.

Edited by biohazard15

12 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Not a bug. 6x was too hard to work with so we changed it to 4x. The official way to build it is to install each engine separately, and then stage as you see fit. Since the nodes are not symmetrical, the engines are installed at the wrong angles when using symmetry. The thrust vectors should all point through the capsule CoM.

The whole thing is admittedly not ideal, and you can't use sequential fire, but we have no better solution.

I don't know if we posted these here yet but in case its been missed BDB 1.7 will feature these fantastic custom Apollo A7L suits made by @benjee10. These will only work in KSP 1.10 onwards.

Also take note the the dev branch has been discontinued. Latest updates are now on Master.

Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.56.15.png

Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.55.58.png

Screenshot_2020-09-05_at_16.03.37.png

Edited by Zorg

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

I don't know if we posted these here yet but in case its been missed BDB 1.7 will feature these fantastic custom Apollo A7L suits made by @benjee10. These will only work in KSP 1.10 onwards.

Also take note the the dev branch has been discontinued. Latest updates are now on Master.

Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.56.15.pngScreenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.55.58.pngScreenshot_2020-09-05_at_16.03.37.png

Delicious suits,i can finally make a Apollo 1 incident replica.

perhaps you can make these suits work on 1.9.1 with..... TextureReplacer?

Edited by Dat Kerbal Dude
oh, i just ran out of likes,stopid likes limit(no offense).

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.56.15.png

Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.55.58.png

Screenshot_2020-09-05_at_16.03.37.png

@benjee10 could also add those oxygen tubes as seen here.Apollo 11: Wild facts about NASA's moon-landing mission - Business Insider

1 minute ago, gabo04 said:

could also add those oxygen tubes as seen here

Its worth noting that people making these suits have to work within the limitations of the Kerbal model. We can only use textures, cant add more geometry. Some types of features might not look so good when attempted just on the texture with a bump map.

6 minutes ago, Dat Kerbal Dude said:

perhaps you can make these suits work on 1.9.1 with..... TextureReplacer?

if anyone can get it working with TR please send me the configs and I will add it to the extras folder.

1 minute ago, Zorg said:

Its worth noting that people making these suits have to work within the limitations of the Kerbal model. We can only use textures, cant add more geometry. Some types of features might not look so good when attempted just on the texture with a bump map.

OK. I hope that changes for KSP 2.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Also take note the the dev branch has been discontinued. Latest updates are now on Master.Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_18.55.58.png

First taste of Mün/Kerballo/Sarnus and I LOVE IT:kiss:

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

if anyone can get it working with TR please send me the configs and I will add it to the extras folder.

I think I got it working with TR. I will have to look over it more though