[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.7.0 "огромный" is now available for KSP1.8.1 and 1.10.1!

As always - this is a save breaking update! Please back up your saves before installing!!!

Download:
Github or Spacedock

giphy.gif

Next up, we go to Sarnus!!!

PS: I'd get rid of the old Mercury (Hermes/Spica) IVA and just put in the Mk1 IVA. Fits the Mercury pod better. 

Edited by davidy12

5 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

So here is a project for you. Being able to fly all of the proposed development models of the lunar module would be way cool.

Dang. My timing could have been better. Missed the new update by that much! :-)

I'm old so I'm gonna wax poetic dad-style for one second, and say my congrats. The BDB team has every reason to be incredibly proud of what you've accomplished with this release. There are a lot of innovative and creative solutions in here, in addition to the fantastic texturing, modeling, and coding. Hats off to Zorg, the SAF stuff is a HUGE addition. I wish I knew who everyone on the team was, but Cobalt, Zorg and Jso have been big helps with figuring out how things work, so thank you. Also, a big thanks for doing all of this in public where you have to put up with humans while you're trying to get something creative done. That's an accomplishment on its own.

Just now, Dat Kerbal Dude said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I wonder why the update names are always in russian...

It's a running joke that BDB stuff has cyrillic-ized versions of text on its rockets. For instance, the RD-180 has "MYU" or something similar-looking on its nozzles, for "Muo". IIRC, Tantares has some english text too.

5 minutes ago, Dat Kerbal Dude said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I wonder why the update names are always in russian...

Its an old running joke :)  within the KSP universe BDB is a soviet style Design Bureau making American rockets. Its a counterpoint to Tantares, which in universe is a US style private corporation making Soviet rockets.

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Friznit I think this is going to be a common question - we need a guide on the wiki (maybe even a video demonstration?) for the hard lander.

Is it meant to impact with the striped side first?

Edit: Scratch that, this technique does not work either.

Edited by Minmus Taster

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Are there any currently-maintained probes-first tech trees that are configured to work with BDB?

This mod's pretty much probes first in stock. You really don't ever have to get into manned flight if you don't want to. But like Zorg said I doubt anything third party is up to date.

Idea, Leo-1.

UCRgoGj.jpg

I feel that it would suit this mod's uncompleted spacecraft roster. The craft would have to be a different command module due to the extra windows and the skids. It would have an extended nose housing a radar to track soviet satellites (could be replaced with science stuff) and to house the paraglider (proven possible without dependencies in KK's spacex pack fairing recovery). The service module would have a long boom as seen in some of the photos with a "stinger" package with a tightening and loosening cord to wrap around the satellite then release the package from the boom that could do some fun stuff to the satellite (Thinking that it could be replaced with a magnometer boom).

1 hour ago, Delta dart said:

Idea, Leo-1.

UCRgoGj.jpg

I feel that it would suit this mod's uncompleted spacecraft roster. The craft would have to be a different command module due to the extra windows and the skids. It would have an extended nose housing a radar to track soviet satellites (could be replaced with science stuff) and to house the paraglider (proven possible without dependencies in KK's spacex pack fairing recovery). The service module would have a long boom as seen in some of the photos with a "stinger" package with a tightening and loosening cord to wrap around the satellite then release the package from the boom that could do some fun stuff to the satellite (Thinking that it could be replaced with a magnometer boom).

I think @CobaltWolf Has said they won't do paraglidier Gemini. If you want Paraglider Gemini get KNES and the mod that allows its parasail to work.