[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Looks like Transit 2A and SOLRAD are close to completion. If I am not too busy, I will probably be able to get them (properly) in game over the next couple days! After that, I will probably get back to working on TIROS-N, but I might consider doing later Transit satellites.
d3IoUaV.png
S9jUXUc.png

5 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

Looks like Transit 2A and SOLRAD are close to completion. If I am not too busy, I will probably be able to get them (properly) in game over the next couple days! After that, I will probably get back to working on TIROS-N, but I might consider doing later Transit satellites.

Fidel Castro liked that.

Another small DCSS update. Just stretched the LH2 and LOX tanks on the Delta III DCSS to the correct length for Delta IV, this is now reflected as a mesh switch on the subtype. Another longer 3.125m to 2.5m length switch has been added to the Delta III interstage part to accommodate the longer stage as well.

So we have 4 variants of DCSS altogether now; ICPS from SLS, Delta IV 5m DCSS, Delta IV 4m DCSS and Delta III 4m DCSS (3.125 and 2.5m in game respectively of course)

screen_5120x2880_2020-10-30_02-11-56.png?width=1534&height=863

Edited by Zorg

33 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Another small DCSS update. Just stretched the LH2 and LOX tanks on the Delta III DCSS to the correct length for Delta IV, this is now reflected as a mesh switch on the subtype. Another longer 3.125m to 2.5m length switch has been added to the Delta III interstage part to accommodate the longer stage as well.

So we have 4 variants of DCSS altogether now; ICPS from SLS, Delta IV 5m DCSS, Delta IV 4m DCSS and Delta III 4m DCSS (3.125 and 2.5m in game respectively of course)

SLS when??????

/sarcasm

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Nice! Are you using Conformal Decals for the ice on the lox tank?

Yes! :cool: it’s just two enlarged Nuetral Flags slapped on there with the opacity turned down. 

Is that really all ice...? I thought it was also some sort of surface treatment :blush:

1 hour ago, Hay said:

SLS when??????

/sarcasm

Spoiler

Sad cat pointing gun: Guns, Pointing, Threatening, Sad, Crying, Cat,  Kitten, Animal : FreshMemeTemplates

28 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

Yes! :cool: it’s just two enlarged Nuetral Flags slapped on there with the opacity turned down. 

Is that really all ice...? I thought it was also some sort of surface treatment :blush:

Looks very good, and yes its ice. If you want to be more accurate you should continue all the way down to the intertank ribbing where the lox tank ends next time.

03033b.jpg

Before fueling:

Atlas_V_551_with_New_Horizons_on_Launch_Pad_41.jpg

thanks for the help 

the folders i have deleted are: lauch clamps, vega, delta, centaur, atlasV in the parts folder and old parts in the main folder.

if there are any folders that i shouldn't have deleted  because of parts of other rokcets please warn me.

realy apreciate the help thanks!

Edited by noobkerblkat

sory I dont yet know how quotes work in here but my post is above

19 hours ago, Zorg said:

The deprecated parts are things that are meant to be removed, They shouldnt show in the VAB but some mods like filter extensions (i think) unhide them. Please dont use them, they will be permanently deleted in an update before long.

Most of those errors at startup is not because you deleted something. its a known issue with certain older versions of Kopernicus (we already fixed it for the more recent ones and for the experimental builds) and with Kerbalism. We are working to resolve this.

Some solar panels are supposed to get different output for sub variants. The errors mean those variants are not getting the switch but they will still get the default output value. So despite the error, those parts are still functional as far as we can see.

I'm not sure about the very last error in that list. That could be caused by something being deleted. If you tell me which folder you deleted I can see if there could be a problem caused.

19 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Ah. Those are depreciated parts that will be removed in a later update.  May I ask which folders you deleted?

Has anyone tried launching a Saturn 1 with Apollo capsule since the last update (Apollo 1 or even Pegasus 1 style) ?  I can't for the life of me stop the rocket flipping over - I think either the drag or mass of the capsule is out of whack with the rest of the rocket.

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Has anyone tried launching a Saturn 1 with Apollo capsule since the last update (Apollo 1 or even Pegasus 1 style) ?  I can't for the life of me stop the rocket flipping over - I think either the drag or mass of the capsule is out of whack with the rest of the rocket.

I'm unsure about this recipe, but I put a CSM on top of an empty SLAM, on top of an S-IVB, on top of an S-1 first stage (4x + 4x), both with and without fins, and didn't have any flipping tendencies. Is that close to what you were flying?

39 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm unsure about this recipe, but I put a CSM on top of an empty SLAM, on top of an S-IVB, on top of an S-1 first stage (4x + 4x), both with and without fins, and didn't have any flipping tendencies. Is that close to what you were flying?

I'm flying the Saturn 1 Blk 2 - CSM, S-IV, S-1 first stage (with fins).  Just seems very top heavy.

3 minutes ago, Friznit said:

I'm flying the Saturn 1 Blk 2 - CSM, S-IV, S-1 first stage (with fins).  Just seems very top heavy.

I haven't flown this craft, but what is your TWR? In my experience if the TWR is low my rockets will flip like crazy even without it being draggy.

10 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Where are the parts for this from?

The more noticeable ones are NFLV for that cone shaped cargo bay and Kerbal Foundries for the rover wheels. Other parts are run of the mill stuff from Nertea’s Restock.

13 hours ago, noobkerblkat said:

thanks for the help 

the folders i have deleted are: lauch clamps, vega, delta, centaur, atlasV in the parts folder and old parts in the main folder.

if there are any folders that i shouldn't have deleted  because of parts of other rokcets please warn me.

As a general rule things in folder dont affect the others. In this case though it looks like there is an exception. One of the variants of the Thor engine boattail uses assets in the Delta folder. You should restore the Delta folder to make sure the parts work correctly. Unlike the solar panel error, this will cause a functional problem on that part.

Since you're not interested in the Delta folder, I suggest you restore it, delete the DCSS and Paint folders inside, and delete the files starting with Bluedog_DeltaIV ( ;.; ). The specific necessary files are bluedog_Delta_Boattail.mu and files starting with Bluedog_delta2_Engines_*