[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 1/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, computercat04 said:

Reveal hidden contents

pOcB9AM.png

0zibelC.png

Also, the fairing variants don't work.

u3xL8gx.png

V1JQqKT.png

k1R3Ww4.png

Log: https://mega.nz/file/5bgBVAgI#bj_OK7fpGBw0SfwWPfCKqi7l2eAgFMI0x8Y1Ek1-iJY

Are you still having fairing trouble? I didnt see this till now. This link no longer works. Also would be helpful to have your modulemanager.configcache 

Also let me know which BDB version and which SAF/B9PS version you have exactly.

22 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Does anyone know how you fly the Gemini concepts with a docking port on the rear end of the service module?

Do you just fly them backwards TKS style or is there some other way?

21 hours ago, Pappystein said:

The descent stage's RCS provides the Aft thrust (Forward thrust would come from the 2 RCS ports in the bottom of the service module.  Only the Left and right RCS modules provide this thrust.

now as for how you would fly a capsule backwards.  That is covered in many programs.   The target docking port would have an offset photo calibration mark.   On the back of the Gemini, in the "standard" or likely Vertical position above the SM side docking port...  you would have your camera, that has the same offset as the target docking port's photo calibration mark.   Keep the Photo calibration crosshair under the camera's crosshair... viola docking made "simple?"  :P

I always just fly them normally until the final approach, doing a flip+control switch a short (but safe - once you've aligned with the port but before final approach) distance from the docking node.

19 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I played around with Big G a couple of months ago. I posted some pics a ways back on this thread. It works great until you come to the deorbit phase... 

You're right, aren't you? :P The "cylindrical" Big G is supposed to have retro solids... I suppose it will have to be redone from scratch, but that will have to wait until after the Saturn revamp, when I tackle the "conical" Big G as well. 

SmLnnw6.jpg

Also, small Apollo update, but I did model out the new HGA array for the CSM. I tried marking out the axis it will rotate along to track Kerbin once deployed. :)

eNNWRcy.png

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

Are you still having fairing trouble? I didnt see this till now. This link no longer works. Also would be helpful to have your modulemanager.configcache 

Also let me know which BDB version and which SAF/B9PS version you have exactly.

KSP.log (hope this link works): https://mega.nz/file/4OpzlChA#s8PP5n6hq0SROher-5uetZ24dy8Z1GndGePFpqAWRUs

ModuleManager.ConfigCache: https://mega.nz/file/sboBnQaL#dBX-bMdlByE2K-Z4GTsNokpdFOGaq5Ek3ksEE08l5_M

I use the SAF/B9PS versions that are bundled with the mod (dev version).

SAF version: v1.11.0

B9PS version: v2.17.0

Also, what does TTV stands for in the Gemini spacecraft?

Spoiler

44sXti3.png

23 minutes ago, computercat04 said:

Also, what does TTV stands for in the Gemini spacecraft?

Test Tow Vehicle

WEB11734-2011h.jpg&max=900

Used for glide tests of the proposed rogallo wing. If you want a paraglider, Knes has some. Wheels in that arrangement might take some clipping, so skids (from the same mod) work in a pinch.

It can also be used for the Arrow Gemini-derivative from the Morning of the Maple Leaf alternate history (from the same makers of Eyes Turned Skyward!)

@CobaltWolf since you gave us Mercury and Gemini boilerplates, you are now obligated by the collective force of this thread to give us orange Apollo! :D

1 hour ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Test Tow Vehicle

*SNIP* orange Apollo! :D

You realize that isn't orange Paint right?   It is a clear-coat preservative to keep the capsule from corroding while moving from place to place.  

But I agree.  I do like the Tint-coat of Orange on the Apollo capsule

1 minute ago, Pappystein said:

You realize that isn't orange Paint right?   It is a clear-coat preservative to keep the capsule from corroding while moving from place to place.  

But I agree.  I do like the Tint-coat of Orange on the Apollo capsule

Apollo boilerplates were grey and white, yes. I just want an orange Apollo!

2 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Test Tow Vehicle

WEB11734-2011h.jpg&max=900

Used for glide tests of the proposed rogallo wing. If you want a paraglider, Knes has some. Wheels in that arrangement might take some clipping, so skids (from the same mod) work in a pinch.

It can also be used for the Arrow Gemini-derivative from the Morning of the Maple Leaf alternate history (from the same makers of Eyes Turned Skyward!)

@CobaltWolf since you gave us Mercury and Gemini boilerplates, you are now obligated by the collective force of this thread to give us orange Apollo! :D

The BDB recolor mod has an orange Apollo.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I always just fly them normally until the final approach, doing a flip+control switch a short (but safe - once you've aligned with the port but before final approach) distance from the docking node.

You're right, aren't you? :P The "cylindrical" Big G is supposed to have retro solids... I suppose it will have to be redone from scratch, but that will have to wait until after the Saturn revamp, when I tackle the "conical" Big G as well. 

SmLnnw6.jpg

Will we eventually get Big A? Basically swap conical Big G retro+maneuver module with extension module for Apollo and use the same mission+cargo module with Big G

34 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Will we eventually get Big A? Basically swap conical Big G retro+maneuver module with extension module for Apollo and use the same mission+cargo module with Big G

So you want the crappy competitor  to BigG designed by the designer of BigG????

Or do you want the Eros Flyby capsule

Or do you want the never seriously studied or really designed, NAA larger Apollo follow on

Any of the 3 could be called Big Apollo...  And the best engineered one (as in Engineering work was done on it) is not by NAA! :D

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

RJGt6wH.jpg
cXCORsg.jpeg
V67yc3h.jpg

--    ---    .-..

Um Beale I hate to be inquisitive but why didn't you put this in the Tantares th...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Spoiler

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeysyeysyeysyeysyeysyeyysyeysyeyysyeysyeyeydyyeyyeysyegdswyeyesydysyydydyshddyddw87e2y3rnihemxbhfnsdjnfcfjubhjnwhnsdvg brfh d fk

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Also, small Apollo update, but I did model out the new HGA array for the CSM. I tried marking out the axis it will rotate along to track Kerbin once deployed. :)

So I don't know how workable this idea is.   But could the same "module" be made an Activatable Module for Skylab and Agena (and many other "body tracking" Sats?)    IE you set it so the "Bottom" side of the Agena GCU is always pointed at the ground, and the entire spaceship uses it's fake "super gyros" SAS to align the spacecraft to the angle (obviously using electricity to do so but that isn't important for the tracking module)

In the case of Skylab you would use the upper surface and have it track the Kerbol instead of Kerbin...   

Just a weird thought that popped into my head while doing some research today

33 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Almost kinda looks like my memory of looking in the Skylab II almost 15 years ago at the Smithsonian?!

Not Skylab, little point in that since its due to be redone. But theres plenty of smaller station modules :wink:

Welp,  For whatever reason it looks like Squad has just altered their Physics.cfg for 1.11.1 with out deleting the minimum mass requirement, and we will still have the same issues with drastically over massed craft....

For those interested here is the bug report...   and, the devs can correct me if I am wrong, this is the main reason there is no 1.11 compatible BDB?

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26898

I will still be staying with 1.10.1 based on the current bug report.

Short Synopsis why this issue exists.  I am GUESSING that the new Assembly in EVA add on code requires all parts to not have a mass of 0 and not have a negative mass.  So instead of an error check that would be pretty exhaustive in the code, they made all parts have a minimum mass.   However I think they number type (integer, Short, etc) they used did not allow them to go below 1kg in mass.   1kg or 2.205lbs for those of you in the US like me, is a pretty small mass/weight.    However, imagine a screwdriver that had that kind of mass... it would be huge and it would be heavy.   There are many parts in game that are smaller than a Screwdriver now a days.    Lets hope the Devs are able to fix this without a total re-write of the code.

I linked this Video from Scott because simply put the * in the title covers the LIGHTEST and quantitatively the largest employment of satellites.   Each of them (the satellites) massed in at a few angstroms... IE less than a milligram    Not that we would want to replicate that launch due to game lag and the like but still....  If you don't want to watch the whole video, jump to 9:36.

6 hours ago, Beale said:

RJGt6wH.jpg
cXCORsg.jpeg
V67yc3h.jpg

--    ---    .-..

Wow! Great work Beale! I'm loving these new IVA's!

6 hours ago, Beale said:

--    ---    .-..

M                O                    L

Edited by KeaKaka