[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

32 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Can the center part of S-II engine mount switch off? To use something like J-2T or J-2X also the 7 engines version too

I've actually been pondering this. I'm not sure if I can make it entirely toggleable since it might not be worth doing an alternate texture of the tank dome 'underneath' (above) it. I also think the cruciform structure there is kinda necessary, the stage would look flimsy without it IMO.

cover10.jpg 

.

The bundled version of Waterfall for the github master branch has now been updated to v0.6 (which is required)

Would strongly suggest if updating to delete BDB and reinstall clean (never drag and drop but in particular this time please make sure to do so as a lot of files in the waterfall compatibility folder got moved around).

The WF plumes now have various improvements and tune ups, new engine lighting effects and heat distortion effects (in atmo), and all new sounds including some loops derived from work by Ensou of Rocket Sound Enhancement. (Full RSE compatibility is planned for later btw this just uses the sounds in the normal system.)

Lights and distortion should have minimal effects on framerate but if you are on a potato and trying to extract every frame you can globally disable those features in the WaterfallSettings.cfg in the Waterfall folder.

If you use Engine Lighting Relit it *should* still work together. There is a patch that removes engine lightings lights if a waterfall plume is detected on the part. So hopefully that works. (you may want EL for SRBs for instance).

ESlu9GP.png?width=1500&height=844

1g2dO8o.png?width=1500&height=844

s3ehDP8.png?width=1500&height=844

rPrhmPi.png?width=1500&height=844

epKm41z.png?width=1500&height=844

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

The bundled version of Waterfall for the github master branch has now been updated to v0.6 (which is required)

Would strongly suggest if updating to delete BDB and reinstall clean (never drag and drop but in particular this time please make sure to do so as a lot of files in the waterfall compatibility folder got moved around).

The WF plumes now have various improvements and tune ups, new engine lighting effects and heat distortion effects (in atmo), and all new sounds including some loops derived from work by Ensou of Rocket Sound Enhancement. (Full RSE compatibility is planned for later btw this just uses the sounds in the normal system.)

Lights and distortion should have minimal effects on framerate but if you are on a potato and trying to extract every frame you can globally disable those features in the WaterfallSettings.cfg in the Waterfall folder.

If you use Engine Lighting Relit it *should* still work together. There is a patch that removes engine lightings lights if a waterfall plume is detected on the part. So hopefully that works. (you may want EL for SRBs for instance).

*Turns on Pappystein's Opinion*

Over the past few weeks I have been looking an a heck of a lot of videos of launches as well as quality photos (not over or under exposed, good color saturation, proper color luminescence... I won't bore you with the even weirder sounding terms that I grapple with when looking at an image,) as I chose some artwork for one of the walls in my home.   I figured a Rocket launch at night would be amazing...   

What does this have to do with the above post?  Simple.  I have been looking at a lot of real Rockets in HIGH quality (not Crap-news-station-X quality.)   In my career I have to have an eye for picture quality (as it is 100% my job!)   I spent a lot of time looking for the right photos to get made into cool Rocket art that wouldn't be over-nerdy (can rockets not be over-nerdy?!)   

Anyway joking aside I have looked at a lot of different rocket launches.     And I don't think I am going to like Waterfall... Then I actually played with BDB and Waterfall.  

Wow.  While not real to life, and still in the early growing-pains portion of it's lifecycle  it is, in my opinion 100% closer to correct than the previous effects.  

And it has the bonus of being a LOWER system performance load?   I have a 64GB monster i9 with a RTX-funcard80 I don't say that to brag.  I noticed a significant improvement in game play with Waterfall once SRBs were out of frame.   Now when is Waterfall going to fix the hideous (for look and game effect) SRB/SRM effects?  :P

*Turns off Pappystein's Opinion*

Take it for what it is.  I think Waterfall is going to be a great addition to KSP.   I am already seeing huge POSITIVE changes.   As the Visual artists, like Zorg, who have been working on this mod get it further and further fine-tuned... I feel it can only get better.   But wow is it good now.

17 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Now when is Waterfall going to fix the hideous (for look and game effect) SRB/SRM effects?  :P

According to Nertea WF ain't great for SRB effects. I think it's by nature. The mesh would have to be VERY large to accommodate the SRB/M fire and smoke trail.

If you want him to work on iit though, he put up a poll in his dev thread.  :)

39 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

The mesh would have to be VERY large to accommodate the SRB/M fire and smoke trail.

And also a 'cylindrical' mesh-based effect wouldn't do a very good job of looking like a thick, voluminous cloud of toxic flame. You would need it to spawn actual moving cloud models in the exhaust to do that, and that's not how Waterfall works.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

34 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Just remember to leave a copy Gemini_Service_A_psd.dds in its place because the Agena Resupply Container uses that texture

Speaking of that, will it be revamped to fit with the other Agena parts?

Thats something that slipped through the gaps.  I think @CobaltWolf was going to redo it but it fell by the side and I never deprecated the old one. Honestly it should probably be deprecated as well since its so far out of date in terms of art. Even if there isnt a direct replacement yet.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:37 PM, zakkpaz said:

I  did a little more work, based what you said.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yPfCTc-3O797m_CMiUBxe4b1cq4SmTeu/view?usp=sharing

Keyhole cameras are all B&W and have increasing zoom as you go through the tech tree. Mariner is two identical 720x960 color cameras although I'm fairly certain they aren't setup for stereoscopy, you my want to check in unity to see if it's treated as two cameras, if it is I'd like have the Gemini recon camera changed to be like that.

Merged these changes now :) MOL and Mercury didnt work because the transforms were capitalized the wrong way around, one was cameraTransform, the other CameraTransform. The mercury transform still needs to be rotated since its upside down but we can take care of that from our side.

10 hours ago, Zorg said:

Merged these changes now :) MOL and Mercury didnt work because the transforms were capitalized the wrong way around, one was cameraTransform, the other CameraTransform. The mercury transform still needs to be rotated since its upside down but we can take care of that from our side.

Glad I could add something to the mod, I'm open to doing more as new parts are added.

found a few typos

"bluedog_Hexagon_FairingBase" HAS

"TechRequired = spaceExplorationn"

instead of

"TechRequired = spaceExploration"

"bluedog_Gemini_1p5mDepot" has 

MODEL
{
    model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_Gemini_1p5mShortSegment
}

instead of 

MODEL
{
    model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/MOL/bluedog_Gemini_1p5mShortSegment
}

also i know your moving old parts to a separate folder so i point out something i just noticed,  to unlock the RL-10 upgrades in career you need to still have the old hidden RL-10

Edited by zakkpaz

3 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

It's a something, but what kind of something?

Clementine, a very underrated 90's lunar orbiter. One of the few payloads to launch on the Titan 23G rocket. I am also ISAS (not shown in the previous picture), the Clementine Interstage Adapter Satellite,  an adapter fixed to Clementine's Star-37. After the Star-37 was used to push Clementine to trans-lunar injection, the detached ISAS adapter functioned as its own independent satellite equipped with antennas, solar cells, and a few experiments. Clementine has quite a few different types of imaging experiments, as a primary part of its mission was to test sensor technologies designed by the Strategic Defense Initiative. Clementine was equipped with UV, IR, visual, and LIDAR imaging. After its Lunar mission was completed, Clementine was also supposed to preform a flyby on Geographos, a near-Earth asteroid, but this was never realized due because a malfunction caused Clementine to lose all of its propellant shortly before leaving Lunar orbit. Despite this, Clementine was a very successful mission.
deliveryService?id=NASM-A20020260000-NAS

8 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

"bluedog_Hexagon_FairingBase" HAS

"TechRequired = spaceExplorationn"

instead of

"TechRequired = spaceExploration"

Speaking of Hexagon fairing base: the SAF variant is filed under General Rocketry.