[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Yes I am, but I wasn’t using a coloured CSM on this mission 

That`s irrelevat. There is a problem with the parachute.

Open the Apollo.cfg inside of BDBNIC and delete the following (red marked):

@PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_DockingLight,bluedog_Apollo_Block2_DockingLight2,bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ParachuteMount,bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Capsule,bluedog_Apollo_Block3_Capsule,bluedog_Apollo_Block1_Nose,bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism,bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Parachute]

That should solve the problem.

Edited by Cheesecake

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

That`s irrelevat. There is a problem with the parachute.

Open the Apollo.cfg inside of BDBNIC and delte the following (red marked):

That should solve the problem.

I was also having the same problem, thanks for the fix!

Another thing I forgot to ask for Saturn revamp, is revamped S1-C engine mount's mesh possible to be modified for this thing? I don't know if engine fairing meshs are the same piece with cylindrical part or it is separated with full cylindrical part unearthed

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26667.0;

PS. I found a document with nice-clear illustration on how each LM delivered vehicles supposed to look like. Also this is the clearest image of LM truck I've ever seen that is not a mystery box on top of descent stage

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM23_LM_Derivatives_LMD1-13.pdf

Edited by derega16

7 hours ago, derega16 said:

Another thing I forgot to ask for Saturn revamp, is revamped S1-C engine mount's mesh possible to be modified for this thing? I don't know if engine fairing meshs are the same piece with cylindrical part or it is separated with full cylindrical part unearthed

PS. I found a document with nice-clear illustration on how each LM delivered vehicles supposed to look like. Also this is the clearest image of LM truck I've ever seen that is not a mystery box on top of descent stage

Wonder what kinda stuff this was meant to launch.

1 minute ago, Zorg said:

Little preview :ph34r:

RS30 Advanced Space Engine for anyone who missed it. This is only slightly larger than an RL10A4 and will fit on a Dual Engine Centaur mount.

screen_5928x3336_2021-04-13_01-44-56.png

screen_5928x3336_2021-04-13_01-44-26.png

transpiration cooling mini nozzles

screen_5928x3336_2021-04-13_01-43-37.png

screen_5928x3336_2021-04-13_01-45-39.png

Looks Amazing!

I am using the ETS stuff alot but especially the Block III/IV/V Service module from now has (in my opinion) two deficits, so here are my suggestions: 1. Do you plan to bring at least one service bay into the rebuilt model? I love them on the Block I/ II because i can pack my Kerbalism stuff into it without ruining the looks. 2nd: Could you bring, at least for Life support / kerbalism configs a LOT more power capacitiy into it? Just enough for a 2-3 day rendezvous to a station. The second suggestion is meant for the Lunar Module too. Without Solar panels the one from now is dead after 4-8 hours. 

Anyways: I am looking forward to the new stuff :) especially for the ETS and INT-Family. I am using the Saturn-II but i am eager to pack some 1207 SRB´s on them without the awkward look they  give it now ;) 

Edited by JoeSheridan

On 4/12/2021 at 5:21 AM, derega16 said:

The LM Shelter was what I had in mind for my design a few pages back. If I could just get a ladder to attach to the airlock I would be in business. 

3 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

I am using the ETS stuff alot but especially the Block III/IV/V Service module from now has (in my opinion) two deficits, so here are my suggestions: 1. Do you plan to bring at least one service bay into the rebuilt model? I love them on the Block I/ II because i can pack my Kerbalism stuff into it without ruining the looks. 2nd: Could you bring, at least for Life support / kerbalism configs a LOT more power capacitiy into it? Just enough for a 2-3 day rendezvous to a station. The second suggestion is meant for the Lunar Module too. Without Solar panels the one from now is dead after 4-8 hours. 

Anyways: I am looking forward to the new stuff :) especially for the ETS and INT-Family. I am using the Saturn-II but i am eager to pack some 1207 SRB´s on them without the awkward look they  give it now ;) 

Well, actually there is no block V service module in BDB, just it's engines and solar panels, according to ETS it is a bit bigger than Block III,IV's. I prefer to use a custom US2 3 sections service module for this one 

3 hours ago, derega16 said:

Well, actually there is no block V service module in BDB, just it's engines and solar panels, according to ETS it is a bit bigger than Block III,IV's. I prefer to use a custom US2 3 sections service module for this one 

I know and i do often the same, just because of that power problem on the Blocks III and IV, Block V is usefull as it is now.  But thats okay for now. I just wanted to make that suggestion to make this mod even better :) even with LS-Mods in the Game.

@CobaltWolf

I'm working on updating an older mod, ComfortableLanding.  It has references in a patch to the following parts:

• bluedog_Gemini_Crew_A
  • bluedog_Gemini_Crew_B

I assume these have been replaced by newer parts, can you tell me what those are?  Unfortunately for this, I don't use BDB at this time and am not really familiar with it.

Thanks

LGG

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm working on updating an older mod, ComfortableLanding.  It has references in a patch to the following parts:

• bluedog_Gemini_Crew_A
  • bluedog_Gemini_Crew_B

bluedog_Gemini_Crew_A is now bluedog_Gemini_Capsule

bluedog_Gemini_Crew_B is bluedog_BigG_Cabin

Two more engines mostly finished texturing:

Pratt & Whitney RL20-P3

If you missed the earlier discussion this was Pratt & Whitney's first attempt at a staged combustion cycle design. It was vaguely mentioned in at least one Saturn improvement study as a drop in J2 replacement and the vac version has been tested and found to cleanly fit in mount truss of Cobalts upcoming SII stage. While the engine was never made, ultimately it seems more real than the mysterious HG-3 program which was more a study of various components than a specific engine design. So we're giving you this instead of HG-3.

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_21-56-52.png?width=991&height=843

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_21-58-09.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_21-58-58.png?width=1359&height=843

Pratt & Whitney XLR-129

Again if you missed the earlier discussion, the XLR129 was a direct successor to the RL20. Also staged combustion and a similar powerhead where the turbos and preburner connect to a central chamber above the combustion chamber. However instead of a Y shape, this uses a triaxial arrangement and also adds low pressure pumps/inducers upstream of the main turbos. (similar to RS30 as well).

The XLR129 was originally meant for a B52 launched rocket powered boost glide spyplane and after that got cancelled P&W uprated it and tried to push it for the shuttle program where it did not succeed against Rocketdyne's RS25. This will be capable of running with the nozzle extended or retracted and will be availabel in 1:35/75 and 1:80/144 expansion ratios.

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_21-57-04.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_21-57-54.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_20-07-50.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-04-15_22-33-38.png

Just wanted to say that this mod is Legendary. it's been my favorite for a while.

I've been Using the Delta IV parts a TON, as the Delta IV is my favorite launch system.

I also really like the KH-9 parts. I'm planning on launching a KH-11 Kitbash (on Delta IV, of course) soon with those components.

Keep up the Great work guys! 

22 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

Just wanted to say that this mod is Legendary. it's been my favorite for a while.

I've been Using the Delta IV parts a TON, as the Delta IV is my favorite launch system.

I also really like the KH-9 parts. I'm planning on launching a KH-11 Kitbash (on Delta IV, of course) soon with those components.

Keep up the Great work guys! 

Glad you're enjoying it! And welcome to the forums :) 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have two minor plume issues, can anyone confirm? The Inon engine mount shows no RCS plumes, and the Leo "Gus" thrusters show a translate forward RCS plume, but not an engine plume with the throttle.  I'm on 1.11.2, BDB-github. Waterfall RCS plumes seem to be working fine on other parts.

Can confirm, the Dual Engine Centaur mount shows absolutely no plume whatsoever.