[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, golkaidakhaana said:

I think I going insane crazy ! I swore there was some discussion months ago about Nertea Restock - style foil variants for the Ranger probe cores ? I ve looked through the thread and I can t find any discussion relating to this , could I be mis-remembering ??

look in the BDBNIC thread

On 4/8/2021 at 2:02 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have two minor plume issues, can anyone confirm? The Inon engine mount shows no RCS plumes, and the Leo "Gus" thrusters show a translate forward RCS plume, but not an engine plume with the throttle.  I'm on 1.11.2, BDB-github. Waterfall RCS plumes seem to be working fine on other parts.

Fixed both on github now.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:27 PM, somnambulist said:

I'm also missing plumes on the LR9107-167 (will log a github issue)

I cant reproduce this issue. Tested both versions of the engine.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Stream done, some progress on the LM. Mesh is in a much better place now. More greebles to add and lots and lots of texturing to do yet.

DPiv8ED.png

Amazing! Even though it is still WIP

Edited by Naeth Kerman

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Mostly finished M1. A few tweaks still needed and the emissives for all 4 engines still pending but they're approaching completion :)

To quote an old movie.

DANG MAN! 

That is some serious engine :D

UPDATE - BDB v 1.7.3 "огромный"

DOWNLOAD (SpaceDock)

DOWNLOAD (GitHub)

BDB is also available on CKAN but it usually takes a little while for an update to index and be available.

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.7.3 is now live! This is just a bug fix update.

Changelog:

v1.7.3  "огромный"

Bug fixes and tweaks
- fix Gemini lander engine waterfall plume
- Fix some typos
- Fix system heat patch not applying to SNTP 45.
- Give 5m DCSS colliders some more breathing room so it works better with thicker interstages from other mods.
- Fix Waterfall plumes for Dual Engine Centaur mount, Vega GGE405H vernier and Gemini OAMS.
- remove throttle response from small probe engine using hydrazine WF plume.
- Fix Gemini drogue chute inverted mesh.
- Fix Mercury LES orientation.
- Fix Gemini Lander low profile docking port orientation to match indexing key on new Gemini.

Edited by Zorg

2 hours ago, Marlon Kerman said:

All of the RL10s , RD 180, A-7 , F1 , J2 , both the LM Engines and all of the LR engines. 

This sounds like a bad install to be honest. Please remove BDB and all its dependencies and carefully reinstall everything in the release bundle. If the problem still exists please provide a screenshot of your gamedata folder, and a copy of you module manager.configcache which is inside your main KSP folder  Kerbal Space Program/Logs/ModuleManager.

Please also confirm which version of BDB and KSP you are running.

Edited by Zorg

Logs onto KSP forums.

Goes to BDB Forum Page

Goes to BDB Dev

Checks Git-hub notes for latest information

Sees a new release has been had...

sees no mention of new engines

*CRASH*  

Picks up computer off of floor, makes coffee, cries in coffee.

:P

I am kidding!   But that is my level of "want" on a certain set of beautiful engines.   :D

I has planz to show why the Saturn II INT-17 is a joke.  Can't do it without the RL-20 being it is an HG-3 analog.

Oh and Saturn II INT-18 + 3 segment SRMU FTW! :D

and congrats team on the incremental update :D   Some well needed changes

Edited by Pappystein

1 minute ago, Pappystein said:

Logs onto KSP forums.

Goes to BDB Forum Page

Goes to BDB Dev

Checks Git-hub notes for latest information

Sees a new release has been had...

sees no mention of new engines

*CRASH*  

Picks up computer off of floor, makes coffee, cries in coffee.

:P

I am kidding!   But that is my level of "want" on a certain set of beautiful engines.   :D

I has planz to show why the Saturn II INT-17 is a joke.  Can't do it without the RL-20 being it is an HG-3 analog.

Oh and Saturn II INT-18 + 3 segment SRMU FTW! :D

lol what are the INT-17/18? I only know INT-20/21

16 hours ago, derega16 said:

Wait there is M-1sl ?

Eh, there were lots of proposals for what to do with M-1.   Sea Level,   Very large Expansion bell, I think I saw a document about Airmat extending bell as well but going from memory on that.

10 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

lol what are the INT-17/18? I only know INT-20/21

Saturn II was a series of 3 proposals..   I wrote a quick and dirty history piece about 16 days ago on it.  

Saturn II INT-17 was the "Theoretical" potential with a new "Theoretical" engine that was called HG-3 in ONE series of papers.   As TJ and Zorg have pointed out, there was no real HG-3 just a bunch of papers theorizing on engine of such and such performance could be built and one company called that engine HG-3.

INT-17 would be a S-II stage with 7 "HG-3 Engines"   And a standar S-IVB stage.   both the S-II and S-IVB stages would be at a reduced fuel load.   And the stack could launch an Apollo Capsule into LEO much like the Saturn IB but cheaper (assuming Saturn V was still in production)

INT-18 is a standard S-II stage with 5 J-2S or J-2S-SL engines, and 2, 4 or 5 UA-1204, UA-1205 or UA-1207 SRMs.   Full fuel and depending on ground lit or airborne lit J-2s could lift a heck of a lot more to LEO than Saturn IB or even the ETS Saturn IE and IFs could

INT-19 is the same as INT-18 substituting up to 12 Minuteman TU-122 engines for the UA-120x SRMs.   The Payload would trade fuel load again (none of the INT-19s would fly with a full fuel load, just like the INT-17 and SOME of the INT-18 combinations)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_II

Oh and a 4x SRMU(3seg) booster for an INT-18 would be a giant lifter... Almost the Payload capacity of Saturn V by my estimate

Edited by Pappystein