[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Zorg,   WHY  WHY must you do this so well and so....   er .... um EARLY?!?!?!    There are no Saturn Vs fit to launch this yet!

Looks amazing.  Can't wait to see what you do finishing this up as well as the rest of Skylab.    Skylab is one of those programs that continued to shrink from it's orgional goal... never did it really grow.    It would be intersting to see some AB-History parts for Skylab (tracking solar arrays for the ATM comes to mind for example.)   A node on the Dish side to all a special skeletal decoupler for Saturn II launches as a stand alone (skylab not included)      I say Saturn II only because we all know the Saturn IB is thrust and Delta V limited...  A C-2(1959) would be a much better payload launch platform with it's S-III stage.... Geeze I hope the S-III stage will still be build-able... even if it isn't BDB approved :D

I found something interesting:

(from wikipedia, not the best source ;) )

''satellite rocket on launcher Model of the Pegasus satellite launcher system In 1961, Martin proposed a satellite launch system based on the Pershing. Named Pegasus, it would have had a lighter, simplified guidance section and a short third stage booster.[15] A 60-pound (27 kg) payload could be boosted to a 210 miles (340 km) circular orbit, or to an elliptical orbit with a 700 miles (1,130 km) apogee. Pegasus would have used the Pershing erector-launcher and could be placed in any open area. Martin seems to have targeted the nascent European space program, but this system was never developed''

220px-Pegasus_28Topping_model29.png

here, a size comparison between the pershing missile and the redstone missile:

Pershing_and_Redstone.png

I just wanted to share it with you, as it seems to be similar in look and feel to redstone and jupiter

22 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

''satellite rocket on launcher Model of the Pegasus satellite launcher system In 1961, Martin proposed a satellite launch system based on the Pershing. Named Pegasus, it would have had a lighter, simplified guidance section and a short third stage booster.[15] A 60-pound (27 kg) payload could be boosted to a 210 miles (340 km) circular orbit, or to an elliptical orbit with a 700 miles (1,130 km) apogee. Pegasus would have used the Pershing erector-launcher and could be placed in any open area. Martin seems to have targeted the nascent European space program, but this system was never developed''

I just wanted to share it with you, as it seems to be similar in look and feel to redstone and jupiter

Pershing could be a neat MICRO satelite launcher.  Because the problem is it's diameter IRL just less than 1 meter.   that would be a 0.625 scale Sold rocket Sat launcher in KSP

Actually that would be pretty neat if you think about it.  

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

General Admiral Aladeen approved this rocket

1 minute ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Just raising the prospect of the Pegasus satellite in BDB.

I know what they meant, the name just struck a chord and reminded me of this thing.

Ah, ok. I was very confused, because I hadn't heard of the satellites.

3 hours ago, Beccab said:

God, now I need that

may also be of interest:

Pegasus Deployment sequence.png

pegasus is cool, it gives a cool reason to launch saturn 1 for non-test launches

also, interestingly, there was a  -1B launch that was used for testing the restart of the J-2, it had a cool nosecone:

AS-203 launch.jpg

6 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

i cant put embed images for some reason but will this be added? A Drawing of a Teleoperator Retrieval System | S78-23631 (19… | Flickr 

On one hand that seems like a lot of parts, but on the other hand woah, that looks awsome

Do we know what it was to be launched on? Some Saturn launcher?

Edited by Beccab

24 minutes ago, Beccab said:

On one hand that seems like a lot of parts, but on the other hand woah, that looks awsome

Do we know what it was to be launched on? Some Saturn launcher?

the TRS would've been launched in a Shuttle and docked to Skylab with the Canadarm, you wouldn't need much parts for it

Got a problem with the P111  subsatellite: only the animation module appers in the game, but the part has no function, no command, antennae, thruster or other modules apper in any way, neither in the VAB nor in the actual game. Will provide any pics/logs necessary, just tell me what is needed.