[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

looking to start streaming within the hour. Wanna get the Saturn parts finished now that I'm home, starting with the H1.

YES!!!

The Ullage motors for the S-IV (/B) would be awesome too. :D 

Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered releasing the science experiments and antennas as a stand-alone mod? I love the extra science but the tanks and engines leave me a bit confused and clutter up their respective categories.

Yes, I know, I can delete the part files - was just wondering if you had ever thought of this.

16 hours ago, Thraeorn said:

If I have any more issues I will let you know. All I can say is since kerbal updated with allowing you to see the interiors from 3rd person view, Interiors for all the parts in the mod will be quite interesting.

I currently have no plans to do IVAs. They are time consuming and I'd rather devote time to more significant things.

27 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered releasing the science experiments and antennas as a stand-alone mod? I love the extra science but the tanks and engines leave me a bit confused and clutter up their respective categories.

Yes, I know, I can delete the part files - was just wondering if you had ever thought of this.

We are currently planning (planning being the operative word) to split BDB into LVs, probe/science parts, and everything else ie capsules, station parts, etc.

EDIT: Forgot the whole reason I posted. The H1 engines are mostly done and are up on Github. Their textures need to be finished and they need a balance pass but there.

hHW6CAQ.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

IVAs are nice, but they don't effect how rockets look or how they fly, and your rockets look beautiful and are fun to fly!  I think you are focusing in the right areas. 

I don't know how open you are to suggestion, but I would suggest that just splitting the mod in two (or offering a sub-set ala Angel-125's Pathfinder/Buffalo) would be a huge help. One set could be probe, science and station parts.  The other would be everything else. 

I love your parts but there are just so damn many it gets confusing (even with the manual.)

Keep up the great work!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I currently have no plans to do IVAs. They are time consuming and I'd rather devote time to more significant things.

We are currently planning (planning being the operative word) to split BDB into LVs, probe/science parts, and everything else ie capsules, station parts, etc.

EDIT: Forgot the whole reason I posted. The H1 engines are mostly done and are up on Github. Their textures need to be finished and they need a balance pass but there.

Sorry about my ignorance, but what is the the one in the left? the X-1?

30 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry about my ignorance, but what is the the one in the left? the X-1?

Left is the H-1C, which was partially aspirated and used for the inboard four engines. Right is the H-1D, which was fully aspirated and used on the outboard 4 engines.

@Jay that's awesome haha

@DiceCaller I outlined my plans in the post above yours.

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Left is the H-1C, which was partially aspirated and used for the inboard four engines. Right is the H-1D, which was fully aspirated and used on the outboard 4 engines.

ohhh nice! good to learn something new everyday!

h-1c-inboard-engine-4.jpg

21 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

ohhh nice! good to learn something new everyday!

All the images I see of the H-1s, they look like they were spray painted with a solid silver paint (ignoring the red covers). Makes me think of a certain mod Beale pls no kill me is jokes

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

All the images I see of the H-1s, they look like they were spray painted with a solid silver paint (ignoring the red covers). Makes me think of a certain mod Beale pls no kill me is jokes

In the sixties the used to finish them with a thermoresistant - anticorrosive paint, modern engines use an epoxy resin (a very close friend works for ULA)

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Really nice rendition of the H1! :)

Thank you! I know you're busy with your other mods, but when you get a chance, do you think you could take a quick look at ModCategorizer? It appears to not only be non-functional, but it also breaks other mod's custom categories, including ones that use other methods for inserting custom tabs.

15 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

In the sixties the used to finish them with a thermoresistant - anticorrosive paint, modern engines use an epoxy resin (a very close friend works for ULA)

Interesting! My understanding is modern US engines are also moving to a construction that's closer to the Russian method, where instead of little copper tubes they simply fuse a piece of corrugated metal to the inside of a solid/sheet metal bell, which forms the tubes for the regenerative cooling.

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Interesting! My understanding is modern US engines are also moving to a construction that's closer to the Russian method, where instead of little copper tubes they simply fuse a piece of corrugated metal to the inside of a solid/sheet metal bell, which forms the tubes for the regenerative cooling.

Yup, something like that, the RS25 used cooper plumbing to cool the bell and help with fuel pressurization, while the RS68 uses a simpler metal sheet with canals. But anyway I was talking about the final coat of paint.  

@Drakenex yeah I was just musing a bit. I found the tidbit interesting and hadn't been able to share it much yet.

Reiterating the need for several volunteers:

-Need help adding additional compatibility MM configs for the mod. Mods such as Kerbalism, USI-LS, etc. There are several issues listed on the GitHub but if you have MM configs made for other mods and would like to continue maintaining them, I'd appreciate being able to include them in the download.

-Second, we need someone to write additional science flavortexts for the camera experiments. The definitions are somewhat anemic now, and we need definitions for basically every biome in the game. Any help - even just a handful of entries - would be appreciated. Similarly, some of the experiments, such as the hydrometer and ion trap, have almost NO entries written.

-Third, @DiscoSlelge needs help editing/cleaning up the manual. Things like spellchecking, tweaking the art to be more appealing, etc. It's an InDesign file, so you'd need access and experience with that. @MainSailor, I know you use it. Would you be interested in taking a look? I have access to InDesign but little to no experience with it, and I would prefer to continue trying to get new parts out.

30 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

-Second, we need someone to write additional science flavortexts for the camera experiments. The definitions are somewhat anemic now, and we need definitions for basically every biome in the game. Any help - even just a handful of entries - would be appreciated. Similarly, some of the experiments, such as the hydrometer and ion trap, have almost NO entries written.

I will look at the ScienceDefs, but I'd welcome any help if anyone has some ideas.

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

-Third, @DiscoSlelge needs help editing/cleaning up the manual. Things like spellchecking, tweaking the art to be more appealing, etc. It's an InDesign file, so you'd need access and experience with that.

13312853_494510604081743_822292354047251

Yeah I need some help bc my bby ( @CobaltWolf <3 ) don't have so much time for me with all the stuff YOU forced him to do twitch-kappa.jpg So ! I need someone very kind to make me with screenshots Kronal Vessel View of the new Muo V and the Gemini cargo and Agena cargo (I can't do them because KVV isn't working anymore on mac (lel) ) and so... funny looking descriptions for them (take examples in the manual). Some assistance would be noice <3

16 minutes ago, akron said:

I will look at the ScienceDefs, but I'd welcome any help if anyone has some ideas.

Oh no, you have other stuff to do :P 

12 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Yeah I need some help bc my bby ( @CobaltWolf <3 ) don't have so much time for me with all the stuff YOU forced him to do twitch-kappa.jpg So ! I need someone very kind to make me with screenshots Kronal Vessel View of the new Muo V and the Gemini cargo and Agena cargo (I can't do them because KVV isn't working anymore on mac (lel) ) and so... funny looking descriptions for them (take examples in the manual). Some assistance would be noice <3

Muo V should wait until the Centaur revamp... especially cus then it'll have a proper Atlas 552 configuration between a new interstage+fairing base for the centaur, and the AJ-60s. The MOS crafts such as the Augustus still need some work before they're done.

Actually, we still need a name for the Agena resupply vehicle. Does anyone have ideas?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thank you! I know you're busy with your other mods, but when you get a chance, do you think you could take a quick look at ModCategorizer? It appears to not only be non-functional, but it also breaks other mod's custom categories, including ones that use other methods for inserting custom tabs.

I'll see what I can do. I believe there is an interaction issue between the ModCategorizer and WBT. Once that's straightened out I can figure out why it's not setting up the categories.

2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Southern Belle?

Nyet. For reference, the Gemini resupply vehicle is the Augustus and the Transtage-derived vehicle is the Rhea.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I'll see what I can do. I believe there is an interaction issue between the ModCategorizer and WBT. Once that's straightened out I can figure out why it's not setting up the categories.

Thank you. For the record, IIRC it is not creating them at all even without WBT. 

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Nyet. For reference, the Gemini resupply vehicle is the Augustus and the Transtage-derived vehicle is the Rhea.

Okay, some birds?

Well, I'm going to NZ so: Kiwi, Emu, Moa, Kea, Kaka, Kakapo, Ostrich, Cassowary, etc.

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh no, you have other stuff to do :P

Sure, there's also that other project which I've slacked on... but I do have to write ScienceDefs for the rest of my new experiments so I can add a few entries for BDB as well.

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Gemini cargo and Agena cargo

I can do that! :D Can you PM me some craft files for them or something? I don't wanna try myself and get it wrong :c