[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

This probably doesn't mean a lot to too many people, but KER and Mechjeb DV readings are broken for the Gemini spacecraft as the decoupler is the same part as the SM, so I did some math and overcame the tyranny of the rocket equation and came out with 784m/s of DV. Does that sound about right?

It's getting fixed.

2 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

OK, @CobaltWolf, I retract my previous statement.

The H-1s are outclassed in all ways by the muo's booster engines...except they are 500 kg lighter.

In practice, my Atlas IV (a normal atlas with H-1Ds instad of the standard skirt engines) has all of the qualities of the normal atlas, but goes like stink and is very useful for rendezvous with a station.

They're also early in development I think. Numbers are probably not final. :P

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's getting fixed.

But does it look right??

I call dibs I will personally model that glorious bird in the first pic if bluedog would make that a mod.

And you lucky to see the last surviving Valkyrie.

On 6/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, TimothyC said:

Living in Dayton means that it was a "Request day off of work, and go with my buddy" style of trip :P.

IMGP1748.JPG

IMGP1749.JPG

22 minutes ago, Thraeorn said:

I call dibs I will personally model that glorious bird in the first pic if bluedog would make that a mod.

And you lucky to see the last surviving Valkyrie.

Wha?

@Jack Wolfe nice screenshots meng.

Also, I got a *little* bit of work done on the RL10 today, I will try and get more done later tonight, its just I realized that I hadn't shared on the thread. The UV unwrapping is probably actually 75% of the way done - I just haven't started texturing most of it.

HvhFULe.png

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wha?

This forum has some of the worst UI/UX I ever seen, I mean a text link at the bottom and you can only quote? Where is the reply button? I digress.

I am a 3d modler. It is what I do. However I am not knowledgeable at all about moding kerbal but you are. One thing though is there are allot of rocket parts (yey) but not allot of plane parts and in the early days of aviation, this would defiantly be a welcome to also relive. The XB-70 was a glorious bird with only 2 built. The other one went down when a small jet taking photography got a bit too close and ended up clipping the aircraft. It was a deadly accident.

I would love to model this aircraft if you can aid in putting it in. or point me in the direction so I can learn myself.

1 minute ago, Thraeorn said:

This forum has some of the worst UI/UX I ever seen, I mean a text link at the bottom and you can only quote? Where is the reply button? I digress.

I am a 3d modler. It is what I do. However I am not knowledgeable at all about moding kerbal but you are. One thing though is there are allot of rocket parts (yey) but not allot of plane parts and in the early days of aviation, this would defiantly be a welcome to also relive. The XB-70 was a glorious bird with only 2 built. The other one went down when a small jet taking photography got a bit too close and ended up clipping the aircraft. It was a deadly accident.

I would love to model this aircraft if you can aid in putting it in. or point me in the direction so I can learn myself.

To type a reply you just scroll to the box at the bottom of the screen. :)

It's great to hear you're interested! Planes really aren't my 'thing'. If you're interested in giving it a try for yourself, the best (well, only) place to start would be here.

Ok thanks for that tip, Also did parts get renamed? I can't seem to find Discuri-120 "Tyndareus" which the "Manuel" claims there is to make the Daleth Lite I also noticed there is no "Brun" as well. Im scractching my head as there is no indicator in the changelog bundled with the mod.

27 minutes ago, Thraeorn said:

Ok thanks for that tip, Also did parts get renamed? I can't seem to find Discuri-120 "Tyndareus" which the "Manuel" claims there is to make the Daleth Lite I also noticed there is no "Brun" as well. Im scractching my head as there is no indicator in the changelog bundled with the mod.

Brun was changed to Viklun... 2 releases ago? I think? Because my reason for the name turned out to be wrong because a movie lied to me. The Dioscuri-120 definitely hasn't had its named changed.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Brun was changed to Viklun... 2 releases ago? I think? Because my reason for the name turned out to be wrong because a movie lied to me. The Dioscuri-120 definitely hasn't had its named changed.

movie lied to you? What? XD And yeah possibly 2 updates ago as .6 and .6b Which I recently updated from .5 to .6 Were thous the only parts that were renamed?

5 hours ago, Thraeorn said:

The other one went down when a small jet taking photography got a bit too close and ended up clipping the aircraft. It was a deadly accident.

For the record, the F-104, piloted by Joe Walker (NASA Test Pilot, and 7th American Astronaut - by virtue of his X-15 flights above the Karmen line), was not the aircraft taking pictures. The photoshoot was of five different aircraft powered by GE engines.

As a side note, both Joe Walker and the Pilot of the XB-70 (Alvin White), had been a part of the Man In Space Soonest program along with Armstrong and six others.

14 hours ago, TimothyC said:

For the record, the F-104, piloted by Joe Walker (NASA Test Pilot, and 7th American Astronaut - by virtue of his X-15 flights above the Karmen line), was not the aircraft taking pictures. The photoshoot was of five different aircraft powered by GE engines.

As a side note, both Joe Walker and the Pilot of the XB-70 (Alvin White), had been a part of the Man In Space Soonest program along with Armstrong and six others.

Noted.

Also to Bluedog. Another helpful idea. You have a "Manuel" which goes over allot of the rocket parts and the chassis of many of the rockets therein but there isn't much about their payloads (other than the agena/belle) I know that the

Astérix  is the Obleix and was mounted on a Diamant A rocket though I am not familiar with Satellites as I am with rockets.

2 hours ago, Thraeorn said:

Noted.

Also to Bluedog. Another helpful idea. You have a "Manuel" which goes over allot of the rocket parts and the chassis of many of the rockets therein but there isn't much about their payloads (other than the agena/belle) I know that the

Astérix  is the Obleix and was mounted on a Diamant A rocket though I am not familiar with Satellites as I am with rockets.

To be clear, the manual will not include stuff about probe, first because there's not enough and also because BDB isn't a "probe mod". The only exception is Explorer one probe, as it, the other probes offers by bdb were mostly launched by a thor-able like the Pioneer 1 or with Juno like Pioneer 2.

2 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

To be clear, the manual will not include stuff about probe, first because there's not enough and also because BDB isn't a "probe mod". The only exception is Explorer one probe, as it, the other probes offers by bdb were mostly launched by a thor-able like the Pioneer 1 or with Juno like Pioneer 2.

Well, it is on a good start to pick up where FASA left off. This mod has defiantly caught my attention as it is the only current mod with Mercury and Gemini rocket parts. Real Scale Boosters is the only current part pack I know that has Apollo parts (sadly they are too big with out another mod to make it fit in "kerbal size") But this is only the most notorious of programs as they were manned. There were many other missions before hand that lead the way to landing on the moon and beyond.

Remember the American V2 Bumper Rockets? Most failures but with out them and even the Bell X-1, Who knows what our space race may of looked like.

That reminds me... Mercury also had one rocket before Redstone. Little Joe. Any plans for that BD?

Edited by Thraeorn

17 minutes ago, Thraeorn said:

Well, it is on a good start to pick up where FASA left off. This mod has defiantly caught my attention as it is the only current mod with Mercury and Gemini rocket parts. Real Scale Boosters is the only current part pack I know that has Apollo parts (sadly they are too big with out another mod to make it fit in "kerbal size") But this is only the most notorious of programs as they were manned. There were many other missions before hand that lead the way to landing on the moon and beyond.

Remember the American V2 Bumper Rockets? Most failures but with out them and even the Bell X-1, Who knows what our space race may of looked like.

That reminds me... Mercury also had one rocket before Redstone. Little Joe. Any plans for that BD?

(my name is Cobalt but ok)

Likely not doing Little Joe, tho LJ2 might make an appearance due to a concept (which I can't find an image of) that basically made a satellite launch vehicle by taking a Minuteman and sticking it on top of the Little Joe 2 cluster.

The reason we don't include probes is because for most of the probe parts in the mod, there is only 1 or 2 parts for the associated probe, often not enough to make the complete craft.

Also, RL10 revamp proogress. I'm trying to keep it 'interesting' and so have been trying to figure out where I can inject color. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm dying to see where Porkjet takes the new stock engines' art style.

X9ssBNt.png

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Also, RL10 revamp proogress. I'm trying to keep it 'interesting' and so have been trying to figure out where I can inject color. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm dying to see where Porkjet takes the new stock engines' art style.

X9ssBNt.png

Honestly I feel like the direction Porkjet will take things exactly the direction you're going. Good mix between realism and the 'cartoon' vibe KSP has going on. Looking funky fresh man