[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

oh but do you want launch vehicles or individual parts, like the engines, science experiments, tanks etc?

I think something like Tantares, with the fully built launchers, is enough. I'll just say to look at the manual for a more comprehensive idea of what can be built.

3 hours ago, MemeBeam said:

@CobaltWolf

Thank for the reply I don't know how CTT interacts with other mods that aren't "stated" as comparable so this answers some other questions

CTT is easy.  If the part doesn't have a CTT config then the default node placements assigned in the config file will be used as it does nothing but add new nodes, not remove any.  To build a proper CTT file for BDB is going to be...challenging...to say the very least.  Each part will need to be assigned separately in a CTT config and placed on the tech tree appropriately.  If no one else ends up doing this for BDB I will because I don't ever run without CTT and the part placement for me right now is crazy random seeming.  

CAVEAT: I will not start working on this until the team feels they are getting close to a full release version.  Parts are getting added and changed on too regular a basis to contemplate writing it yet.  I will say that I have already started my own spreadsheet of part info for this mod in preparation in case this is needed.  @CobaltWolf If you think the mod is getting close to a full release as has been bantered about recently then I will start working on the CTT patch so you and the others could look it over and see if you agree with my tech assignments.  With as many parts as there are it will take a while to write (a week or more) and it seems almost pointless to approach until the parts stop shifting around.

11 hours ago, rasta013 said:

CTT is easy.  If the part doesn't have a CTT config then the default node placements assigned in the config file will be used as it does nothing but add new nodes, not remove any.  To build a proper CTT file for BDB is going to be...challenging...to say the very least.  Each part will need to be assigned separately in a CTT config and placed on the tech tree appropriately.  If no one else ends up doing this for BDB I will because I don't ever run without CTT and the part placement for me right now is crazy random seeming.  

CAVEAT: I will not start working on this until the team feels they are getting close to a full release version.  Parts are getting added and changed on too regular a basis to contemplate writing it yet.  I will say that I have already started my own spreadsheet of part info for this mod in preparation in case this is needed.  @CobaltWolf If you think the mod is getting close to a full release as has been bantered about recently then I will start working on the CTT patch so you and the others could look it over and see if you agree with my tech assignments.  With as many parts as there are it will take a while to write (a week or more) and it seems almost pointless to approach until the parts stop shifting around.

I was planning on calling it 'done' after Saturn V / Apollo / LEM were added. Not that I'll stop working / adding more things, but all that will be stretch goals. :)

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I was planning on calling it 'done' after Saturn V / Apollo / LEM were added. Not that I'll stop working / adding more things, but all that will be stretch goals. :)

I was kind of guessing that was where this was all headed as a release point which was why I got my parts spreadsheet started.  I don't suppose you already have a fully compiled spreadsheet/list (text file? post-it notes?) that is a full list of all parts along with their actual part names/file names.  That's the list I'm compiling and I have to double check every single part config to make sure the part name is correct for the CTT patch.  If you or anyone else happen to have a list that was mostly or all done it would vastly shorten the amount of time it'll take since all I'd have to do is place parts/patch write.  The roadmap/blueprint/old craft files etc are also references for me to properly try and place everything on the CTT but those I have already.

Otherwise I'll be doing some fancy grep work on a text dump of the whole BDB directory... :0.0:

Edited by rasta013

No, I do not have anything like that. But you could probably save some work and write a batch file to spit it all out. Something like grab the values for the "part = ", "name = ", the line for tech tree placement, etc.

With that said, the majority of the BDB parts probably don't have to move around at all. The only things I could think of would be if you wanted to move the MOL stuff to the stations line, and shifting the larger rockets over near the end of the tree.

Yeah I'll be brushing off my old grep skills this weekend.  I'll do all this work under linux since my data manipulation tools are so much better.  I do agree about the parts though.  Generally speaking I think most of them are sitting in about the right spot on the tree except for the very top end engines perhaps.  Splitting them out under the CTT will allow me to spread it out somewhat so that a wide range of rocket bodies are not being opened or partially opened on single nodes.

13 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Yeah I'll be brushing off my old grep skills this weekend.  I'll do all this work under linux since my data manipulation tools are so much better.  I do agree about the parts though.  Generally speaking I think most of them are sitting in about the right spot on the tree except for the very top end engines perhaps.  Splitting them out under the CTT will allow me to spread it out somewhat so that a wide range of rocket bodies are not being opened or partially opened on single nodes.

#JustGeneralRocketryThings

What are people's thoughts on that node by the way? I hate how much stuff I've had to shove into it. I think the situation could be relieved somewhat by pushing Atlas back one node - this is the same node as Titan 1. However, the reason Atlas comes in its current node is so that you can make Atlas-Mercury in a timely manner, and I didn't want people to be upset/confused by that. What should be done? Besides Atlas, I believe Agena A, Thor, and Juno unlock at that node. Some of those parts can probably be moved as well to the next node, such as the XL Thor tank.

2 minutes ago, 123nick said:

is there a changelog for the Mice version?

@Jso basically compiled all the stuff from the dev builds at the time and released them. It includes the unfinished Saturn and MOS parts, but they're not stable / done. If you've been running dev builds from after I got back from my trip (~2 weeks ago) then you're good.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

@Jso basically compiled all the stuff from the dev builds at the time and released them. It includes the unfinished Saturn and MOS parts, but they're not stable / done. If you've been running dev builds from after I got back from my trip (~2 weeks ago) then you're good.

thanks for the quick reply :D is there gonna be a stream over the weekend?

42 minutes ago, 123nick said:

thanks for the quick reply :D is there gonna be a stream over the weekend?

No, I'm out of town right now. I wanted to stream Monday night but that may not happen either, depending on how much contract work I have when I get back. @akron is streaming tonight tho.

@CobaltWolf Something like this?

Those look great! But because I'm picky, here's a couple things:

-The Mercury Redstone image is a bit dark, due to the launcher being backlit.

-The decals on the launcher give the impression that I have writing on them - they don't.

- I think the Mercury Atlas is a bit more iconic with the booster engines, no? I'm not sure. That screenshot is too good to pass up though.

- The GLV screenshot looks great!

@CobaltWolf Pls let me know if that's OK so I can carry on with other launchers-payloads.

They look great! I'm only looking for the most basic/iconic configuration of each launcher, but I'd be elated I some of the more obscure variants found their way in as well! And if you keep adding them to that album I'd be able to just add it to the OP! I love the historical information. I know that when I played FASA I had never seen a Redstone, Atlas, or Titan before so all that stuff was an introduction for me. For some of the more obscure launchers I think it would be a great opportunity for more context for them, like the Diamant and Juno.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

They look great! I'm only looking for the most basic/iconic configuration of each launcher, but I'd be elated I some of the more obscure variants found their way in as well! And if you keep adding them to that album I'd be able to just add it to the OP! I love the historical information. I know that when I played FASA I had never seen a Redstone, Atlas, or Titan before so all that stuff was an introduction for me. For some of the more obscure launchers I think it would be a great opportunity for more context for them, like the Diamant and Juno.

Perfect, I'll keep adding shots to that album, if anyone have suggestions/craft files for more "obscure" configurations, please feel free to share them.

9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Perfect, I'll keep adding shots to that album, if anyone have suggestions/craft files for more "obscure" configurations, please feel free to share them.

I meant variations covered in the manual, but there's probably a bunch I haven't thought of. I'm excited to see a 3BAS2 once the Algol SRB is in.

1 hour ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Has anyone attempted or succeeded in creating MM Configs for BDB and CoolRockets?

No, but if someone makes them I'd be happy to include them!

Just found a bug and the solution. The probe cores with built in antennas cause a game breaking crash with the Remotetech configs for them when they are deployed during reentry. The Remotetech configs define a maxQ value for the pressure at which antennas which are deployed should break. This leads to a game breaking bug with things going a bit wonky when you reach that maxQ value during reentry with the internal antennas deployed. I think the game doesn't know what to do when Remotetech decides to break the probe core (actually it's antenna). 

To reproduce just deploy the built in antennas on a probe and reenter. 

I just removed the maxQ entry from the Remotetech compatibility MM configs. Seems to be all good now. 

4 hours ago, rasta013 said:

Have you got a stable working version of CR?  It still won't run for me but then my mod load is stupidly large...

It's running for me... Make sure you get the latest version of Smokescreen from here:
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen

and then download CR from here:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ColdRockets/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/CoolRockets.zip

17 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

It's running for me... Make sure you get the latest version of Smokescreen from here:
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen

and then download CR from here:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ColdRockets/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/CoolRockets.zip

OH WOW!  Somehow along the way I missed this.  When I last tried this (admittedly it was sometime in April) it was causing me real issues and throwing NREs at me everywhere.  Obvious now that it was a mod conflict from something else apparently but I never checked again thinking it wasn't working.  Thanks for the heads up!