Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.11.2] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.7.3 "Огромный" 19/Apr/2021)


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

I dont speak for anyone else but me, but I dont like that it exists. I like it when the LES is just the tower and the little nosecone.

the Apollo had a protective cover over the capsule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

It's always been 2 for me

 

47 minutes ago, drskitts said:

I'm Pretty sure the Stock Mobile Processing Lab has crew capacity of 2. 

Yes, but if you look at the model in Unity there are seats for six. IIRC, you can enable them in the config.

Edited by Andem
Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of building the hype to uncontrollable levels, the S-IVB stage is mostly unwrapped and textured except for the engine. I basically just have to do the J2 and then I can get it in game. No pictures since I'm posting this update on my phone, just wanted to let y'all know. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm going to be on an 11 HOUR bus trip on Saturday, so ANY AND ALL GOOD REFERENCE y'all have for the Saturn V stages would be appreciated so I can work offline. I plan on trying to finish modeling, UV unwrap them and maybe get them textured that day. We are getting so close to having a full playtest (i.e. a full beta) for the Saturn V/Apollo/LEM mission set. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

 

EDIT: Also, I'm going to be on an 11 HOUR bus trip on Saturday, so ANY AND ALL GOOD REFERENCE y'all have for the Saturn V stages would be appreciated so I can work offline. I plan on trying to finish modeling, UV unwrap them and maybe get them textured that day. We are getting so close to having a full playtest (i.e. a full beta) for the Saturn V/Apollo/LEM mission set. :)

The best site for that http://heroicrelics.org/info/saturn-v/saturn-v-general.html
http://heroicrelics.org/info/s-ivb/s-ivb-v-overview.html

Edited by DiscoSlelge
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

At the risk of building the hype to uncontrollable levels, the S-IVB stage is mostly unwrapped and textured except for the engine. I basically just have to do the J2 and then I can get it in game. No pictures since I'm posting this update on my phone, just wanted to let y'all know. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm going to be on an 11 HOUR bus trip on Saturday, so ANY AND ALL GOOD REFERENCE y'all have for the Saturn V stages would be appreciated so I can work offline. I plan on trying to finish modeling, UV unwrap them and maybe get them textured that day. We are getting so close to having a full playtest (i.e. a full beta) for the Saturn V/Apollo/LEM mission set. :)

Choo Choo  Just a little quiet train.

1 minute ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Well, to explain myself a bit better - the whole thing already has a proper model. I need images of significant/cool details to greeble the models with to finish them. As well as anything that would apply for texturing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, to explain myself a bit better - the whole thing already has a proper model. I need images of significant/cool details to greeble the models with to finish them. As well as anything that would apply for texturing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=46856&d=1300

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

At the risk of building the hype to uncontrollable levels,

I think we're well past that....I haven't been this excited since I was waiting for the judge to grant me my divorce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, to explain myself a bit better - the whole thing already has a proper model. I need images of significant/cool details to greeble the models with to finish them. As well as anything that would apply for texturing.

Picture overload time!

eande-f1scale.jpg

 

13.jpg

Here's the inside of the F-1

eande-plate-huge-exhibit.jpg

There's also this cool in-depth documentary about the Saturn V.
 

Hope it helps. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, to explain myself a bit better - the whole thing already has a proper model. I need images of significant/cool details to greeble the models with to finish them. As well as anything that would apply for texturing.

2MmSgkbl.jpg?1

Hope it helps

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, random weird question time: My current install is modded to hell and back and to hell again; 

What exactly is the intended dV for a standard Kane CSM, chutes, quads, et al combo? I suspect i've gotten myself tied in a knot with some of these rescales, but I wanted to confirm what ballpark it ought to be in.

If this is too dumb a question, please pull the "too dumb a question" lever and drop me in the pit :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

At the risk of building the hype to uncontrollable levels, the S-IVB stage is mostly unwrapped and textured except for the engine. I basically just have to do the J2 and then I can get it in game. No pictures since I'm posting this update on my phone, just wanted to let y'all know. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm going to be on an 11 HOUR bus trip on Saturday, so ANY AND ALL GOOD REFERENCE y'all have for the Saturn V stages would be appreciated so I can work offline. I plan on trying to finish modeling, UV unwrap them and maybe get them textured that day. We are getting so close to having a full playtest (i.e. a full beta) for the Saturn V/Apollo/LEM mission set. :)

As far as your 11 Hr trip on the Bus.  have fun,  Last December I spent 13 hours going west then 3 days later back.  The catch was that the bus broke down and we were stuck for 4 hours.  With no power and no heat we had some RCMP officers (two of them were cute female newbies) sit behind us with their lights on so we did not get smoked by some tractor tailor.  Got to love Canadian winters on the prairies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unable to sleep, I chalenged myself to send a probe to Laythe, I play ksp since 2013 and I never succeded this great achievement. The Titan IVB Centaur was ready to launch, and I surprised myself accomplishing something I dreamt about...

1472536757-20160830064124-1.jpg

1472536765-20160830070724-1.jpg

1472536771-20160830072814-1.jpg

There's the full album (I don't understand at all how to imgur correctly on this forum), a big thanks to @CobaltWolf and @akron for your outstanding mods <3

Edited by DiscoSlelge
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, komodo said:

Ok, random weird question time: My current install is modded to hell and back and to hell again; 

What exactly is the intended dV for a standard Kane CSM, chutes, quads, et al combo? I suspect i've gotten myself tied in a knot with some of these rescales, but I wanted to confirm what ballpark it ought to be in.

If this is too dumb a question, please pull the "too dumb a question" lever and drop me in the pit :P

Just fiddling with the fuel sliders, 60% fuel (792 fuel units) looks about right for the minimum to do a Mun mission with maybe a 100 dv margin. I'm not sure which way we're going to go with this, but I think we could fit up to 1500 fuel units in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...