[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

How exciting! Speaking of whic, for those interested in the current stage of Saturn V:

~snip of Sarnus V textured~

Second thoughts:

I like the "red lines" rather than (nation/rocket) names on the parts, BUT then I ask you an improvement:

Add some toggleable "flags" on the rocket (like for capsules), with the one everyone uses for his own space program, where there was the USA flag in the real Saturn V.
It could fit for those that want a "USA" rocket, and for those that like any kind of flag on it :wink:

Edited by Araym

2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

LOOKS EPIC!!!!!!

Now all you have to do is the fins, top up the engine mounts, the SLA, the J-2s, and the F-1. 

And the interstage for S-IVB. And basically the whole of the enginemounts - they're pretty blank. And the 5.625m decoupler. And the ullage motors. And add retros to the engine mount. And add a lot of polish to the tanks. There's still a lot left. I focused on the bigger parts first but that means the little stuff adds up and you realized somewhat late how much of it there is.

@Araym yes I already added them, they weren't visible in that screenshot.

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

And the interstage for S-IVB. And basically the whole of the enginemounts - they're pretty blank. And the 5.625m decoupler. And the ullage motors. And add retros to the engine mount. And add a lot of polish to the tanks. There's still a lot left. I focused on the bigger parts first but that means the little stuff adds up and you realized somewhat late how much of it there is.

@Araym yes I already added them, they weren't visible in that screenshot.

Meaaooowwwwww-puuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <Araym, "the cat" version purring :lol:>

I've been using the K-P0LL0 Iva for a while too. Even if it's just for the corner portraits, it's a nice touch. It is beyond open source, it got public domained, along with the source models as well.

textures look boss as well! :D 

35 minutes ago, komodo said:

I've been using the K-P0LL0 Iva for a while too. Even if it's just for the corner portraits, it's a nice touch. It is beyond open source, it got public domained, along with the source models as well.

textures look boss as well! :D 

Agreed the interior model is A LOT better @CobaltWolf. I love that we don't have to view the ugly stock CM IVA. Perhaps with a little fiddling you may be able to add another seat to it. 

Also, I thought the forward interstage was done, my bad. 

Edited by davidy12

Finally got to try out the CSM and LM and they both worked beautifully, although I'm using KW in the process of waiting I used the S-IVB (BDB). The performance was very adequate as well as interfacing between different mods - needless to say I can't wait for the Saturn V to be finished. I will say on my first test mission though it was very difficult to ingress / egress from the LM and climb the ladder too - is there a preferred decoupler to use that makes boarding easier? Everything worked nominal IMO so far... except the flag of course!

lkskv8G.png

Also, as a interesting project for 'BDB Expanded' is a study from General Atomics launched on Saturn variants which included 10 meter and 20 meter (I believe) concepts; I'm sure you've heard of Project Orion:

tMwYicg.png

Interesting I loaded up this beast orbiting around the Mun when about 20 km I noticed I was about to crash into the cratered landscape I put the pedal to the floor and managed to not only get back to orbit by completely reversing my trajectory, but put myself on a course for Duna! I enjoy my Hohmann Transfers, but brachistochrone is where it's at :cool:

5 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Finally got to try out the CSM and LM and they both worked beautifully, although I'm using KW in the process of waiting I used the S-IVB (BDB). The performance was very adequate as well as interfacing between different mods - needless to say I can't wait for the Saturn V to be finished. I will say on my first test mission though it was very difficult to ingress / egress from the LM and climb the ladder too - is there a preferred decoupler to use that makes boarding easier? Everything worked nominal IMO so far... except the flag of course!

We're going to a decoupler integrated in the descent tanks. I was using the 0.9375 decoupler before (the white one with the red triangles). The Kerbal doesn't really fit in the doorway too well. We might need to loosen up the collider above the hatch if it's a chronic problem.

3 hours ago, Jso said:

The Kerbal doesn't really fit in the doorway too well. We might need to loosen up the collider above the hatch if it's a chronic problem.

Sounds like in RL! Although it would be terrifying to not be able to reenter your craft on another surface it was quite humorous flying into the ladder/door to board :D

6 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

The hopes and dreams of humanity once rested on the shoulders of Saturn... Ours rests on the shoulders of Hype...

https://astroengine.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/skylab_launch_on_saturn_v.jpg

It looks like a Saturn V to me. When it comes to the stripes......

original.gif

I'll vote for leaving the stripe as is. Its presence or absence won't alter the rocket's flight performance one iota. Getting mired over a minor visual detail is a sure way to keep the rocket grounded far longer than necessary. #thestripeisGO

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Just wanna say, there was never a point where that stripe stopped me from working or otherwise slowed me down...

k55Dbs7.png

As we near the end of the S-1C development, it's time to work on the most important part of the stage...

F-1_rocket_engine.jpg

This will be a nightmare to texture I imagine. 

35 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Just wanna say, there was never a point where that stripe stopped me from working or otherwise slowed me down...

k55Dbs7.png

As we near the end of the S-1C development, it's time to work on the most important part of the stage...

F-1_rocket_engine.jpg

Russian on a Saturn V? Damn commies...:mad: