[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, PeteKonrad said:

I've noticed that the antennae used for Skylab will refuse to accept Extend commands until a crew docks with the station. Is this expected behaviour and I'm just missing something, or a bug? Thanks :) 

I guess that depends on if you have a Red Kerbal in the upper left corner of your screen (next to Comnet Icon)

If you have a Red Kerbal, you didn't include the Saturn IU or any other sort of control point to control the Station from the Ground with.

Otherwise... I guess it would depend on a lot of factors.   Some mods are triggering RT patches that shouldn't be (see posts above)   Unsure what mod was so poorly written to cause this but it isn't BDB.

I have flown Skylab as recent as 2 weeks ago with zero issues in a medium mod environment.   I will check again in a few minutes as I am awaiting game load

*EDITED*

So I launched the Skylab with the standard attendant parts (Saturn IU is the control point.)   Antennas (no matter what ones I include including the big folders that are supposed to be on Skylab) all work on my install.    I am using the latest BDB release (no dev version ATM.)

Edited by Pappystein

10 hours ago, M3Man03 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "click the option".  What option?  And why would changing any option in the game menu change the sound for 1 part?  Its literally just the F1 engine from this pack that has its sound much louder than any other engine.

Sorry. @ed the wrong person.

10 minutes ago, subyng said:

So it seems like the Fatlas, as built according to the unofficial wiki https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Atlas-Unflown ,just the first stage alone doesn't have enough TWR to get off the launchpad. I've seen other people post their fatlas pics here; how did you make it work?

Are you using the Saturn I engine the HD1(H-1D) in place of the main engine on the 2.5 meter atlas? 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Are you using the Saturn I engine the HD1(H-1D) in place of the main engine on the 2.5 meter atlas? 

Yep. And the fully upgraded engines on the half stage, I only have 0.96 TWR at sea level. 

edit: with just the first stage!

Edited by subyng

1 hour ago, subyng said:

This is without any payload. Just the first stage!

Show me the screenshot and craft file of your rocket. It is also likely that the two booster engine of your fatlas need upgraded version. It should be the LR98-7 variant. 

Edited by Pulsar
Add craft file please?

2 hours ago, subyng said:

This is without any payload. Just the first stage!

Strange. But like Pulsar said, maybe provide a screenshot of your craft. 

And which Fatlas are you trying to make?

Atlas SLV-3X or Atlas SLV-3XA

When I built the SLV-3X, I got a TWR of 1.23 without payload.

With the SLV-3XA I got 1.19 without payload.
Note: The lower TWR is due to the extra fuel that comes with the adapter to take the Atlas from 1.875 to 0.9375 (The BT1-700 tank)
Note 2: Without the fuel in the BT1-700 tank, the TWR goes up to 1.27

(Both builds used fully upgraded engines)

Edited by GoldForest

9 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Show me the screenshot and craft file of your rocket. It is also likely that the two booster engine of your fatlas need upgraded version. It should be the LR98-7 variant. 

Minor correction those should be LR89-7s.   LR98-7 did/does not exist.

And the LR89-7 would have only flown on the smallest of the FATLAS.   Most require the improved thrust of the H-1 engine.

Edited by Pappystein

On 10/31/2019 at 3:39 AM, Zorg said:

The F1 engines are configured to be deliberately quite loud, because well they are F1 engines :). Launching a Saturn V should feel quite eventful.

Having grown up listening to them on television, it was the loudest launch I ever heard. So wish I could have seen 1 go up in and been there to watch it. :(

27 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

And the LR89-7 would have only flown on the smallest of the FATLAS.   Most require the improved thrust of the H-1 engine.

Do you have a reference for this Pappystein? I've only seen the Ed Kyle card which has the LR89 boosters and a single H1 sustainer. Curious about any growth proposals.

Just now, Zorg said:

Do you have a reference for this Pappystein? I've only seen the Ed Kyle card which has the LR89 boosters and a single H1 sustainer. Curious about any growth proposals.

Less reference and more common sense.   The bigger the rocket the more thrust that is needed...   That being said I was specifically referring to the 2.5m KSP scale Atlas as the SMALLEST and the 3.125 scale would be "bigger."   And then in my just waking up-i-ness   I totally forgot about the MIDDLE SLV3X that is 3.125 with 4x LR89s....

7 minutes ago, TonedMite133805 said:

What was the most recent update? 1.5.1?

The most recent version of BDB is v1.6.1. It is compatible with KSP 1.7.3 and KSP 1.8.x

However you need to make sure the dependencies such as B9PartSwitch and Module Manager are for your version of KSP

If you download from here you will find two downloads, one with included dependencies for 1.7.3 and one for 1.8.0 onwards

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases

If you download from spacedock, the bundled dependencies will be for 1.8.0

14 hours ago, Pulsar said:

So it turns out I just had the staging set up incorrectly so Kerbal Engineer was only showing me the TWR for the middle engine! With all three engines I get a healthy TWR.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Saturn5tony said:

Having grown up listening to them on television, it was the loudest launch I ever heard. So wish I could have seen 1 go up in and been there to watch it. :(

If I remember correctly the 5 F-1 engines managed to hit over 210 dB's at the launch pad. Anything beyond 190 dB's isn't even a sound wave anymore, it's a shockwave!
The Space shuttle hit 180 dB at the payload bay (although the space shuttle barely had any sound insulation for the payload bay. The Falcon-9 hits 131 dB inside the Payload fairing and around 160 dB outside.... So yeah...
the F-1 engine sound is quite LOUD hehehe

On 11/1/2019 at 5:02 PM, subyng said:

So it turns out I just had the staging set up incorrectly so Kerbal Engineer was only showing me the TWR for the middle engine! With all three engines I get a healthy TWR.

FATATLAS has a stage and half design, both Kerbal Engineer and Mechjeb are not capable of calculating the TWR, dV and so on... that's why I did the dV math. I would love to make the dV charts for FATATLAS so people could use it (and maaaaybe someone might want to dive deeper in the numbers), but I will only have some time available to make them by mid to late December... so... until then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

Alright... been a crazy 24 hours or so with all the power outages and crazy weather in my area. Almost woke up with a pair of ice cubes instead of lizards this morning (not to mention, several hours late due to my alarm clock losing power...) which was fairly unpleasant. Things seem back to normal now, so I'm going to try and stream starting some time between 7 and 8 AM Eastern tomorrow morning. I was going to get Agena in this weekend, but the power outages mean I don't have the files for the moment. That's fine, there's plenty of cleanup stuff and the like for the Thor/Delta parts. :)

The TR-201 fits nicely between the 118F and 118K in terms of size...

Qy3B2Wx.png

And man... I've noticed there's a lot of Titan 23G fans around... would have loved to see this upgrade, combined with a few Castor IVAs strapped on...

GJXDo5b.png

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright... been a crazy 24 hours or so with all the power outages and crazy weather in my area. Almost woke up with a pair of ice cubes instead of lizards this morning (not to mention, several hours late due to my alarm clock losing power...) which was fairly unpleasant. Things seem back to normal now, so I'm going to try and stream starting some time between 7 and 8 AM Eastern tomorrow morning. I was going to get Agena in this weekend, but the power outages mean I don't have the files for the moment. That's fine, there's plenty of cleanup stuff and the like for the Thor/Delta parts. :)

The TR-201 fits nicely between the 118F and 118K in terms of size...

Qy3B2Wx.png

And man... I've noticed there's a lot of Titan 23G fans around... would have loved to see this upgrade, combined with a few Castor IVAs strapped on...

GJXDo5b.png

Will that work with the long Centaur interstage, or would it need it's own?

I've been playing around with the dev version the last few days and the new Thor/Delta stuff really looks incredible. I never used to use the Thor parts because they were oddly proportioned and kind of ugly ( no offense ), but the jump in quality to the new parts is absolutely transformative. I know it can be rough to look at some of the older models compared to the newer ones, but at the same time: it really underscores just how far the mod has come and how much the art style has grown and developed over time. I remember when the Saturn parts were a monumental leap forward and even they are showing their age now. Great work, and thanks to you and your contributors for keeping this up all this time.

8 hours ago, Mudwig said:

Will that work with the long Centaur interstage, or would it need it's own?

I've been playing around with the dev version the last few days and the new Thor/Delta stuff really looks incredible. I never used to use the Thor parts because they were oddly proportioned and kind of ugly ( no offense ), but the jump in quality to the new parts is absolutely transformative. I know it can be rough to look at some of the older models compared to the newer ones, but at the same time: it really underscores just how far the mod has come and how much the art style has grown and developed over time. I remember when the Saturn parts were a monumental leap forward and even they are showing their age now. Great work, and thanks to you and your contributors for keeping this up all this time.

We were thinking along the same lines! It's slightly too short, I'll have to figure something out. I might just adjust it slightly for the long version :P

Thank you, and no I hate all the old stuff too <3

Dev stream about to boot up over on Twitch!

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Qy3B2Wx.png

First, a word from our sponsor:   "BLUEEEEE!!!!!!"

Yes! You got a good cross between blue and black for the Columbium bell!   Looks AWESOME!     Glad everyone is... Mostly OK after the power outages.   Ice-cubes for Reptiles is not a good look or experience.     Sad about Agena's slight delay... but I am looking forward to the new versions(s)!  

RE TR-201/LMDE   I am curious why you don't just model the Electronics/Pintle Control onto the Lander itself?  It is not a game breaking thing, and then you only have one new engine model (instead of 2 or 1+1 shared)     Then you are still 1+1 but there is no model change... Just a CFG change for B9PS to sort.    Whatever is the least work for you (and I don't know which way that falls...)

Oh and BLUEEEEE!!!!!!   :D